KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Kylo Ren is a better villain than Darth Vader

Kylo Ren is a better villain than Darth Vader
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Professional

Gender: Male
Location: My own little world

Moderator

"I blaze my own trail!!!11!1!"


__________________

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 08:03 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

Gender: Male
Location: Mega-City One

Even if it made him a Vader wannabe, I still prefer Kylo before he took off his mask. When we saw his face/identity that early in the trilogy was when he lost a lot of cool points for me.

Still, I'll take Adam Driver over Hayden Christensen, but that's not saying much.


__________________

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 08:05 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United Kingdom

Apples and oranges comparison, they are both great anatagonists but serve considerably different purposes for the plot.


__________________

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 08:09 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Destiny Still Arrives

Gender: Male
Location: Sanctuary ll

Another click bait article from the retards at Screen Rant. Vader is more iconic, popular and well developed than Kylo is.

Vader currently has the best Star Wars comic on the market further fueling his development and iconic status with Vader's rampage in R1 being the best scene so far in Disney Star Wars.

Many consider Vader the best Star Wars character for a reason. Kylo will never reach that level.

All Kylo has going for him is Adam Driver being a much better actor than Hayden.


__________________

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 08:12 PM
playa1258 is online now! Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

It's official, quan is a hipster.


__________________
posted by Badabing
I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 09:44 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: The Prince of all Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
No, he isn't.


__________________

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 09:46 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
I win

Gender: Male
Location: Ohio

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
.....
laughing
You are so jelly.


__________________

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 09:47 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
I win

Gender: Male
Location: Ohio

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Apples and oranges comparison, they are both great anatagonists but serve considerably different purposes for the plot.
I prefer oranges to apples. Or in Star Wars terms I prefer Kylo Ren to Darth Vader.


__________________

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 09:49 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
I win

Gender: Male
Location: Ohio

quote: (post)
Originally posted by playa1258
Another click bait article from the retards at Screen Rant. Vader is more iconic, popular and well developed than Kylo is.

Vader currently has the best Star Wars comic on the market further fueling his development and iconic status with Vader's rampage in R1 being the best scene so far in Disney Star Wars.

Many consider Vader the best Star Wars character for a reason. Kylo will never reach that level.

All Kylo has going for him is Adam Driver being a much better actor than Hayden.
This isn't about popularity you turd. You are a lemming and it's fine that you like a damaged victim like Vader who was tricked into servitude for decades by Sidious. He was quite sad and quite tragic. He let his mother and Padme slip through his fingers.

laughing out loud


__________________

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 09:50 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Asgard

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Iyo not mine.




Vader being a cultural icon isnít an opinion you dope.

But itís good youíve given up on Snoke and switched to comparing Kylo. Kylo being the true villain of the ST.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 11:29 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Gender: Male
Location: Up and Down and All Around

Kylo's character arc isn't complete so comparing the two seems a bit unfair.

I mean episode IX would have to have Kylo do something really impressive character wise to compete with someone literally considered one of the greatest antagonists in all of film lol.


__________________

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 11:59 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
I win

Gender: Male
Location: Ohio

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Vader being a cultural icon isnít an opinion you dope.

But itís good youíve given up on Snoke and switched to comparing Kylo. Kylo being the true villain of the ST.
In his opinion he has a better screen presence you twit. Vader is more popular hence a popular icon. You really don't grasp much of anything these days.

Snoke is my favorite Star Wars character. This thread has nothing to do with Snoke it has to do with Kylo being superior to Vader. You really Dom thard for any of these villains though which shows you have bad taste. Vader was always the main antagonist of the Ot as well, kid. Vader had a guy above him just as Kylo did. Must I explain everything to you.

smile


__________________

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 12:27 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Gender: Male
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Moderator

I agree with the OP's premise. I think Kyle Ren is the best villain in the entire series. He's far more engaging and nuanced than Vader and has more depth already. Also Adam Driver is an excellent actor and does a great job with the character. I think Ren is probably the greatest achievement to come out of the new SW movies.


__________________

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 12:28 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2
The doctor

Gender: Male
Location: The Tardis

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
This isn't about popularity you turd. You are a lemming.


Is playa a turd or a lemming?? Or a lemming turd perhaps? Let's discuss this and come to a conclusion we can all agree on


__________________


Hulk bustin' makes me feel good!

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 12:29 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
I win

Gender: Male
Location: Ohio

Not Dom hard but rather


** don't care

Edit function isn't working. Kmc you are a cruel mistress.


__________________

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 12:30 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
I win

Gender: Male
Location: Ohio

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules_2
Is playa a turd or a lemming?? Or a lemming turd perhaps? Let's discuss this and come to a conclusion we can all agree on
He is a turd that happens to be a lemming. You see it's possible to be a turd without being a lemming but playa seems to follow the pack everywhere they go.


__________________

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 12:31 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Asgard

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
In his opinion he has a better screen presence you twit. Vader is more popular hence a popular icon. You really don't grasp much of anything these days.

Snoke is my favorite Star Wars character. This thread has nothing to do with Snoke it has to do with Kylo being superior to Vader. You really Dom thard for any of these villains though which shows you have bad taste. Vader was always the main antagonist of the Ot as well, kid. Vader had a guy above him just as Kylo did. Must I explain everything to you.

smile



Vaderís not just popular. Heís a cultural icon. Kylo doesnít touch that status because heís not as good. He doesnít even match any of the Prequel Sith in terms of Presence. Thatís not to say heís not morphing into a decent enough villain. He is. But he Better given heís this Trilogyís Main Villain.

Vader has someone above him? Ah yes because the ST is an exact copy of the OT. So Kylo is the Vader wannabe, and Snoke the Palpatine. Gotcha. Except Fir the part where Kylo murdered Snoke and took over as the top dog:

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 12:43 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
I win

Gender: Male
Location: Ohio

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Vaderís not just popular. Heís a cultural icon. Kylo doesnít touch that status because heís not as good. He doesnít even match any of the Prequel Sith in terms of Presence. Thatís not to say heís not morphing into a decent enough villain. He is. But he Better given heís this Trilogyís Main Villain.

Vader has someone above him? Ah yes because the ST is an exact copy of the OT. So Kylo is the Vader wannabe, and Snoke the Palpatine. Gotcha. Except Fir the part where Kylo murdered Snoke and took over as the top dog:
Vader is more popular and widely known. It goes hand in hand, sport. I don't care about who is more popular I never have. I form my own opinions independent of the masses. I guess being a cultural icon matters to your own personal preferences. Pretty pathetic but you have a right to be accepted by the masses and think how you want.

Kylo is superior as I and others agree than Vader. You're free to disagree but you highly value popularity which is kind of feminine of you tbh. True pioneers make their own way they dint follow the path of others. You love Vader I don't. I do love me some Ren. Better actor, better evolution, more evil, etc. Vader as I said was more of a tragic dope led astray by Sidious.

All apprentices have masters in Star Wars. This isn't exclusive to Snoke, Sidious, Yoda, or Luke Skywalker. Vader killed Sidious. You're too hung up on this. Bad guys betray each other. We know Sidious betrayed Plagueis. You're free to prefer Vader, Sidious and the Ot to the Nt and my Snoke and Ren.


I'm a NT guy you're an Ot guy. You've shit all over the villains from the NT from day one. You still won't stop. Ren is superior to Vader. Just accept it, already.


__________________

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 12:51 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Destiny Still Arrives

Gender: Male
Location: Sanctuary ll

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules_2
Is playa a turd or a lemming?? Or a lemming turd perhaps? Let's discuss this and come to a conclusion we can all agree on
Quan continues to prove he is the hipster turd we all don't want. He will continue to amuse me.


__________________

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 01:04 AM
playa1258 is online now! Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
I win

Gender: Male
Location: Ohio

quote: (post)
Originally posted by playa1258
Quan continues to prove he is the hipster turd we all don't want. He will continue to amuse me.
You continue to beg for acceptance by attempting to appeal to the masses. Told you Kylo was better than Vader years back. Let the past die.

laughing out loud


__________________

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 01:06 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 06:12 AM.
Pages (12): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Kylo Ren is a better villain than Darth Vader

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.