KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » 1/2/2018 - #1A (Ranking ONE, Round ONE) - Most Powerful Character Tournament - VOTE!

The two characters who receive the most votes will advance to #1B to decide #1.
This poll is closed.
Valkorion 18 27.69%
Palpatine 11 16.92%
Anakin Skywalker / Darth Vader (pre-suit) 11 16.92%
Luke Skywalker 24 36.92%
Other (comment below) 1 1.54%
Total: 65 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

1/2/2018 - #1A (Ranking ONE, Round ONE) - Most Powerful Character Tournament - VOTE!
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
samappo

It would have to be relatively short time frame, since Anakin after Mustafar would need to take Sidious' place and confront Yoda quite quickly in order to preserve what the emperor had constructed.

The Sith are not placid stars but singularities. Rather than burn with muted purpose, we warp space and time to twist the galaxy to our own design. - Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 04:35 AM
Click here to Send samappo a Private Message Find more posts by samappo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Ellimist
roll eyes (sarcastic) Seriously?

He said "me" because Yoda was pointing a lightsaber at him, essentially he was saying "even if you kill me my apprentice, who I turned and am responsible for, will become more powerful than either of us anyway and thus fulfill my plan". And yes, he says will become.

It's pretty obvious to me.

I understand your rational, I am just not following it.

Palpatine is not concerned with his "legacy." He states that in Book of the Sith and that is echoed by George Lucas on many occasions. His aspirations are to live forever as an immortal God Emperor with the Chosen One lineage as his guardian. Yoda would indeed "stop him" by killing him. There's no telling how Anakin would operate the new Galactic Empire, but it's clear that both know that he wouldn't do it the same way Palpatine did - and would likely be far more unsuccessful at it. Thus, if Palpatine dies, his plan dies with him - because not only is his ultimate plan (immorality) out the window, but so is his Galactic Empire in all likelihood. I don't think Palpatine would state such an obvious bluff / lie to Yoda. If he would, then I think that further calls into question the legitimacy of Palpatine's claim concerning Anakin.

Further, I think Yoda's rebuttal ("Faith in your new apprentice, misplaced may be") doesn't make sense in the context that Yoda is responding to Darth Vader becoming supremely powerful eventually. Palpatine's faith is blatantly not misguided in the respect that Anakin will eventually become more powerful than either of them. Yoda knows he will. It makes more sense in my interpretation, in which Yoda thinks Palpatine's faith that he will defeat Obi-Wan and fully extinguish all threads to his past is possibly misguided.

Your version has too many weird issues arising. The only issue I can find presented with mine is that it's "awkward."

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 04:46 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Also, yes, I got the "soon" part wrong, but that calls into more questions I hadn't even considered!

If Palaptine is telling Yoda that Anakin "soon will become more powerful than either of us" and thus, even if he dies, his plan will be enacted, then by that rational Yoda should just go off and kill Anakin after he kills Palpatine. He's capable of doing that, as per you, since allegedly (and unlikely) Palpatine thinks Anakin is less powerful than either of them, and he has cause to do that if, as per you, Palpatine is passing on the torch to Anakin to complete his plan.

In other words, that statement is then, essentially, "if you kill me, Anakin's my last hope but you can kill him currently anyway" which doesn't fly.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 04:50 AM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 04:48 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samappo

At this point Anakin is > Yoda easily. Without a doubt in sabers, most probably in the force.

The Sith are not placid stars but singularities. Rather than burn with muted purpose, we warp space and time to twist the galaxy to our own design. - Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 04:50 AM
Click here to Send samappo a Private Message Find more posts by samappo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Won't save him from Wankorion or Wankatine. smile

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 04:52 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Won't save him from Wankorion or Wankatine. smile

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Even if not, he beats Luke.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 04:53 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Re: 1/2/2018 - #1A (Ranking ONE, Round ONE) - Most Powerful Character Tournament - VOTE!

Originally posted by DarthAnt66

BANNED CHARACTERS: Mother Talzin, Gethzerion, Onimi, Irek Ismaren, Sarasu Taalon,

???why

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 04:56 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Ant, you're reading waaaay too much into this. Sidious taunts Yoda by reminding him that he turned Anakin who will surpass them both and carry on the sith legacy (Yoda at this point would assume Sidious is a banite sith cause why else would he recruit someone who could surpass him?) and Yoda is like nawww Obi Wan will handle him. How did you get anything about analyzing Anakin's competence as a ruler or analysis on whether Yoda can track down Vader from that?

There's nothing awkward about it, practically everyone I've seen mentioning the scene interprets it the same way and presumably Sidious and Yoda do too.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 04:58 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

It was decided by the committee for a variety of reasons.

This is why you ought to join Google Hangouts, so you can be apart of it.

:no2:

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 04:58 AM
samappo

How do I join google hangouts lol

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 05:05 AM
Pessimystic
Restricted

Account Restricted

I didn't know there were even this many members...

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 05:20 AM
Click here to Send Pessimystic a Private Message Find more posts by Pessimystic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

There's not. Socks.

Who do you vote for, Pess?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 05:25 AM
The Merchant

What do you guys think of Palpatine telling Anakin "are you going to kill me? I knew you would"

Also Luke.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 05:25 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by samappo
How do I join google hangouts lol

PM me your email and I'll add you to our chats.

https://hangouts.google.com/

You can access them via here or on gmail's side-bar.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 05:26 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Re: Re: 1/2/2018 - #1A (Ranking ONE, Round ONE) - Most Powerful Character Tournament - VOTE!

Originally posted by NewGuy01
???why

Join hangouts, you ****.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 05:28 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

PM me your email and I'll add you to our chats.

https://hangouts.google.com/

You can access them via here or on gmail's side-bar.

To clarify:

If you don't trust me with your email, you can also send it to Skillz, DMB, Ellimist, etc.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 05:34 AM
samappo

I know what hangouts is, just didn't know how to join yours xD

Nah I'm not a paranoid retard, I'll pm you my email when I've got a chance.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 05:48 AM
Pessimystic
Restricted

Account Restricted

There's not. Socks.

Who do you vote for, Pess?

I'm inclined to vote Valkorion but since he's already amassed a lot votes, I'd say Luke. It's close either way.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 05:56 AM
Click here to Send Pessimystic a Private Message Find more posts by Pessimystic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Pessimystic
I'm inclined to vote Valkorion but since he's already amassed a lot votes, I'd say Luke. It's close either way.

The votes are wrong. Members created socks (fake accounts) and voted multiple times over.

The current vote is:

Luke (13):
- The Ellimist
- The Tempest
- cs_zoltan
- Ursumeles
- Sunrazer
- Emperordmb
- The Muser
- Rebel95
- Tenebrous Way
- Selenial
- jkbart
- Trocity
- King Joker

Anakin (5):
- Beniboybling
- AncientPower
- DarthAnt66
- Geistalt
- FreshestSlice

Palpatine (2):
- Azronger
- An_Sock

Valkorion (2):
- XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
- Nephthys

I have 22 votes so far.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 06:05 AM
samappo

No point even voting now, Luke takes the number 1. spot by authority of his immense lead.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 06:14 AM