KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Juggernaut Moving Forward vs the next list with a twist

Juggernaut Moving Forward vs the next list with a twist
Started by: Dareangel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
No.

He doesn't.

Not even if using the shield as a brace against Juggernaut doesn't work.

NOT, that is, if the participants understand even the basics of this situation.

The original poster (OP) of this thread gave another option, whether he himself was aware of it or not, by giving us this specific scenario. The wall that Cap is being pressed against is under control of Green Lantern rings.
Rings that are under the control of a person's willpower.

Cap has enough of that to do what is thought impossible, as here, for instance, where he manages to break out of a cosmic cube, presumably now in these Marvel retconned days, the same type that Secret Wars Beyonder was:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

And, as this longtime reader knows, Green Lantern ring power can be wrested from that of its standard bearer and used by another individual, as "Dark" Kara demonstrated against John Stewart when she first fought against the Justice League:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Source: Supergirl #4, Volume 3
Writer: Jeph Loeb
Penciller: Ian Churchill
Circa: 2004-2006

That's from a first time user, who'd never even worn a ring before, taking it from an experienced Green Lantern and knocking him out, with no instruction as to how the rings actually work.

The willful Cap we're shown in the comics can and will override any group of 20 no-names who do not have their lives imperiled and control those rings enough to either re-direct Juggs or make that wall give way. I can see Black Panther managing this, too, for presumably writers thought he demonstrated enough will throughout his history in canon comics to make him resisting deathless hunger plausible. (That happens in a series I will not mention by name in this particular post.)

There is zero doubt in my mind that Captain America with standard knowledge survives this, though.

Lol.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 06:17 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Lol.

I know... Drugs.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 06:42 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 08:22 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 08:52 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
He's right, depending on how concave or convex the shield is, there could be enough room but not sure

It's worth noting that, for a time, Captain America had an ENERGY shield with apparently adjustable size.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Source: Captain America #10 (1998 series)

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 09:45 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I'm trying to picture how the shield would work out for Cap? Does he get into a fetal position against the wall while Cain walks into him? How does that work out for Cap exactly? How does it negate that the wall that is still behind him, and how does it stop him from being squashed?

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 11:38 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by Stoic
I'm trying to picture how the shield would work out for Cap? Does he get into a fetal position against the wall while Cain walks into him? How does that work out for Cap exactly? How does it negate that the wall that is still behind him, and how does it stop him from being squashed?

That's actually relatively easy to envision, and even the original poster (OP) of this thread proposes how that would work with what we regard as the conventional Captain America shield:

Originally posted by Dareangel
well cap can put his shield in a horizontal way above his head, that way juggernaut will bump into the edge of the shield and it will be pressed against the wall from one side and by juggernaut from the other side above cap.

In other words, hold the shield in such a way that it maintains space between Jug and the wall roughly equal to its 3 to 4 foot diameter.

That would look SOMETHING like this with the exception, of course, that Cap would not ever deliberately have his hands between jug and shield, or, as is shown in some panels of this scan, between shield and rear wall:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 11:04 AM
bluewaterrider

Here, an isolated portion of the above scan will better illustrate the CapShield used as bracing strut:

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 11:13 AM
bluewaterrider

cap can put his shield in a horizontal way above his head, that way juggernaut will bump into the edge of the shield and it will be pressed against the wall from one side and by juggernaut from the other side above cap.

I'm astonished at how hard it currently is to find visual examples of random topics given how advanced the Internet has become. Captain America is too generic, of course, but with a number of singular isolating terms ...?

Nevertheless I found a panel to well illustrate the OP's quote above, albeit from a "straight on" perspective, not a side view, as I'd originally hoped.

Of course, being me, I left Easter Eggs for the general reader or Cap fan to enjoy in addition to that otherwise lone page/panel:

Don't remember the exact issue of this rocket launch / rocket abort showing.
It's from the Captain America series that began around 1998 and ran about 3 or 4 years or so. Somewhere between issue 9 and 22, I think, because that seems to have been the main arc of the energy shield.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 03:59 PM
bluewaterrider

I'm discovering just how hax and insane both versions of Captain America's shields are. Here, besides the visually obvious, we're told in text (we'll be shown evidence the theory is true in the issue that follows this one) that one of the shields is capable of triggering a reaction more powerful than an atom bomb, all due to the misalignment of a single molecule of vibranium:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Source: Captain America #22
Circa: 1998-2002

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 05:10 PM
bluewaterrider

Re: Juggernaut Moving Forward vs the next list with a twist

so basically thats whats up. each of the characters is standing and cant move. behind the character there is an adamantium wall 1 meter thick and 20 meters into the ground,powered up by all green lanterns to make sure the wall wont break, dent fall or move. now, the juggernaut is standing right infront of the character and starts moving forward into the character. what will happen to the character or to juggernaut?

2. Captain america

While a few of the numbered choices are interesting, none is more intriguing than Captain America. Perhaps THE most intriguing is the case of Captain America with his energy shield. During one of the arcs where he had THIS type of shield, he faced a scenario nearly exactly like the one proposed. The story started off with an immigrant family and Sharon Carter stopping by Steve's apartment:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

... but then quickly put Steve in front of the Hulk-spar known as The Rhino, a villain with nearly exactly the same M.O. as Juggernaut, charge headfirst into whatever target you desire, confident it will fall away, get crushed, or be run over. The situation even has Steve with his back to a wall of girders:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Very, VERY interesting result ...

Source: Captain America #9
Circa: 1998-2002

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 06:04 PM
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
depending on how concave or convex the shield is, there could be enough room but not sure

Cap's energy shield, being adjustable in size and convexity, can indeed form a bowl that should protect Cap from even Juggernaut's crushing force for a short time:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 07:28 PM
bluewaterrider

quote:

Celestial tech has bypassed the juggernaut enhancement no? I believe Galactus as defeated celestials no? Therefore it’s stands to reason Galactus could overpower the enhancement of juggernaut. Just a thought. Although technically the new juggernaut has been given more power than ever. Enough to kill Cytorak so maybe this doesn’t apply.

Might be worth it to explore how strong current TubeJug is.

According to the guards he's with at the beginning of the most recent story I know of featuring him, though, TubeJug actually got taken down by Iceman:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Source: Uncanny Avengers #29

3rd scan has the mention.
I don't yet know the specifics of what Iceman did, but this is the sort of thing that sounds like the sort of thing Icefans would RACE to put into a Bobby respect thread, so Googling should net me an answer before an hour's up.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 08:59 AM
bluewaterrider

Alright so I tracked down some material not only from what was mentioned before, but also from X-Men Blue #1. That has Juggernaut facing down a young time displaced alternate version of the X-Men. From what I can gather online, Juggs is upset over the death of Charles Xavier at the hands of one Scott Summers, and the dialogue of the encounter supports that:

This version of the young X-Men has some rather unsettling differences from the one older fans know. The encounter ends, for instance, when Hank

... summons demons to shunt Juggernaut through hell to Siberia:

I suppose that's some sort of entendre, what with Siberia having the long-standing rep of being "hell frozen over".

At any rate, Juggs goes to Siberia and young alt X-Men go to Madripoor, which, according to Marvel Wiki, is "a small island nation south of Singapore in the Indonesian archipelago".

When Juggs returns to America, and gives us his best Donald Trump jab:

... he finds himself facing modern solo Iceman.
The writer gives Juggernaut the personality of a schizophrenic, so he gets uncharacteristically lethal in his action toward Bobby, who pulls out some deus ex machina powers to win the day:

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 11:42 AM
Dareangel

Damn. juggernaut is weak now. also, he became a big p*ssy. all scared by those demons screaming. and then doesnt want to fight iceman. then cant believe he crushed iceman. whats up with marvel pissing on so many bad guys. in the past, the writers could make a bad guy lose and still be a bad ass. today i am looking at what they did to jugegrnaut and sabretooth for example... not good.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 07:53 PM
Dareangel is currently offline Click here to Send Dareangel a Private Message Find more posts by Dareangel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

It makes sense that Jug would have respect and even fear of the supernatural.
He is empowered BY a demon, after all; he knows these beings aren't fiction.

I can certainly see where you got the impression he's being punked, however.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 11:07 AM
Dareangel

yep. juggernaut never was a genius. however, he used to be a bad ass. now days it seems like writers cant handle the character. he is either depowered all the time or he is just treated like a complete retarded p*ssy. i guess they cant handle the character and forget what juggernaut is suppose to be

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 03:26 PM
Dareangel is currently offline Click here to Send Dareangel a Private Message Find more posts by Dareangel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

With the possible exception of Kuurth, I don't think I've ever seen a more optimum rendering of Juggernaut than my introductory read of Amazing Spider-Man #s 229-230. That story is a masterpiece in terms of action framing. Absolutely nothing I can remember makes Jug take so much as a backward step.

Time permitting, I'll provide scans of that fight for your remembrance and enjoyment.

In the meantime, since you yourself proposed a way in which Captain America could use his shield to brace against Jug, let's make a reasonable case that said shield could actually resist force on the Jug-bulldoze level.

Enter Count Nefaria:

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 07:47 PM
bluewaterrider

I was struck by how remarkably similar much of the action concerning Nefaria was to that of DC's Superboy Prime. He performs the same role in essentially the same script. The poses are the same, which is to be expected since the artist is the same (George Perez), but the close-ups and insanity and team wreckage by a lunatic bent on re-shaping the Earth to his image, but destroying it and everything else in the process are also the same.
I even realized today that Prime's "Time-Trapper" guise as an old man is Nefaria's image. DC must have liked what they'd seen here:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 08:06 PM
bluewaterrider

At any rate, the reason for all that is to establish Count Nefaria (CN) is a VERY strong guy, at least on the level of Thor, who sundered pretty even with Juggernaut when they physically grappled with one another back in the day.

Actually, it was reckoned that Wonder Man was stronger than Thor for awhile, and Nefaria has just cause to say he is stronger than THAT:

So how does this powerhouse do on the CapShield test?

'Bout the same as nearly everybody else.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 08:21 PM