KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » 1/2/2018 - #1A (Ranking ONE, Round ONE) - Most Powerful Character Tournament - VOTE!

The two characters who receive the most votes will advance to #1B to decide #1.
This poll is closed.
Valkorion 18 27.69%
Palpatine 11 16.92%
Anakin Skywalker / Darth Vader (pre-suit) 11 16.92%
Luke Skywalker 24 36.92%
Other (comment below) 1 1.54%
Total: 65 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

1/2/2018 - #1A (Ranking ONE, Round ONE) - Most Powerful Character Tournament - VOTE!
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Anakin can't do any of those things.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 02:07 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samappo

True, he cannot. But as AP said in fairness, Anakin uses the force internally, making external feats somewhat irrelevant, if that's the jist of what you're saying ?

The question is whether Anakin could actually counter these external threats or not.

The Sith are not placid stars but singularities. Rather than burn with muted purpose, we warp space and time to twist the galaxy to our own design. - Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 02:10 AM
Click here to Send samappo a Private Message Find more posts by samappo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote: (post)
Originally posted by samappo
To be fair, Anakin is in his early 20's and is one of few who is being voted for as most powerful Star Wars character in the cosmos xD

Ant, can you please confirm these statements?

Do you want me to confirm my own statements?

Uh, sure: yeah, I stand by them.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 02:11 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Hell, there's various quotes implying that Yoda and Sidious are stronger than Anakin. Even if you don't buy them, I feel there's too much controversy there to then say Anakin is far beyond Yoda or Sidious as of RotS. The Emperors remain supreme.

Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Anakin can't do any of those things.

Anakin can replicate and perhaps surpass anything Sidious, Luke, or Valkorion has down raw power-wise, IMO.

The issue comes down to mastery, in which he's obviously not at the level of Force storms or planetary draining.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samappo

@DarthAnt66 As in, if you can, provide the sources that confirm this. I wasn't aware NG [I'm presuming] labelled Anakin as approaching 10 for example.

The Sith are not placid stars but singularities. Rather than burn with muted purpose, we warp space and time to twist the galaxy to our own design. - Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 02:14 AM
Click here to Send samappo a Private Message Find more posts by samappo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Anakin can replicate and perhaps surpass anything Sidious, Luke, or Valkorion has down raw power-wise, IMO.

The issue comes down to mastery, in which he's obviously not at the level of Force storms or planetary draining.

Which is why Anakin dies to any of them in a fight.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 02:15 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

He lacks their mastery of the Force certainly, hence he isn't using planet rending techniques or such. But he doesn't use mastery of the Force, he wills the Force to do as he pleases. According to the 2008 Databank his power was unparallelled.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 02:19 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

"He wills the force to do as he pleases."

So do Vitiate-tiers. smile

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 02:20 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Not in the same fashion nor via the same means.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 02:20 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

The vast majority of the competitions top showings aren't even combat applicable anyway, Anakin will just overpower them. sad

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 02:21 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by samappo
@DarthAnt66 As in, if you can, provide the sources that confirm this. I wasn't aware NG [I'm presuming] labelled Anakin as approaching 10 for example.

"There’s up to eight levels. Yoda is an eight, Mace Windu is an eight, Obi is a seven, but if you miss a level, it’s a bit like taking drugs to get enlightenment.” Anakin is the perfect example of messing with the established system. “I’ve got him down as an eight or nine, which doesn’t really exist,” says Gillard, before explaining that by turning to the Dark Side, Anakin skipped some essential steps. “It’s only a writing tool,” he says, “but it gives you the edge over it just being a fight."

He's using a different scaling system here (9 being peak instead of the normal 10).

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 02:22 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

So while there are statements saying Knightfall > RotS Sidious, there are also statements labeling Sidious the most powerful sith, so the clear answer is either it's ambiguous or that one is better in raw power (likely Vader) while the other is better overall.

That ambiguity does not translate to a win over DE Sidious, and certainly not over Luke.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 02:23 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

>implying all statements are to be treated equally

wink

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 02:26 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

thumb up @Ellimist

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 02:26 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
>implying all statements are to be treated equally

wink

The most obvious interpretation is that Knightfall Vader beats RotS Sidious in a duel thanks to raw power, but nowhere does Lucas and co. suggest he matches Sidious in telekinesis, FL, etc. So we take the other sources' word that Palpatine is more powerful overall.

Then we're comparing him to DE Sidious who is like a walking dark side nexus that can destroy moons and Luke Skywalker who by powerscaling should be above even Wankatine.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 02:29 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Fact: Anakin's realised power was already on Palpatine and Yoda's tier and arguably above them.

Fact: Vader's power was already massively greater to what it had been beforehand after Knightfall and prior to mental fvckery.

The only argument is how powerful that actually makes him and does it make him GOAT?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 02:31 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by The Ellimist
The most obvious interpretation is that Knightfall Vader beats RotS Sidious in a duel thanks to raw power, but nowhere does Lucas and co. suggest he matches Sidious in telekinesis, FL, etc. So we take the other sources' word that Palpatine is more powerful overall.

Then we're comparing him to DE Sidious who is like a walking dark side nexus that can destroy moons and Luke Skywalker who by powerscaling should be above even Wankatine.

Luke > Sidious, yet Luke never shows the same scale of power as Sidious. Thanks for making the same argument as to why Sidious and Valkorion's showings don't make them superior to KF!Vader due to his lack of them.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 02:34 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by The Ellimist

As of Operation: Knightfall, Anakin's powers are boundless without any mental handicap to restrict his potential. He's already beginning to exhibit Chosen One-esque heights when he decides Dooku will lose. You argue that may be hyperbole, in which I would agree if the text doesn't again feature Anakin willing an event into occurrence by landing the Invisible Hand - a feat deemed impossible by both Mace Windu and the narrator. The text even states how Anakin landed it only because his resolve to save his friends was greater than the Force's will, which I think frankly parallels with the Mortis arc and Anakin's overpowering of the Ones there. My perception of Anakin during this time is someone who's just rapidly expanding unlike anything we've ever seen. While he has ways to go before reaching his full potential, I see him as driving 80 MPH to the finish line during the later events of Revenge of the Sith.

For the record, I think many more sources support the idea Anakin > RotS Sidious than otherwise.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 02:36 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by AncientPower
Luke > Sidious, yet Luke never shows the same scale of power as Sidious. Thanks for making the same argument as to why Sidious and Valkorion's showings don't make them superior to KF!Vader due to his lack of them.

Not the same at all. There are active arguments for putting Luke above DE Sidious, but none for putting Vader above DE Sidious...

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 02:36 AM