KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » The Butcher (Wanted) vs Ozymandias (Watchmen)

The Butcher (Wanted) vs Ozymandias (Watchmen)
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
h1a8

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
It's not debatable, the Butcher blocked multiple shots from a higher caliber weapon(IOW, much faster velocity) in bad lighting. while moving.

Butcher's feat >>> Ozy's.

That weapon shoots nearly the same velocity as the model 10 s&w. Maybe a little more.(~1200 vs ~1000fps) There isn't a big difference.

Multiple shots use the same hand speed as 1 shot. The mechanics of the gun don't allow for two bullets to enter the air simultaneously. As a matter of fact it would seem as the second bullet is fired many seconds after the first, if viewed in slow motion.

The fact that the cleaver was already in front means that Butcher only needed to move his hands less distance than Ozy did.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 11:45 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by h1a8
That weapon shoots nearly the same velocity as the model 10 s&w. Maybe a little more.(~1200 vs ~1000fps) There isn't a big difference.

Multiple shots use the same hand speed as 1 shot. The mechanics of the gun don't allow for two bullets to enter the air simultaneously. As a matter of fact it would seem as the second bullet is fired many seconds after the first, if viewed in slow motion.

The fact that the cleaver was already in front means that Butcher only needed to move his hands less distance than Ozy did.

Wrong.

Blocking multiple shots with a edge of a knife >>> Catching one

Butcher's feat > Ozy's, for the reasons already listed.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 12:12 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Wrong.

Blocking multiple shots with a edge of a knife >>> Catching one

Butcher's feat > Ozy's, for the reasons already listed.

You still arguing skill. Trolling. My argument is about who had to move the fastest and reacted the quickest.

Multiple shots = 1 shot in terms of degree of difficulty when the shots are moving in slow motion and your blade is still in front of you waiting for the next shot (which occurs many seconds later).

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 04:19 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

We have already explained why your argument is wrong.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 09:47 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

We have already explained why your argument is wrong.

So Butcher moving a matter of inches from a further distance means that he moved faster than someone that moved several feet from a closer distance? Good to know.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 11:25 AM
Silent Master

So Butcher moving a matter of inches from a further distance means that he moved faster than someone that moved several feet from a closer distance? Good to know.

We have alreaady explained why you're wrong and I've personally issued a challenge that would prove who is right.

If you truly believed yourself right, you'd accept the challenge.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 11:39 AM
h1a8

We have alreaady explained why you're wrong and I've personally issued a challenge that would prove who is right.

So I am wrong. Moving a shorter distance from a larger distance from a bullet is to move faster than someone who moved several feet from a closer distance from the bullet.

Great logic.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 06:41 PM
Silent Master

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 09:54 PM
h1a8

So I am wrong. Moving a shorter distance from a larger distance from a bullet is to move faster than someone who moved several feet from a closer distance from the bullet.

Great logic.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 10:02 PM
Silent Master

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 10:13 PM
h1a8

BZ who had to move faster in their own feat? Or which feat is more impressive?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 10:14 PM
Silent Master

You claimed it was easier to block bullets with the edge of a knife, I offered you a way to prove it. do you accept?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 10:23 PM
h1a8

You claimed it was easier to block bullets with the edge of a knife, I offered you a way to prove it. do you accept?

So which feat is more impressive basically.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 10:28 PM
Silent Master

So which feat is more impressive basically.

I'm taking your claims one at a time. keeps you from going off on tangents.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 10:29 PM
h1a8

I'm taking your claims one at a time. keeps you from going off on tangents.
what's impressive or more impressive is subjective to some people but who is faster is objective

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 11:07 PM
Silent Master

what's impressive or more impressive is subjective to some people but who is faster is objective

Wrong, when feats can be compared using facts, which is more impressive stops being subjective.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 11:10 PM
h1a8

Wrong, when feats can be compared using facts, which is more impressive stops being subjective.
Wrong! Some people it is more difficult to learn a particular skill then another skill and other people vice versa.

With that said, Ozy had to be faster to perform his feat. That's all that I care.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 11:27 PM
Silent Master

Wrong! Some people it is more difficult to learn a particular skill then another skill and other people vice versa.

With that said, Ozy had to be faster to perform his feat. That's all that I care.

IOW, you know that the Butcher's feat was more impressive and this is just your way of backing out of the challenge.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 11:32 PM
steverules_2

Catch a pellet anyway, I wanna see that!

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 12:17 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

IOW, you know that the Butcher's feat was more impressive and this is just your way of backing out of the challenge.

I don't really care about the challenge (win or lose) as it doesn't have anything to do who is faster here (which can determine the winner).

An bullet object moving at slow motion towards you with your hands right there in the path then it is EXTREMELY EASY to swat the bullet out of the way.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 03:30 AM