KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Deadly shooting in Wichita linked to "Swatting"

Deadly shooting in Wichita linked to "Swatting"
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam_PoE
Prince of Eternia

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
You're correct.
While not a policeman, i faced the same situation multiple times in the Army.

Been reading on this here and there, and ppl are just straight up calling for the officer's head, proclaiming police brutality, calling psycho...
...the best way to not have had this happen was to not have instigated it in the first place.

And thats pretty much all i've got to say about this.

Cheers

American citizens are not enemy combatants. Police officers are supposed to serve and protect them, not treat them like enemy soldiers.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 11:26 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

No. They don't. That is a Lie.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 11:32 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
@#$%

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
American citizens are not enemy combatants. Police officers are supposed to serve and protect them, not treat them like enemy soldiers.

...that is.. totally not what his point.

If someone thinks a police officer has a duty to inhibit his own sense of self preservation, so that they can make absolutely certain they're being drawn on, then police are held to an unrealistic standard.

There's a reason people are told to show hands. So that there's absolutely no doubt, at all, and no mistakes to be made.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 11:35 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by shiv

The Suspect has not spoken

Had the suspect spoken the officer will have known: The voice on the line. Wait a minute. Sir. Can you say that again? Sir I think there has been a misunderstanding.

Thats the way it would have gone

-Is he reaching for flint, a match, a lighter

Available Data = The property has been covered in gasoline

Just 1 spark. Drop a coin. Drop a set of car keys. Drop a comb. Drop a ball of steel wool on a hard stone / concrete surface and you're looking at a situation where the whole neighbourhood is on fire.

The misunderstanding is you thinking the SWAT officer took the initial phone call from the prankster & then assuming whoever opened the door MUST be the killer...

Do you realise calls to 911 actually go to a call centre & then they dispatch officers out?

And distinguishing a recorded voice to someone's real voice, especially someone you don't know or have never met is not the most accurate way to identify someone?

LOL what world do you live in when coins, keys, combs & steel wool is considered the arsonists' choice of starting a fire?

The amount of times I've dropped coins & keys on my concrete floor, my neighbourhood doesn't realise how lucky it is to be still standing!

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 11:38 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

What do you think all that communications equipment in police vehicles is for

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 01:35 AM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Do you really think people sound exactly the same in person as they do over a police radio? or that 911 plays the call for the responding officers?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 01:37 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

In my time on this rock I've had to make 5 calls (to call in an Emergency)

1 report: some one knocked out next to an ATM at 1am

waited till the paramedics got there and I spoke to them

1 report: gave the police a heads up, this one was not a call to an emergency number

1 report: the line to the emergency desk was terminated = Detectives who arrived at the scene? Yes. They heard it.

I report: B&E not an emergency Dispatch sent details of the report for an officer to stop by sometime and write a report

1 report: Dispatch asked me to keep the line open so everyone on their end and everyone on the way - could hear the situation as it developed.

Btw next time you're wearing wool slacks, pajamas, pants or chinos reach for a comb, put it in your pocket, walk around for a few minutes, take a seat, check out your social media, forget you have it there - then take it out

You'll observe the same phenomenon as when you pull of a sweater (Disclaimer: not all sweaters do this - But most people who wear clothes will have some experience of this)

Last edited by shiv on Jan 1st, 2018 at 02:53 AM

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 02:40 AM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

But you never considered the prankster couldíve used a fake accent to disguise his true voice.

And itís been scientifically proven that you canít start a fire using static electricity.
And coins & steel wool donít spark when dropped on a concrete floor.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 02:48 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

people have been starting fires for centuries with steel and stone

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 02:56 AM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Yes, by flint & stone.

But youíre original assumption was that the alleged arsonist was possibly armed with a pocketful of coins, keys, a comb or steel wool & those items justified a threat to the SWAT officers & anyone else in the house.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 03:31 AM
Khazra Reborn
Grand Regent

Originally posted by Tzeentch
He didn't have a weapon, you gigantic ****ing retard.

"But maybe he did have one"

I would imagine that "not being blind" is a pre-requisite for being a police officer. An officer should be able to tell if someone is drawing a weapon or not.

You need to take a moment to assess your retarded position here. You are literally asserting that it is justified for police to murder citizens as long as they "feel" threatened. If that's the position you actually hold then I hope that one day you or someone you love gets pulled over by police and shot immediately.

People like you make me sick. Go jump into an unknown, life threatening situation where your safety, and the safety of many others is at stake, and see how calm and collected you are.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 04:11 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Available Data Going In

Hostage Situation

Suspect has killed one hostage

Suspect has doused the property with gasoline

Suspect is unstable and does not want to communicate further

The Police Officer arriving at the scene is jumping feet first into the unknown here.

The Officer asks the Suspect to raise his hands

The Suspect makes a move

I think we can all agree the suspect is not raising his hands up here.

The Suspect has not spoken

Had the suspect spoken the officer will have known: The voice on the line. Wait a minute. Sir. Can you say that again? Sir I think there has been a misunderstanding.

Thats the way it would have gone

But the suspect was non communicative and made a move

The officer has got to be thinking

-Is he reaching for flint, a match, a lighter

Available Data = The property has been covered in gasoline

Just 1 spark. Drop a coin. Drop a set of car keys. Drop a comb. Drop a ball of steel wool on a hard stone / concrete surface and you're looking at a situation where the whole neighbourhood is on fire.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 04:52 AM
Silent Master

Just 1 spark. Drop a coin.

Nope.

quote:
Drop a set of car keys.

Nope

quote:
Drop a comb.

Nope

quote:
Drop a ball of steel wool on a hard stone / concrete surface and you're looking at a situation where the whole neighbourhood is on fire.

Nope.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 04:55 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Drop a Detonator?

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 05:31 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by cdtm
This is true.

This is also something no one on the scene knew at the time. Afatk, they were responding to a murder.

Why didn't the police make sure?

Why don't people make sure there's really a fire, before trampling each other running for their lives?

The people running from a fire have not agreed to risk their lives for the protection of others.

Running from the fire will not kill anyone.

This is a false equivalency.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 07:10 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
People like you make me sick. Go jump into an unknown, life threatening situation where your safety, and the safety of many others is at stake, and see how calm and collected you are.

A police officer's job is to be calm and collected while risking his life. It is not Tzeentch's job.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 07:12 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE
Prince of Eternia

Originally posted by cdtm
...that is.. totally not what his point.

If someone thinks a police officer has a duty to inhibit his own sense of self preservation, so that they can make absolutely certain they're being drawn on, then police are held to an unrealistic standard.

There's a reason people are told to show hands. So that there's absolutely no doubt, at all, and no mistakes to be made.

Yet, it does not negate my point. There is a world of difference between how a police officer is supposed to respond to a civilian whose duty it is for him to protect, and how a soldier is supposed to respond to an enemy combatant whose duty it is for him to kill. Police officers absolutely have a responsibility to the public to respond with lethal force as a last resort, not as a first option. Note the emphasis on respond, meaning that they should return lethal force with lethal force, not use it preemptively. If they cannot do that, they are not cut out for police work.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 07:13 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
@#$%

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Yet, it does not negate my point. There is a world of difference between how a police officer is supposed to respond to a civilian whose duty it is for him to protect, and how a soldier is supposed to respond to an enemy combatant whose duty it is for him to kill. Police officers absolutely have a responsibility to the public to respond with lethal force as a last resort, not as a first option. Note the emphasis on respond, meaning that they should return lethal force with lethal force, not use it preemptively. If they cannot do that, they are not cut out for police work.

So you feel they shouldn't fire, unless fired upon.

Friend, if Greedo wasn't such a bad shot, Han never would have had the chance to fire second. wink

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 07:12 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Leftists Love Dead Cops.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 07:27 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
A police officer's job is to be calm and collected while risking his life. It is not Tzeentch's job.

You do know a police officer is a human with human instincts of self preservation right?

I like how some of you claims such shit. Go and receive a policeman training, then be put on in a life or death situation, and see how you react.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 09:30 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote