KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Do you think all demographics are innately equal?

Do you think all demographics are innately equal?
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
I win

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
No, people think the question is made in bad faith because those who ask it are either race realist bigots masking their racism in intellectualism or douchebags trying to gotcha liberals. Just like you actually are doing right now.

I already explained this man, keep up.
Ellimist doesn't really listen to your points he's already thinking about how he's going to respond.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 02:56 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by ILS
Trust Beni to press pause on his history of making fun of Neph to join him in arms and turn this thread into a display of hysterical moral cancer and virtue signalling.
let me guess, another race realist. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 03:00 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Personally I've always felt that Beni and I would be pretty friendly if not for our clashing views on SW. I think he's a pretty cool guy and respect him fairly highly.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 03:02 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist

By your own standards you and Neph just admitted to being race realists, kek:

Obviously due to various factors as well as simple statistical variance making it impossible no demographic can be exactly equal.

But I know you have no response to the fact that we need this data to measure discrimination due to simple statistics. Keep falling for the trap though. thumb up

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 03:03 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
I win

Point proven.

laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 03:04 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist

Beni: everyone who thinks there are differences is a race realist!

Beni: Neph is right, differences exist but you don't have to be a bigot to believe that!

It's like you guys are just really well coded AI bots whose argumentative premises are randomized each shitpost.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 03:10 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
I win

Ellimist is triggered by his own thread.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 03:11 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

gays have higher IQs and bigger penises—all of you bow down and recognize the true master race yes

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 03:19 PM
|King Joker| is currently offline Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist

Originally posted by |King Joker|
gays have higher IQs and bigger penises—all of you bow down and recognize the true master race yes

tbh there is evidence that people who identify as gay are more intelligent on average, though this may be selection bias in who is in a social context that they can come out.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 03:20 PM
Lestov16

Originally posted by The Ellimist
Do you mean everybody as in each group, or everybody as in each individual? Presumably the former as the latter is clearly wrong (there is genetic variation for cognitive traits).

Put it like this, even if genetic variations cause variable cognitive traits, there are no "superior" genetic variations. Every genetic variation would come with both cognitive advantages AND flaws that would make said individual/race both superior and inferior to the other individuals/races, as such putting them all on an "equal" scale. Another problem is that there are many ways to test intelligence, and one ethnicity's genotype is not going to dominate all tests. Also, humans have been migrating to different countries and copulating with different ethnicities since our species inception, so it would be difficult to find an individual who has ONLY the genotype of their base ethnicity.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 03:23 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by quanchi112
Ellimist is triggered by his own thread.
thumb up eek!

Originally posted by |King Joker|
Finally, an intelligent comment.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 03:23 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist

Originally posted by Lestov16
Put it like this, even if genetic variations cause variable cognitive traits, there are no "superior" genetic variations. Every genetic variation would come with both cognitive advantages AND flaws that would make said individual/race both superior and inferior to the other individuals/races, as such putting them all on an "equal" scale. Another problem is that there are many ways to test intelligence, and one ethnicity's genotype is not going to dominate all tests. Also, humans have been migrating to different countries and copulating with different ethnicities since our species inception, so it would be difficult to find an individual who has ONLY the genotype of their base ethnicity.

Well I think it's a little sophistic to claim that there are no "superior" variations - unless if we're saying this in a really fundamental way (e.g. no objective morality to dictate it) there are certainly variations that are, on average, much better for modern society. I think we intuitively accept this when we judge people on a daily basis anyway.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 03:26 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Personally I've always felt that Beni and I would be pretty friendly if not for our clashing views on SW. I think he's a pretty cool guy and respect him fairly highly.
love

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 03:28 PM
Lestov16

Well I think it's a little sophistic to claim that there are no "superior" variations - unless if we're saying this in a really fundamental way (e.g. no objective morality to dictate it) there are certainly variations that are, on average, much better for modern society. I think we intuitively accept this when we judge people on a daily basis anyway.

Could you give some examples of these "superior variations" ? I mean, there certainly are cultural attitudes that would work better in a modern society, but that has nothing to do with genetics IMO.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 03:30 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist

Originally posted by Lestov16
Could you give some examples of these "superior variations" ? I mean, there certainly are cultural attitudes that would work better in a modern society, but that has nothing to do with genetics IMO.

Genetic components to intelligence, work ethic, emotional stability, creativity, etc. Of course some of these in extreme or bad configurations can have their problems, but if you could choose whether your child was born predisposed to be moderately hard working or lazy af, you'd pick the former.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 03:37 PM
Surtur

tbh there is evidence that people who identify as gay are more intelligent on average, though this may be selection bias in who is in a social context that they can come out.

What do you think about the reasons put forth in this article:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/...ork_harder.html

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 03:37 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist

Originally posted by Surtur
What do you think about the reasons put forth in this article:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/...ork_harder.html

Link broken

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 03:38 PM
Surtur

Hmm, try this:

Are Gay People Smarter Than Straight People?

that does not work either. I don't know why lol.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 03:41 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
I win

Two trolls attempting to Voltron.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 03:41 PM
The Ellimist

Originally posted by Surtur
Hmm, try this:

Are Gay People Smarter Than Straight People?

that does not work either. I don't know why lol.

But it isn't implausible to me that the genetic variations that contribute to being gay also affect cognitive/personality traits. (Is that homophobic? smile )

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 03:43 PM