KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » The Butcher (Wanted) vs Ozymandias (Watchmen)

The Butcher (Wanted) vs Ozymandias (Watchmen)
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by h1a8
It's a triple negative. So it's means Ozy is faster.

IOW, you can't count. That explains a lot.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 02:34 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Silent Master

He thinks "never disagreed" counts as two. Except another way to phrase it is "always agreed". Yet the second part remains Ozy "wasn't faster". In other words, "other posters always agreed that Ozy wasn't faster".

And he claims to be a teacher. How on earth does this guy accurately grade papers and tests?

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 02:57 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

It’s a triple negative as Vault showed. This effectively makes the meaning, Ozy wasn’t faster. So I made a mistake in the post, but definitely can count (you can’t).

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 04:11 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
He thinks "never disagreed" counts as two. Except another way to phrase it is "always agreed". Yet the second part remains Ozy "wasn't faster". In other words, "other posters always agreed that Ozy wasn't faster".

And he claims to be a teacher. How on earth does this guy accurately grade papers and tests?

H1 actually thinks you're agreeing with him.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 04:22 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

(please log in to view the image)

I just can't anymore.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 04:24 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

He’s agreeing that it was a triple negative (not a double negative as you said). This equals a single negative (Ozy isn’t faster).

So he agrees to it being a triple negative, nothing more.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 10:25 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

I just can't anymore.

Stop falling for Silent’s tricks. Be smarter than that.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 10:26 PM
Silent Master

Originally posted by h1a8
He’s agreeing that it was a triple negative (not a double negative as you said). This equals a single negative (Ozy isn’t faster).

So he agrees to it being a triple negative, nothing more.

No, he isn't agreeing that it's a triple negative.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 10:33 PM
h1a8

No, he isn't agreeing that it's a triple negative.

Then you are an idiot. A triple negative is a single negative as he shown (Ozy isn’t faster).

So do you say it was a double negative? I hope you do.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2018 02:17 AM
cdtm

I just can't anymore.

I feel you man.

Even happy go lucky types like me can't help but wince at some of this stuff.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2018 02:26 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

He wasn't agreeing with you about it being a triple negative. In fact, he actually said it was a double negative earlier.

You're making yourself look incredibly silly.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2018 02:55 AM
h1a8

He wasn't agreeing with you about it being a triple negative. In fact, he actually said it was a double negative earlier.

You're making yourself look incredibly silly.

He never said it was a double negative (that would lead to a positive). He clearly pointed out that that the whole statement meant that Ozy isn't faster.

Either he's an idiot and came to the conclusion of a double negative leading to a single negative or you are falsely accusing him of something he didn't do. The reason why he doesn't answer is because he knows I'm right but don't want to defend me and go against you (you and him are allies against me).

Old Post Jan 20th, 2018 01:15 AM
Silent Master

Yup, that's a double-negative in his post. So, if we want to be technical about it, in a roundabout way, H1 just admitted that the Butcher is faster. big grin

You were saying?

Old Post Jan 20th, 2018 01:40 AM
h1a8

You were saying?

Ha ha. Thank you for showing his sillyness and yours as well. You even said that it was a double negative.

"never disagreed" is a double negative.
"isn't faster" is a negative.

Triple negative all day.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2018 01:50 AM
Silent Master

You may need to go back to school and pay special attention to English class. That is a double negative.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2018 01:52 AM
h1a8

You may need to go back to school and pay special attention to English class. That is a double negative.

Then you are an idiot.

Disagree means to not agree
Never disagreed means it didn't happen where someone disagreed.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2018 02:04 AM
Silent Master

Lol!!!

Old Post Jan 20th, 2018 02:16 AM
Silent Master

Despite your inability to grasp the English language, it's nice that you're finally agreeing with me and vault as to what your abortion of a sentence actually meant.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2018 02:20 AM