KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » The Butcher (Wanted) vs Ozymandias (Watchmen)

The Butcher (Wanted) vs Ozymandias (Watchmen)
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
Do you accept my challenge?

Notice how he is also still dismissing that the Butcher performed multiple blocks in a row, which would require multiple arm movements and adjustments. Not just moving a blade in front of a bullet once.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 08:18 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Notice how he is also still dismissing that the Butcher performed multiple blocks in a row, which would require multiple arm movements and adjustments. Not just moving a blade in front of a bullet once.

Not to mention a thrown pellet would be moving hundreds of times slower than a bullet. Which would make my challenge the perfect way to test if his theory is accurate.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 08:23 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller

If the bullets are moving in slow motion then it would take a very long time between each successive bullet. You would block one and then wait for 1 minute and then block another. You are confusing our perception of the bullets as Butcher's and Ozy's.

Imagine that a meat cleaver already up and in front of you ready to block. A bullet comes at you slowly. All you must do is line the blade up with the path.

Now imagine from a much closer distance you are with your hands at your sides. You see a bullet come out at you slowly. You have to attempt to catch it.

The latter is harder because of the closer distance, hands are down and not up, and catching requires multiple tasks with the arm, hand and fingers.

Originally posted by Dreampanther
(please log in to view the image)
Common sense sometimes sound like something idiotic to an idiot.

Not to mention a thrown pellet would be moving hundreds of times slower than a bullet. Which would make my challenge the perfect way to test if his theory is accurate.
A thrown bullet would be moving 10-15 times slower than a fired bullet. To the eyes of these characters, a bullet is moving slower than a thrown bullet.

-General Zod: Superman II

Last edited by h1a8 on Jan 6th, 2018 at 04:02 PM

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 03:56 PM
h1a8 is online now! Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Now that I re-watch the scene. It looks like Butcher hits the bullet, not cut it. It's unclear.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 04:08 PM
h1a8 is online now! Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by h1a8
A thrown bullet would be moving 10-15 times slower than a fired bullet. To the eyes of these characters, a bullet is moving
slower than a thrown bullet.

Wrong. It is entirely possible to throw a pellet at only a few mph, thus it would be moving at less than 1/100th the speed of a bullet. in essence slow-mo.

So accept my challenge.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 10:16 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Wrong. It is entirely possible to throw a pellet at only a few mph, thus it would be moving at less than 1/100th the speed of a bullet. in essence slow-mo.

So accept my challenge.

So with a cleaver in front of you it is easy to hit a slow motion bullet than to catch it with your hands started at your sides.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2018 05:51 AM
Silent Master

The butcher's feat was far more impressive, if you disagree I would be more than happy to Battlezone you over it.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2018 05:56 AM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Then I'm afraid you lack common sense.

You are ignoring that I stated the bullet is moving in slow motion.

If the bullets are moving in slow motion then it would take a very long time between each successive bullet. You would block one and then wait for 1 minute and then block another. You are confusing our perception of the bullets as Butcher's and Ozy's.

Imagine that a meat cleaver already up and in front of you ready to block. A bullet comes at you slowly. All you must do is line the blade up with the path.

Now imagine from a much closer distance you are with your hands at your sides. You see a bullet come out at you slowly. You have to attempt to catch it.

The latter is harder because of the closer distance, hands are down and not up, and catching requires multiple tasks with the arm, hand and fingers.

Common sense sometimes sound like something idiotic to an idiot.

A thrown bullet would be moving 10-15 times slower than a fired bullet. To the eyes of these characters, a bullet is moving slower than a thrown bullet.

Common sense? COMMON SENSE? eek! laughing out loud laughing

Dear Baka,

the bullets are not moving in slow motion, as you repeatedly stated. If the bullets moved in slow motion I could catch them. My dog could catch them. My mother could catch them, and she has arthritis.

The bullets only appear to be moving in slow motion to the butcher, because adrenaline to his brain slows his perception of his surroundings and grants him superhuman strength and speed.

Do you understand the difference? Do you have any common sense? Do you even know what common sense means?

Second, no, it is not more difficult to catch a small object than it is to repeatedly slice said object in half with a butcher's blade. Your hand is gigantic compared to the edge of a blade and you only have to do it once, while if you hold the blade you have to do it repeatedly with only a tiny surface that can touch the bullet.

Go, on try it yourself. Ask a friend, if you have any, to throw a small pebble at you. If you don't have any friends just ask everybody you know, I'm sure you will find somebody who can't wait to throw rocks at you.

Then, after you've caught one pebble, ask them to throw multiple pebbles at you, one after another, without stopping, while you try to slice them out of the air with a knife.

Third, I'm going to leave you with this message: Just substitute a-hole with idiot.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2018 09:31 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

The butcher's feat was far more impressive, if you disagree I would be more than happy to Battlezone you over it.

lol You'd probably be more likely to have Quan agree to propose to Robtard than H1 agreeing to this.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2018 05:00 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Dreampanther
Common sense? COMMON SENSE? eek! laughing out loud laughing

Dear Baka,

the bullets are not moving in slow motion, as you repeatedly stated. If the bullets moved in slow motion I could catch them. My dog could catch them. My mother could catch them, and she has arthritis.

The bullets only appear to be moving in slow motion to the butcher, because adrenaline to his brain slows his perception of his surroundings and grants him superhuman strength and speed.

Do you understand the difference? Do you have any common sense? Do you even know what common sense means?

Second, no, it is not more difficult to catch a small object than it is to repeatedly slice said object in half with a butcher's blade. Your hand is gigantic compared to the edge of a blade and you only have to do it once, while if you hold the blade you have to do it repeatedly with only a tiny surface that can touch the bullet.

Go, on try it yourself. Ask a friend, if you have any, to throw a small pebble at you. If you don't have any friends just ask everybody you know, I'm sure you will find somebody who can't wait to throw rocks at you.

Then, after you've caught one pebble, ask them to throw multiple pebbles at you, one after another, without stopping, while you try to slice them out of the air with a knife.

Third, I'm going to leave you with this message: Just substitute a-hole with idiot.

There are three factors here for the Butcher.
The bullet moving slower than a thrown projectille,
the cleavers being already in front of you ready to block,
and him knocking the bullet out of the air (butcher didn’t slice it).

The factors for Ozy are
Closer distance than Butcher
Bullet moving slower than a thrown projectile
Hands at his side after the firing of the bullet
And
The multiple actions of the arm, hands , and fingers to catch.

The latter is harder to do.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 03:16 AM
Silent Master

Size of a hand >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> edge of a blade. Catching something with your hand is far easier than hitting it with the edge of a blade. Even if you have to move your hand several times further.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 03:23 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Size of a hand >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> edge of a blade. Catching something with your hand is far easier than hitting it with the edge of a blade. Even if you have to move your hand several times further.

Notice how he just glossed over the BZ challenge, as expected.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 03:39 AM
h1a8

If the cleaver is right in front of your face In the path of the slow motion bullet and the distance is larger then it is easier. I agree that it is harder than catching if you had the cleaver down at your side at the time of the firing and the distance was equal or lesse . But the cleaver being already there on the path (only a minor adjustment needed) at a longer distance can’t be harder. Plus it is not proven that Butcher hit the bullet with the blade (it could had been with the side). I could be wrong though.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 03:44 AM
Silent Master

The thinness of the blade more than makes up the distance it needed to be moved.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 03:56 AM
h1a8

The thinness of the blade more than makes up the distance it needed to be moved.
So you saying that if a slow motion bullet traveled toward you with your cleaver right in the path that it would be harder to line the blade up with bullet? Remember the blade being thin isn't the same as the object being thin.

Basically, you can argue that Butchers feat was more skillful (debatable) but you can't argue that Ozy had to be a lot faster to perform his feat.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 09:28 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Butcher was far closer to Wesley than Ozy was to Spectre. He ran up to his face while firing multiple shots. Whereas Spectre took a while to aim, did a quip, then fired from like 15-20 feet away.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 09:36 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by KingD19
Butcher was far closer to Wesley than Ozy was to Spectre. He ran up to his face while firing multiple shots. Whereas Spectre took a while to aim, did a quip, then fired from like 15-20 feet away.
Wrong. Ozy was much closer. About 7-12ft away. Butcher was about 15-20 ft away.

The cleaver was already in front ready. Ozy hands were at his side.
Ozy hand to moved a larger distance than Butchers hand. And Ozy had less time to react.

Last edited by h1a8 on Jan 8th, 2018 at 11:59 PM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 11:56 PM
Silent Master

Again, it's obvious that the Butcher's feat is far more impressive than Ozy's. if you disagree we can BZ it.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 12:32 AM
h1a8

Again, it's obvious that the Butcher's feat is far more impressive than Ozy's. if you disagree we can BZ it.

It's debatable. What's not debatable is that Ozy had to be faster to perform his feat.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 02:46 AM
Silent Master

It's not debatable, the Butcher blocked multiple shots from a higher caliber weapon(IOW, much faster velocity) in bad lighting. while moving.

Butcher's feat >>> Ozy's.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 03:00 AM