KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Do you think all demographics are innately equal?

Do you think all demographics are innately equal?
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Beniboybling
Worst Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
So basically you admit you came in here looking for a fight and now you're whining that people aren't falling for your "cunning" trap.
seems it, yeah.

Originally posted by The Ellimist
> thinks anyone who thinks there are differences is a bigot and a race realist, dadudemon included

> thinks there are differences...but that you can think that without being a bigot.

> doesn't notice contradiction at all

I can't believe I used to have you on Ant's tier as a debater, KEK.
haturs gonna hate. sad

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 01:43 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist

Originally posted by Beniboybling
seems it, yeah.

haturs gonna hate. sad

So you concede the double standard then? You, Beni, can believe differences exist without being a bigot, but nobody else can, not even someone who's been more vocally against racist practices (e.g. Trump's policies) on this board and is an actual minority than you. thumb up

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 01:46 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Supreme Poster

So basically you admit you came in here looking for a fight and now you're whining that people aren't falling for your "cunning" trap.
Ellimist isn't that smart when you break it down and he's a coward. He's upset people aren't upset by his baiting. Don't worry he will accept all kinds of debates and then flee for months again. He isn't to be taken seriously tbh.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 01:48 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Just so you know quanchi is pretty far to the right and hates liberals like Neph, he's mad that I won't accept his Sidious vs. Snoke debate given that he's acknowledged to be the worst or second worst debater on KMC.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 01:49 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

So you concede the double standard then? You, Beni, can believe differences exist without being a bigot, but nobody else can, not even someone who's been more vocally against racist practices (e.g. Trump's policies) on this board and is an actual minority than you. thumb up
i concede nothing, coward.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 01:50 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

No.

You realize that your position would get you destroyed if you were a politician just because you claimed differences exist, right?

And you also ignored my point about false positives.

You did, bro.

I don't think so, no. Dmb brought up Affirmative Action, a policy that exists as an admittance that differences do exist and argues that its due to historical, economic, social and cultural factors that should be rectified.

Like I said, I'm under no obligation to act in good faith when you started the argument in bad faith to begin with.

Originally posted by quanchi112
Ellimist isn't that smart when you break it down and he's a coward. He's upset people aren't upset by his baiting. Don't worry he will accept all kinds of debates and then flee for months again. He isn't to be taken seriously tbh.

Damn, owned.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 01:52 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist

i concede nothing, coward.

"I concede nothing" isn't a substantive response. You refuse to say anything meaningful and call me a coward? laughing

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 01:52 PM
quanchi112
Supreme Poster

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Just so you know quanchi is pretty far to the right and hates liberals like Neph, he's mad that I won't accept his Sidious vs. Snoke debate given that he's acknowledged to be the worst or second worst debater on KMC.
Actually that's incorrect I'm an independent but you're too arrogant to actually pay attention and typically make up your mind in Trumpian fashion. You spend five minutes reading a few posts and foolishly believe you're all knowing with a subject. I also don't want that debate now that Azronger refused until the trilogy is over. You'd accept and then puss out. You've done this before. Opinions don't matter only the facts do. You'll never grasp this you high school girl. Only opinions matter to you. You should strive to be better and actually see something through for a change.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 01:53 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist

I don't think so, no.

Sorry, but you're delusional then. In case if you didn't know, the much maligned The Bell Curve said the exact same thing you did and made no endorsement of racist policies and it's still widely despised. People are not as nuanced on this position as you think they are.

quote:

Like I said, I'm under no obligation to act in good faith when you started the argument in bad faith to begin with.

Well it's a self fulfilling prophecy because the only reason anyone thinks this question could possibly be in bad faith is because people like yourself have cast anyone who questions certain premises as bigots even when you admit you hold the exact same beliefs that I allegedly do.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: And I notice that you still have ignored my false positive argument because you know you can't refute it. smile

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 01:57 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

i'm with quanchi on this one. sad

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 01:59 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

No, people think the question is made in bad faith because those who ask it are either race realist bigots masking their racism in intellectualism or douchebags trying to gotcha liberals. Just like you actually are doing right now.

I already explained this man, keep up.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 02:01 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist

i'm with quanchi on this one. sad

All flaming aside, why don't you think it's important to have this information if we're trying to measure discrimination by looking at outcomes? You'd have to know to determine whether unequal outcomes are the result of discrimination or something else.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 02:01 PM
The Ellimist

No, people think the question is made in bad faith because those who ask it are either race realist bigots masking their racism in intellectualism or douchebags trying to gotcha liberals. Just like you actually are doing.

I already explained this man, keep up.

I love how you ignore the false positive argument again.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 02:04 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I didn't even read it, lol.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 02:06 PM
The Ellimist

Yeah, I didn't even read it, lol.

How is it a bad faith argument to point out that unequal outcomes don't prove discrimination when you just admitted that there are other variables at play?

Do you think a fundamental statistical concept (adjusting for confounding variables) is "bad faith debating"? Or do you not have a response and are just appealing to mockery to avoid admitting it?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 02:08 PM
Lestov16

I think that everybody is born with an equal potential for prosperity, but environmental/cultural circumstances and/or personal ambition are responsible for whether that potential gets harvested or wasted.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 02:13 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist

Originally posted by Lestov16
I think that everybody is born with an equal potential for prosperity, but environmental/cultural circumstances and/or personal ambition are responsible for whether that potential gets harvested or wasted.

Do you mean everybody as in each group, or everybody as in each individual? Presumably the former as the latter is clearly wrong (there is genetic variation for cognitive traits).

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 02:15 PM
Surtur

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 02:29 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Sith Lord

Trust Beni to press pause on his history of making fun of Neph to join him in arms and turn this thread into a display of hysterical moral cancer and virtue signalling.

“There are aspects of who we are that can only be revealed to us in the deepest pit of intolerable suffering, in those moments when all else is torn away—when we stand at the very brink of eternity itself and stare death in the face.”
—Darth Sidious

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 02:32 PM
ILS is currently offline Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur

Originally posted by ILS
Trust Beni to press pause on his history of making fun of Neph to join him in arms and turn this thread into a display of hysterical moral cancer and virtue signalling.

The amusing thing is they are going all Admiral Ackbar with "it's a trap!" and they act like it is obvious and yet they still got hysterical anyways.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 02:42 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote