KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Darth Caedus respect thread

Darth Caedus respect thread
Started by: Tondemonai

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ursumeles
Traitor

Flow walking is ****ing hax.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 08:19 AM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordOfTheLight

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Pessimystic
Kek

LordOfTheLight's fantasy:
- Caedus tk'd half a million people.

Reality:
- Forced 5 people to stumble backwards a bit.

I can hardly be blamed for the RT creator's ineptitude. Also, you don't want to start a mockery game with me.

For the record, did you know that Jacen as a 12 year old( ages approximately) was more powerful than an apprentice( Zekk) who could create weather storms with relative ease? Zekk is also a nobody, absolutely nothing in the hierarchy of Jedi in the NJO, both as an apprentice or a Jedi Knight, while Jacen is either described to be the most powerful apprentice or a Jedi in the order second only to Luke.

Or that Jacen as a 17/18 year old( decades pre-prime), was bringing down huge auditoriums/buildings/structures with Tk while simultaneously ragdolling scores of Vong?

By no means are his feats lacklustre, lmfao.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 08:49 AM
Click here to Send LordOfTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by LordOfTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by LordOfTheLight
I can hardly be blamed for the RT creator's ineptitude. Also, you don't want to start a mockery game with me.

Scary. But yes, we can blame you for making a nonsense claim without doing so much as looking into it.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 09:11 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordOfTheLight

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Scary. But yes, we can blame you for making a nonsense claim without doing so much as looking into it.

Nobody's perfect and this isn't a debate.

This also isn't nonsensical at all for someone on Caedus's level. I agree it would be kind of ridiculous if someone like Aayla Secura had done it, and I hadn't looked into it, but Jacen has better feats of power output as a teenager, half his age as Caedus. Not to mention scaling, as I said above.

So, when I find something like this, it strikes me as a decent feat for the character, but nothing too extraordinary. Nowhere even remotely close to "nonsense".

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 09:39 AM
Click here to Send LordOfTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by LordOfTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Originally posted by LordOfTheLight
[B]Or that Jacen as a 17/18 year old( decades pre-prime), was bringing down huge auditoriums/buildings/structures with Tk while simultaneously ragdolling scores of Vong?
[B]

Wasn't that a rage-amped Jacen?
quote:
For the record, did you know that Jacen as a 12 year old( ages approximately) was more powerful than an apprentice( Zekk) who could create weather storms with relative ease?

Wollf told me about that feat, but I never saw a quote IIRC. Also, he said that Zekk was the leader of a group who created weather storms, similar to Bane and the BoD in POD, though on a far smaller scale.
Also, wasn't that feat in YJK, which would Jacen at 14 years of age? Also, evidence for YJK Jacen > Zekk?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 12:36 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordOfTheLight

Originally posted by Ursumeles
Wasn't that a rage-amped Jacen?

Wollf told me about that feat, but I never saw a quote IIRC. Also, he said that Zekk was the leader of a group who created weather storms, similar to Bane and the BoD in POD, though on a far smaller scale.
Also, wasn't that feat in YJK, which would Jacen at 14 years of age? Also, evidence for YJK Jacen > Zekk?

Not that I know of.

Not at all. Bane's was an intricate Sith ritual, combined with most of the BoD joined in their powers. In the case of Zekk, he( and a handful of other trainees) actively manipulated the weather via Alter Environment to create storms. Each of them supplied their own input of power in the manipulation of the weather. It is also pretty obvious that Zekk was supplying more than 99% of the power, since he was not at all strained in the slightest to create the storm, and when his attention was distracted, the other trainees completely lost control of the storm which dissipated almost immediately.

I remember seeing something like that addressed, however I would have to comb through YJK for it, which I don't particularly feel like doing. For now though, Jacen is clearly the top apprentice of Luke, in his teens and later years, and a Jedi second only to Luke in his late twenties. In comparison, Zekk is practically nowhere on the radar, at any point in time.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 04:12 PM
Ursumeles
Traitor

Do you at least know in which book the Zekk feat was?

And yeah, in later years Jacen is far beyond Zekk, but I was questioning YJK Jacen > Zekk, as IIRC both were ~ Jaina. Fair enough though.

Edit: Looking through the text, he seems to be pretty clearly rageamped, at least against Vergere, and iirc the Vong fight was directly afterwards.
quote:
He remembered a long gathering breath: inhaling a galaxy of hatred and rage--And he remembered channeling that whole galaxy of rage down his arms and hurling it at Vergere. He remembered watching her writhe in the electric arcs of his hatred: remembered the sizzle of his own hands burning as lightning burst through them: remembered how that pain had only fed his anger.[/U] And he remembered how good it had felt.

Frustration had compounded Jacen's fury; he had thrown himself outward seeking power to do these creatures harm...

Last edited by Ursumeles on Jan 4th, 2018 at 04:25 PM

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 04:19 PM
LordOfTheLight

I think the last one, as Brakiss is defeated in the same book to my knowledge.

Ok then. NJO is pretty huge though, and I do recall statements of Jacen being stronger than ever in many books, so it's pretty possible he outgrew even the rage amp later on. I'll have to verify of course.

Can you tell me the novel the text is from?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 04:36 PM
Ursumeles
Traitor

All of this is in Traitor.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 04:37 PM
MythLord
Diamond

Yeah, Caedus should be considerably ahead of that enraged Jacen, tbh. Given a big part of him turning to the Dark Side was him mastering the rage he used before, which would likely include this.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 06:26 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Caedus being > Rage! Jacen is a far cry from NJO Jacen > Rage! Jacen, though.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 06:38 PM