KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » juggernaut vs poison

juggernaut vs poison
Started by: Dareangel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dareangel

juggernaut vs poison

i just remembered about the issue where wolverine and canonball meet juggernaut at a bar. juggernaut is having drinks and all. it made me wonder, if juggernaut is drinking alcohol at a bar, that means the alcohol effects him otherwise he wouldnt be drinking. now the alcohol effect is basically poisioning of the body to some degree that makes you drunk. so can juggernaut be poisoned in your opinion?

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 12:05 PM
Dareangel is currently offline Click here to Send Dareangel a Private Message Find more posts by Dareangel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Unless Juggy was just there for the social company. Was he drunk whilst at the bar? If not, then maybe he was just there for the ambience. Maybe shoot some pool. Listen to tunes on the jukebox.

IOW, faulty logic to assume someone can be affected by alcohol just because they're drinking at a bar.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 12:11 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dareangel

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Unless Juggy was just there for the social company. Was he drunk whilst at the bar? If not, then maybe he was just there for the ambience. Maybe shoot some pool. Listen to tunes on the jukebox.

IOW, faulty logic to assume someone can be affected by alcohol just because they're drinking at a bar.

only thing is, he was drinking a lot of beer and focused on drinking and thats the only thing he did.not exactly there to find a date as you can tell. IOW, faulty to assume something when you can just look at the actual comics before addressing the issue. because its only logical you debate something after you know what is going on

Last edited by Dareangel on Dec 30th, 2017 at 12:17 PM

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 12:13 PM
Dareangel is currently offline Click here to Send Dareangel a Private Message Find more posts by Dareangel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

So was he affected by the drink? Simple yes/no answer. Could you tell from the comic if he was affected?

As this entire thread is predicated on him being affected,I'm assuming there is clear proof that he was.....is that correct?

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 12:18 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dareangel

So was he affected by the drink? Simple yes/no answer. Could you tell from the comic if he was affected?

As this entire thread is predicated on him being affected,I'm assuming there is clear proof that he was.....is that correct?

YES. otherwise, there is no point for him to be jugging all that beer like a maniac. that means, he got the beer effect which means alcohol.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 12:24 PM
DarkSaint85

Or he loves the taste of a well crafted beer.

So you have zero evidence that he was affected by the alcohol? Thanks. Thought so.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 12:31 PM
Dareangel

Or he loves the taste of a well crafted beer.

So you have zero evidence that he was affected by the alcohol? Thanks. Thought so.

effected at that point? no evidence because he was intrrupted from drinking and couldnt finish drinking the doses he wanted. effected overall? he busts head first into a pub saying who i got to stomp to get beer over here. then he drinks beer from the faucet itself. that means the beer effects him otherwise there is no point to act like that for alcohol. i think its very clear. being a smart ass and assume maybe and maybe is good for being just that, a smart ass. however, evidence is determained by the most logical explanation. showing juggernaut going to a pub and being crazy over beer clearly was meant to portray the beer having an effect on him same way its effecting everybody else only probably he needs a bigger dose, thats why he was drinking so much from the faucet itself. another indication that he was looking for the drunkness effect and it simply just takes more to effect him.

Last edited by Dareangel on Dec 30th, 2017 at 12:41 PM

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 12:36 PM
DarkSaint85

Or he likes the taste. Logical. After all, he hates light beer.

Or he, being dumb, still thinks he can be affected by alcohol. Doesn't mean he would be, though. Also logical.

So to answer this thread, no, Juggernaut can't be poisoned,based on the evidence we've seen.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 12:40 PM
Dareangel

Or he likes the taste. Logical. After all, he hates light beer.

Or he, being dumb, still thinks he can be affected by alcohol. Doesn't mean he would be, though. Also logical.

So to answer this thread, no, Juggernaut can't be poisoned,based on the evidence we've seen.

first of all where is it said he hates light beer show me. secondly, how is it different from any other person that hates light beer but can get drunk? thirdly, by the scans he is indeed drinking light beer, which will only make it more reasonable that he was drinking to get drunk

thinks he can be effected by beer? so you basically assume thats the first time he drinks beer as juggernaut? now you even got deeper into the assuming things because you are desperate to defend your theory. just try not to imagine a whole comics over it will you.

the outcome is determined by the weight and explanation of the evidence. i dont need to prove within 100% that he is indeed getting drunk, i just have to make it a more reasonable answer for the evidence. and as i explained, him being effected by the elcohol in the beer is the more reasonable explanation to that portray than your made up assumptions. therefor, its enough for my evidence to begin this discussion as him being effected by poison as well. the only factor here is the fact we know he can drink a lot before getting drunk

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 12:46 PM
DarkSaint85

So, zero proof he's affected by alcohol. Thanks.

No,he cannot be poisoned.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 02:34 PM
Dareangel

So, zero proof he's affected by alcohol. Thanks.

No,he cannot be poisoned.

i already explained the evidence which leads to a proof. its the same as seeing a character eat, but you claim he doesnt need food and maybe he just eats for the taste. asking me to prove his specific organizm needs food beyond any doubt when we see him eating, is just... you know.
care to explain your opinion?

Last edited by Dareangel on Dec 30th, 2017 at 02:53 PM

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 02:49 PM
DarkSaint85

Just what?

Are there any scans of him being affected by alcohol? Surely as this entire thread is based on him being drunk....SURELY there is a clear cut scan of him....drunk???

If there isn't, and all you have is supposition (oh, he must be able to get drunk because that is the ONLY logical - not possible, logical - explanation) then..yeah.

Never mind that he has fought as a skeleton,with no blood or heart or nervous system. Nooooo.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 03:00 PM
Dareangel

Just what?

Are there any scans of him being affected by alcohol? Surely as this entire thread is based on him being drunk....SURELY there is a clear cut scan of him....drunk???

If there isn't, and all you have is supposition (oh, he must be able to get drunk because that is the ONLY logical - not possible, logical - explanation) then..yeah.

Never mind that he has fought as a skeleton,with no blood or heart or nervous system. Nooooo.

as i pointed out already, the writer showing us he is consuming alcohol. that means alcohol effects him. its that simple.

now, as far as him being a skeleton and survive, it means healing ability. but if something effects you or not, is not a healing ability question. the fact you can deal with the damage is something else. its like bullets are effecting wolverine its just it all heals.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 03:11 PM
MADMAN01

So because someone drinks something it automatically affects that character? So if flash drank alcohol it would affect him? Same with superman? Or galactus? As long as they are doing it on panel it affects them?

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 03:53 PM
MADMAN01 is currently offline Click here to Send MADMAN01 a Private Message Find more posts by MADMAN01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genii96

Maybe he was drinking beer simply because he liked it?

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 03:56 PM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dareangel

Originally posted by MADMAN01
So because someone drinks something it automatically affects that character? So if flash drank alcohol it would affect him? Same with superman? Or galactus? As long as they are doing it on panel it affects them?

did you see galactus drink alcohol? or superman? lets not assume and guess things that never happened and also wont make sense. however, we did see juggernaut consume alcohol. i think its only logical to say the writer intended to tell us something here. you know, a character consuming alcohol, i wonder what that means.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 03:56 PM
Dareangel

Originally posted by Genii96
Maybe he was drinking beer simply because he liked it?

option was brought up. as i explained already, if we look at the event, jugegrnaut is portrayed as someone who is a heavy beer consumer plus it showed he was consuming big amounts of it. i do believe those 2 things are intended to show us he consumes alcohol in major doses because its harder for him to get drunk. i mean lets say they show us someone drink vodka right? same argument could be brought, that he just likes the taste. however, the more reasonable explanation is that this character is drinking the alcoholoc drink for the alcohol effect purposes.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 03:59 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

He was drinking alone... straight from the beer dispenser, to boot... and was enjoying the hell out of it.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 04:04 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 04:06 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

He wasn't affected, at all. I enjoy that scene though... especially when Wolverine bounce on the bar and Cain thinks twice about fighting him (because Wolverine isn't easy to take out). Have that comic still in the plastic paper. Wonder how much I can get for it.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 04:15 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote