KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Deadly shooting in Wichita linked to "Swatting"

Deadly shooting in Wichita linked to "Swatting"
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Minuteman

This is just like the kid that was shot murdered in the hotel hallway in Arizona.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 12:47 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
@#$%

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
No, don't fire unless you see a gun/weapon and the guy with a gun/weapon actually does something threatening. If a person can't handle that then they should not be a cop.

Reaching for a weapon is threatening.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 01:06 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

That and Cops are ONLY Human and don't have Super Senses.
And this is Wichita they are talking about. The town isn't called "Little Detroit" for nothing. Parts of that town are pure war zones. I don't blame the cop for being nervous.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 01:10 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Astral Shaman

Originally posted by cdtm

Bingo. Though I think the piece of dog shit who called this in needs to be jailed for life.

"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners"-George Carlin

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 03:23 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

So don't fire unless fired upon?

I honestly have no idea how this should have been handled, but in cases where police are dealing with an armed suspect, I assume the officer's right to defend his own life the same as anyone. Shoot before they shoot you.

You're correct.
While not a policeman, i faced the same situation multiple times in the Army.

Been reading on this here and there, and ppl are just straight up calling for the officer's head, proclaiming police brutality, calling psycho...
...the best way to not have had this happen was to not have instigated it in the first place.

And thats pretty much all i've got to say about this.

Cheers

ROCKET REDS new ongoing monthly!

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 10:13 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by BackFire
and the guy who called it in should be sentenced to life in prison.

Disagree. Punishment needs to be based on actions, not luck.

The guy who called in did not kill the man. And his actions, while likely justification for jail time on their own would not be granted with life in prison.

There's no justification for punishing someone who did not kill like you would punish a killer.

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Dec 31st, 2017 at 10:50 AM

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 10:46 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Cops are payed to get into those sorts of situations. That's their job. If they can't handle their job, they shouldn't be cops.

Unless you see a weapon, you shouldn't shoot.

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Dec 31st, 2017 at 10:52 AM

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 10:48 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Astral Shaman

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Disagree. Punishment needs to be based on actions, not luck.

The guy who called in did not kill the man. And his actions, while likely justification for jail time on their own would not be granted with life in prison.

There's no justification for punishing someone who did not kill like you would punish a killer.

Bullshit. What did he think would happen by telling the cops this man was HOLDING PEOPLE HOSTAGE?

You have to have your head under a god damn rock to live in this country and not think calling the cops and telling them some dude has shot one person and is holding others hostage might end in tragedy.

And I just disagree with your overall logic. For instance, I am all for punishing someone who lies about being raped with the same punishment you'd give a rapist. And this person had no qualms about getting someone else in legal trouble for something they didn't do. Nah, f*ck that, and I'm not saying give him equal punishment. Killers should be summarily executed the moment guilt is 100% certain. This guy just needs plenty of jail time.

Last edited by Surtur on Dec 31st, 2017 at 03:40 PM

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 03:35 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Elemental

That's pretty phucked, the dude that pranked the cops should be charged with murder, or at the very least manslaughter.

Another thing to take from this is, if you're streaming in front of strangers, take your privacy very seriously, always use a Vpn and never tell anyone where you're at.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 08:59 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Surtur
[B]Bullshit. What did he think would happen by telling the cops this man was HOLDING PEOPLE HOSTAGE?

Something other than his death. The burden is on the prosecution to prove the man dying was his intention.
You have to have your head under a god damn rock to live in this country and not think calling the cops and telling them some dude has shot one person and is holding others hostage might end in tragedy.

That isn't relevant to what I'm arguing.
And I just disagree with your overall logic. For instance, I am all for punishing someone who lies about being raped with the same punishment you'd give a rapist.

Nope. Lying about rape isn't as bad as actually raping someone imo.
quote:

And this person had no qualms about getting someone else in legal trouble for something they didn't do.

Which should get him in legal trouble, not life in prison,
quote:

Nah, f*ck that, and I'm not saying give him equal punishment. Killers should be summarily executed the moment guilt is 100% certain. This guy just needs plenty of jail time.

1. Guilt is never 100% certain

2. "Plenty of jail time", which I'm fine with, is different than life in prison which is the maximum punishment several states handout. The cop also shouldn't be safe from blame. He acted as if someone was a threat without first confirming they were a threat. The cop was the one who killed a man without any evidence of the hoaxer's claim.

There's no justification for the officer not being punished in some way.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 09:05 PM
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Available Data Going In

Hostage Situation

Suspect has killed one hostage

Suspect has doused the property with gasoline

Suspect is unstable and does not want to communicate further

The Police Officer arriving at the scene is jumping feet first into the unknown here.

The Officer asks the Suspect to raise his hands

The Suspect makes a move

I think we can all agree the suspect is not raising his hands up here.

The Suspect has not spoken

Had the suspect spoken the officer will have known: The voice on the line. Wait a minute. Sir. Can you say that again? Sir I think there has been a misunderstanding.

Thats the way it would have gone

But the suspect was non communicative and made a move

The officer has got to be thinking

-Is he reaching for flint, a match, a lighter

Available Data = The property has been covered in gasoline

Just 1 spark. Drop a coin. Drop a set of car keys. Drop a comb. Drop a ball of steel wool on a hard stone / concrete surface and you're looking at a situation where the whole neighbourhood is on fire.

Last edited by shiv on Dec 31st, 2017 at 10:14 PM

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 10:05 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

According to Leftist Mentality it is always better when the Cops Die.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 10:15 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

He didn't have a weapon, you gigantic ****ing retard.

"But maybe he did have one"

I would imagine that "not being blind" is a pre-requisite for being a police officer. An officer should be able to tell if someone is drawing a weapon or not.

You need to take a moment to assess your retarded position here. You are literally asserting that it is justified for police to murder citizens as long as they "feel" threatened. If that's the position you actually hold then I hope that one day you or someone you love gets pulled over by police and shot immediately.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Dec 31st, 2017 at 10:24 PM

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 10:21 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Tzeentch
He didn't have a weapon, you gigantic ****ing retard.

"But maybe he did have one"

I would imagine that "not being blind" is a pre-requisite for being a police officer. An officer should be able to tell if someone is drawing a weapon or not.

You need to take a moment to assess your retarded position here. You are literally asserting that it is justified for police to murder citizens as long as they "feel" threatened. If that's the position you actually hold then I hope that one day you or someone you love gets pulled over by police and shot immediately.

Leftist Mentality. Prefers Dead Cops.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 10:27 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

He didn't reach for a weapon because there wasn't any and no one was going to die dumbo.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 10:38 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

I'm fairly sure that if a death occurs during the commission of a crime, you can be charged with that death; and swatting is illegal.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 10:43 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
He didn't reach for a weapon because there wasn't any and no one was going to die dumbo.

Sounds like You should become a Cop, Kreskin.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 10:52 PM
Surtur
Astral Shaman

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Something other than his death. The burden is on the prosecution to prove the man dying was his intention.

He's the most naive person on the planet?

quote:
Nope. Lying about rape isn't as bad as actually raping someone imo.

Nope, it can destroy and/or f*ck up the victims life just as badly.

quote:
Which should get him in legal trouble, not life in prison,

No, it should get him life in prison.

quote:
1. Guilt is never 100% certain

Incorrect.

quote:
2. "Plenty of jail time", which I'm fine with, is different than life in prison which is the maximum punishment several states handout. The cop also shouldn't be safe from blame. He acted as if someone was a threat without first confirming they were a threat. The cop was the one who killed a man without any evidence of the hoaxer's claim.

There's no justification for the officer not being punished in some way.

Both should be punished severely.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 11:10 PM
cdtm
@#$%

Originally posted by Adam Grimes

This is true.

This is also something no one on the scene knew at the time. Afatk, they were responding to a murder.

Why didn't the police make sure?

Why don't people make sure there's really a fire, before trampling each other running for their lives?

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 11:13 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Astral Shaman

Why didn't the police make sure?

Why don't people make sure there's really a fire, before trampling each other running for their lives?

I will hazard a guess: they knew if they hesitated and it was real and someone died people would also be blaming them, saying "why did they wait so long?!". We both know this.

This doesn't mean the officer wasn't wrong here though. But they are expected to be many things. Psychologists, negotiators, masters of non-lethal takedowns, mind readers, etc.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 11:17 PM