KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Kylo Ren is a better villain than Darth Vader

Kylo Ren is a better villain than Darth Vader
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
He definitely proved that. His power was by far and away superior to Ren and Rey's who are virtual equals.

You'll always be a Vader and an Ot guy. You haven't participated in many Star Wars threads and don't really care. Don't lie. I've said Ren was more evil than Vader in the first film and I'm correct. You prefer Vader and the Ot that's fine. I've always been a NT guy. You're stuck in the past just like with Trek. Let the past die. Kill it.

smile

Nah. Snoke turned out to be a throwaway villain, little more than a stepping-stone for Kylo's arch.

Yeah, I like Vader. So? I like most things SW related.

Kylo cried and couldn't kill his mother, not sure how "evil" that is. Maybe 5/7 evils.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 07:05 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Robtard
Nah. Snoke turned out to be a throwaway villain, little more than a stepping-stone for Kylo's arch.

Yeah, I like Vader. So? I like most things SW related.

Kylo cried and couldn't kill his mother, not sure how "evil" that is. Maybe 5/7 evils.
False. Sidious was never the primary antagonist of the Ot either. Vader was but that didn't mean Vader was more powerful than Sidious. Completely different issue altogether.

Snoke's scenes were fantastic and his power was supreme and far above Kylo's.

Kylo ordered her death at the end. Vader never killed any family members so he's still got one over Vader. Anakin cried unbearably over his mother's death whereas Kylo wasn't going to spare a single member of the resistance. Ren didn't also try to save her when his wing mate blasted her into space. Vader turned into a Jedi that's the opposite of evil. smile

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 07:17 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

False what now?

Snoke was a throw away villain, just a means for Kylo to get from point A) to point B) of his villainous arc. THIS IS A FACT.

You know, there's an entire film for Kylo to redeem himself like Vader. It's possible this could MAYBE happen, who knows. Considering Kylo looks up to Vader and wishes, nah prays he could be even half the man Vader was :0

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 07:21 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

False what now?

Snoke was a throw away villain, just a means for Kylo to get from point A) to point B) of his villainous arc. THIS IS A FACT.

You know, there's an entire film for Kylo to redeem himself like Vader. It's possible this could happen, considering he looks up to Vader and wishes, nah prays he could be even half the man Vader was :0
By your logic Sidious was a throwaway villain. Sidious was literally thrown away by Vader. I didn't claim Snoke was going to be more of a central character than Kylo. Different argument. I claimed he was more powerful and he was proven to be so.

I loved every single scene with Snoke. He's my fave. I also like Kylo a lot. Vader doesn't even come close to Kylo who is truly evil. Kylo already surpassed him in evil. Kylo is the inverse of Luke. Sure we saw moments of Luke do bad things but he stayed the course. Sure it's possible for Abrams to have Kylo redeem himself at the end. Kylo has already surpassed Vader in evil either way.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 07:25 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Sidious was the pivotal villian behind the galactic empire for six live action films and he's the reason why Vader flipped over to the Darkside. Sidious was not a throwaway villain; you're free to think that, but you're hilariously wrong here.

Snoke was just a stepping-stone for Kylo to become the villain he needed to be. Snoke came and went like a stinky fart. He won't be remembered as a great SWars villain like Palpatine, Vader and possibly Kylo will.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 07:35 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sidious was the pivotal villian behind the galactic empire for six live action films and he's the reason why Vader flipped over to the Darkside. Sidious was not a throwaway villain; you're free to think that, but you're hilariously wrong here.

Snoke was just a stepping-stone for Kylo to become the villain he needed to be. Snoke came and went like a stinky fart. He won't be remembered as a great SWars villain like Palpatine, Vader and possibly Kylo will.

He just can't seem to accept the opinions of other people.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 07:40 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

In the Ot at the time he was a throwaway villain we later see fleshed out in the prequels. He never had a major role but that has nothing to do with his power level which is my point. Snoke has a past as well. We don't know how the trilogy will end either. He was thrown away and hardly had any screen time in the ot's.

Snoke and Sidious lured two characters over to the dark side. Windu as well as Luke's missteps factored into this as well. Sidious came and went as a stepping stone on his redemption back as a Jedi. See how easy it is to use your own logic against you.

I don't care what others think I care what I think. Snoke is my favorite. Kylo is currently number three but there's a chance he can move past Maul to the second spot. You don't really care for the Nt's and favor the ot's. It's fine it was the same with the Trek films.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 07:42 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

I called this years ago. Posters such as Darth Thor, Robtard, etc. resisted because they love Darth Vader but it's painfully obvious while I'm not alone with my predictions from years back. I am going to start rubbing in my predictions turned reality here so expect to be triggered.

https://screenrant.com/kylo-ren-bet...in-darth-vader/

laughing out loud

I was right when i called you Senile laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 08:54 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Come on guys, Quanchi is either trolling or retarded!

(Not to be taken seriously in this thread).

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 08:57 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Surtur
He just can't seem to accept the opinions of other people.

I knew Quanchi to be a Huge Kylo fan...But this is way off boundaries!!!

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 09:00 PM
Darth Thor

In the Ot at the time he was a throwaway villain we later see fleshed out in the prequels. He never had a major role but that has nothing to do with his power level which is my point. Snoke has a past as well. We don't know how the trilogy will end either. He was thrown away and hardly had any screen time in the ot's.

What total nonesense. We heard whispers of the Emperor in ANH, clearly felt his presence in ESB, and then the trilogy ended clearly showing him as The Main Villain. They basically Out Vadered Vader with Palpatine in ROTJ.

He wasn’t a throw away Villain in the slightest.

That’s actually something refreshingly New in the ST. It would have been too in our faces to make Kylo the new Vader, and Snoke the new Palpatine. Instead Kylo is Both. Brilliant move IMO.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 10:30 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
I was right when i called you Senile laughing out loud
Josh we both know you're too stupid to be taken seriously. You can't even string together a complete sentence let alone an actual legitimate argument.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 10:38 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor
What total nonesense. We heard whispers of the Emperor in ANH, clearly felt his presence in ESB, and then the trilogy ended clearly showing him as The Main Villain. They basically Out Vadered Vader with Palpatine in ROTJ.

He wasn’t a throw away Villain in the slightest.

That’s actually something refreshingly New in the ST. It would have been too in our faces to make Kylo the new Vader, and Snoke the new Palpatine. Instead Kylo is Both. Brilliant move IMO.
We felt Snoke's presence in TFA. We didn't see anything from Sidious in ANH. We see him killed by his apprentice so you pretending how it's so different just because it happened at the tail end of the film clearly shows your own hypocrisy. Vader was the main antagonist from the ot's not Sidious. Vader was never as evil as Sidious but that doesn't detract from him as the series main antagonist.

Yes he was in the same manner in which you're critizicing Snoke. You're too biased to admit it. You like Sidious more than Snoke. That's fine. You like both Sidious and Vader more than Snoke and Ren.

No, Ren is just more evil than Vader. Vader already spoke about overthrowing Sidious as far back as Rots. Snoke showed how much more powerful he was than Ren who has also shown he's far more evil than Vader. I'm right on both counts. This NT shits all over the Ot's thus far in every single aspect. I'm loving it.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 10:45 PM
Dr Will Hatch

Kylo Ren is an interesting villain at least conceptually, but I don't think that the films have done very much with him that make me want to give much more than a half-hearted shrug. Besides, how can he be better than Vader when his entire character revolves around being a fanboy of Vader? He's always going to live under his grandfather's shadow.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 11:22 PM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Kylo Ren is an interesting villain at least conceptually, but I don't think that the films have done very much with him that make me want to give much more than a half-hearted shrug. Besides, how can he be better than Vader when his entire character revolves around being a fanboy of Vader? He's always going to live under his grandfather's shadow.
Horrific reasoning. It is like saying since Lebron idolized Jordan he couldn't possibly be argued as greater at his peak. I personally view Jordan as better but what your internal motivating factors are don't determine who is superior, etc. Hell his game isn't even patterned off of Jordan. All the greats idolized someonethat came before them but that doesn't mean they can't later develop into superior athletes, warriors, etc.

Jordan was motivated by his brother who used to beat him prior to growth spurt. That doesn't mean Michael Jordan wouldn't destroy his brother at his best. The terrible arguments I have to piss on I'd assume by now most of you asshats would learn by now.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 11:29 PM
Dr Will Hatch

Horrific reasoning. It is like saying since Lebron idolized Jordan he couldn't possibly be argued as greater at his peak. I personally view Jordan as better but what your internal motivating factors are don't determine who is superior, etc. Hell his game isn't even patterned off of Jordan. All the greats idolized someonethat came before them but that doesn't mean they can't later develop into superior athletes, warriors, etc.

Jordan was motivated by his brother who used to beat him prior to growth spurt. That doesn't mean Michael Jordan wouldn't destroy his brother at his best. The terrible arguments I have to piss on I'd assume by now most of you asshats would learn by now.

Except we're not on the Versus board arguing about feats. You said that Kylo Ren was a better villain than Darth Vader, which is based on subjective opinions and other intangibles. Maybe YOU like Kylo Ren better, but Darth Vader is an icon of pop culture with a tragic backstory and a multifaceted personality. He was the second in command of the Empire, which at its height was far, far larger than the First Order is. He's got more screen presence than Kylo Ren, more menace, and a better personality. He's everything that Kylo wants to be when he grows up.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 11:37 PM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Except we're not on the Versus board arguing about feats. You said that Kylo Ren was a better villain than Darth Vader, which is based on subjective opinions and other intangibles. Maybe YOU like Kylo Ren better, but Darth Vader is an icon of pop culture with a tragic backstory and a multifaceted personality. He was the second in command of the Empire, which at its height was far, far larger than the First Order is. He's got more screen presence than Kylo Ren, more menace, and a better personality. He's everything that Kylo wants to be when he grows up.
This entire subject is subjective. Vader is more popular but I view Kylo Ren as a much better villain. Based off your reasoning icons somehow matter more. It's silly. Yes, it was larger but it was also less powerful and didn't operate in the same manner. Snoke is about brute force and terror whereas Sidious was at his core a politician masking his true intentions from the general public.

Kylo to me has far more screen presence. You don't know what he's going to do next and unpredictability is scarier than Vader who let Tarkin boss him around. Ren is impulsive and fearful which makes him more dangerous than Vader IMO. Kylo has a far better personality since we can see his facial expressions whereas Vader was hidden underneath a mask. Kylo also has the best lightsaber in the mythos of Star Wars.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 12:04 AM
Darth Thor

This entire subject is subjective. Vader is more popular .

I called this years ago. Posters such as Darth Thor, Robtard, etc. resisted because they love Darth Vader but it's painfully obvious while I'm not alone with my predictions from years back. I am going to start rubbing in my predictions turned reality here so expect to be triggered.

https://screenrant.com/kylo-ren-bet...in-darth-vader/

laughing out loud

erm

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 12:05 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor
erm
Yes, it is subjective but it's a fact Vader is more popular. That doesn't mean Vader is better. I claimed Ren is more evil and a far better villain. I'm not alone. The link is for an opinion piece, sport. That's subjective but I'm going to rub it the **** in the Nt's villains are superior to the Ot's.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 12:07 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
I knew Quanchi to be a Huge Kylo fan...But this is way off boundaries!!!

He's just pathetic, but ignore him.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 12:08 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote