KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » As the right loses the plot completely

As the right loses the plot completely
Started by: Steve Zodiac

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
No, it's like wanting to try to self proclaimed handy man because a bunch of potential corruption and scandals surround the professional.

And maybe, if you wanna stick with that example, lets throw in the "professionals" forgetting very basic protocols they should have known when it comes to the job that might raise alarm bells. Then let us assume those meant to hold the professionals in check are shady as f*ck too and not to be trusted.

Now that example sounds a bit more like what we were dealing with, IMO.

There were indeed better candidates.

I'll have to disagree again, Surtur. Most other candidates were not plagued by scandals like Trump and Hillary were, and a few were much more in tune with the core values of each of their parties. On top of alleged sexual assault/harassment, bankruptcies, and spreading conspiracy theories, Trump was being sued for fraud, for ****'s sake. He was clearly the most corrupt candidate who ran for president in 2016.

Sure, people were tired of career politicians like Hillary, but you and almost 63 million other Americans took a gamble on the one candidate who was not only less qualified and experienced, but was also much shadier than them all. It wasn't a safe bet, nor was it a smart one.

Trump claimed to have quick and easy fixes for everything from the economy, to healthcare, to illegal immigration, to terrorism...in spite of the lack of experience and qualifications, and the fact that none of those issues are as simplistic as he implied them to be. Almost a year in, he's proven himself ineffectual in those areas, has divided several groups in the country with his polarizing viewpoints, and is being investigated for collusion with the Russian government for tampering with the election, along with the rest of his cabinet.

Lol, after the Golden Globes people now want Oprah to run in 2020. Identity politics ain't going anywhere. And we both know if she ran and lost racism would be blamed.

Both sides do it. Trying to appeal to Christians or the middle class is identity politics, it is just not as utterly blatant and obnoxious as when the Dems pull their shit.

Regarding Oprah, it's like I said with Trump and Hillary...they've developed a cult of personality, and Americans seem to eat that shit up more than anyone else on the planet.

I don't think identity politics and blind party loyalty are going away anytime soon, either...but they need to if any real and significant changes which benefit most, if not all, Americans are going to be made.

Personally, I find it that much more sickening when Republicans use their Christian beliefs to pander to the Christian voter base, and when implementing it in their legislation.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 05:36 PM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Eternal Idol
I'll have to disagree again, Surtur. Most other candidates were not plagued by scandals like Trump and Hillary were, and a few were much more in tune with the core values of each of their parties. On top of alleged sexual assault/harassment, bankruptcies, and spreading conspiracy theories, Trump was being sued for fraud, for ****'s sake. He was clearly the most corrupt candidate who ran for president in 2016.

Sure, people were tired of career politicians like Hillary, but you and almost 63 million other Americans took a gamble on the one candidate who was not only less qualified and experienced, but was also much shadier than them all. It wasn't a safe bet, nor was it a smart one.

Trump claimed to have quick and easy fixes for everything from the economy, to healthcare, to illegal immigration, to terrorism...in spite of the lack of experience and qualifications, and the fact that none of those issues are as simplistic as he implied them to be. Almost a year in, he's proven himself ineffectual in those areas, has divided several groups in the country with his polarizing viewpoints, and is being investigated for collusion with the Russian government for tampering with the election, along with the rest of his cabinet.

Regarding Oprah, it's like I said with Trump and Hillary...they've developed a cult of personality, and Americans seem to eat that shit up more than anyone else on the planet.

I don't think identity politics and blind party loyalty are going away anytime soon, either...but it needs to if any real and significant changes which benefit most, if not all, Americans are going to be made.

Personally, I find it that much more sickening when Republicans use their Christian beliefs to pander to the Christian voter base, and when implementing it in their legislation.

You bring up good points. So from the GOP side of things, who would you have voted for, if they made it to the general election? Rand Paul? He seemed to be fairly scandal free.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 05:37 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

I don't think identity politics and blind party loyalty are going away anytime soon, either...but they need to if any real and significant changes which benefit most, if not all, Americans are going to be made.

Nice. Good post

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 05:51 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Originally posted by Pessimystic
"Better candidates in Kasich and Sanders."

Bernie 'Tax the Rich 90%' Sanders is a senile old Communist.

And Kasich is a pathetic moderate cuckold, not to mention he eats like an overweight woman.

I can't tell if you're trolling, so just that stupid. Either way, your opinion isn't one to be taken seriously, but I'll humor you anyhow.

Sanders was the sharpest and most progressive of the Democratic candidates running for president in 2016. Nobody seriously questions his mental health.

Kasich held true to most Republican values without venturing far into batshit-crazy extremes. Nobody questions his sanity, either.

Meanwhile, Trump's mental health, integrity, and/or values are questioned almost every time he opens his mouth or goes on his latest Twitter tantrum shit-storm.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 05:51 PM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Paul and Kasich were the two Reps with lots of experience, politically clean for the most part and both tried consistently to talk about the issues.

It's a shame Kasich didn't win the nom, he was the best the Right had running in 2016

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 05:52 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

I can't tell if you're trolling, so just that stupid. Either way, your opinion isn't one to be taken seriously, but I'll humor you anyhow.

Sanders was the sharpest and most progressive of the Democratic candidates running for president in 2016. Nobody seriously questions his mental health.

Kasich held true to most Republican values without venturing far into batshit-crazy extremes. Nobody questions his sanity, either.

Meanwhile, Trump's mental health, integrity, and/or values are questioned almost every time he opens his mouth or goes on his latest Twitter tantrum shit-storm.

Ignore him hes on his period

Originally posted by Robtard
Paul and Kasich were the two Reps with lots of experience, politically clean for the most part and both tried consistently to talk about the issues.

It's a shame Kasich didn't win the nom, he was the best the Right had running in 2016

Kasich still in politics?

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 05:56 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Ignore him hes on his period

Kasich still in politics?

Kasich's still the governor of Ohio. I do hope he casts himself for POTUS again in the future.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 05:58 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It wasn't my intention to suggest every candidate was corrupt. Rather I was talking about Hilary and those around here, mentioning protocols was referencing the email scandal, and the shady thing was about her and those around her.

I don't think Bernie was corrupt, for instance. Nor Ted Cruz.

quote:

Some people were fed up with the way things were going, I don't blame them. All I am saying is it's not hard to see why this happened and how to stop it from happening again.

Neither candidate was a smart bet, it turns out. And before someone comes in screaming "she's better!" my point is to look at what is happening now. Multiple investigations reopened. You can say it's a distraction tactic, but I think they'd still do this if she had won the presidency, and either way we potentially would just be dealing with various scandals, no matter how warranted or not they might be.

quote:
Trump claimed to have quick and easy fixes for everything from the economy, to healthcare, to illegal immigration, to terrorism...in spite of the lack of experience and qualifications, and the fact that none of those issues are as simplistic as he implied them to be. Almost a year in, he's proven himself ineffectual in those areas, has divided several groups in the country with his polarizing viewpoints, and is being investigated for collusion with the Russian government for tampering with the election, along with the rest of his cabinet

Indeed. I will argue I think he accomplished a not shitty amount of things, it's just he is his own worst enemy and mouths off and so any achievement is immediately undone.

quote:

Indeed they do. And if people think America is already a joke, Oprah vs Trump in 2020 will push us even further into that territory.

quote:

Bingo.

quote:

Neat, personally I find it all just as sad. Religion is just another way to manipulate people, just like the gender or race thing.

Last edited by Surtur on Jan 8th, 2018 at 06:04 PM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 06:00 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Kasich's still the governor of Ohio. I do hope he casts himself for POTUS again in the future.

Interesting. I do appreciate your input as it is impossible to follow everyone. I'll take a look into his policies, again.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 06:00 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by dadudemon
Interesting. I do appreciate your input as it is impossible to follow everyone. I'll take a look into his policies, again.

I know you're partial to Rand Paul, but imo you'll be hard pressed to find someone better suited for POTUS on the Right who ran in 2016. Policies, history and how they handled themselves.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 06:03 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anyone watch any of that Richard Spencer debate?

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 06:07 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

It wasn't my intention to suggest every candidate was corrupt. Rather I was talking about Hilary and those around here, mentioning protocols was referencing the email scandal, and the shady thing was about her and those around her.

You're still sticking to that 'it's a choice between Hillary who is corrupt and Donald who says means things' narrative you've built in 2016, which of course completely ignores the reality of [back then] Donald Trump.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 06:13 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Good 4 him and hey Rob 😚

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 06:15 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're still sticking to that 'it's a choice between Hillary who is corrupt and Donald who says means things' narrative you've built in 2016, which of course completely ignores the reality of [back then] Donald Trump.

It's more or less just both were shitty, and people needed decided who they thought was shittier.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 06:17 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Back then you did have the 'one is corrupt (Clinton) and one (Trump) says means things' viewpoint. Cos you said it.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 06:22 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Good 4 him and hey Rob 😚

He seems to enjoy it and hey back to you Sin <3

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 06:23 PM
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Originally posted by dadudemon
You bring up good points. So from the GOP side of things, who would you have voted for, if they made it to the general election? Rand Paul? He seemed to be fairly scandal free.

Thanks, DDM. It's obviously harder for me to identify with the GOP candidates, but if I were to support them, my vote would have been a toss up for either Kasich or Paul, but leaning more toward Kasich.

I don't agree with either's pro-life positions.

I agree with a few of Kasich's stances on climate change and the environment, and oppose him on things like the Keystone XL pipeline and his idea that the EPA should not regulate things like carbon emissions. I don't know Paul's environmental viewpoints.

I highly disagree with Paul's idea of keeping vaccinations optional and up to the child's parents.

I agree with Paul that the war with Iraq left a power vacuum which allowed ISIS to gain power and influence in the destabilized region, and for opposing sanctions against Iran and Russia.

I respect Kasich's positions on gun control more than Paul's call for no gun control.

I also respect that Kasich attempted to bridge the rift between Ohio police and the communities they serve, as well as for supporting the use of body cameras to better hold them accountable.

Nice. Good post

Thank you, Sin.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 06:24 PM
snowdragon

It's more or less just both were shitty, and people needed decided who they thought was shittier.

There were more choices then just Hillary and Trump.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 06:26 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I know you're partial to Rand Paul, but imo you'll be hard pressed to find someone better suited for POTUS on the Right who ran in 2016. Policies, history and how they handled themselves.

No, not really to Rand Paul. More like, "he's not terrible." I agreed with Gary Johnson more than Rand Paul on policies.

I'll read up on Kasich tonight.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 07:50 PM
dadudemon

Thanks, DDM. It's obviously harder for me to identify with the GOP candidates, but if I were to support them, my vote would have been a toss up for either Kasich or Paul, but leaning more toward Kasich.

I don't agree with either's pro-life positions.

I agree with a few of Kasich's stances on climate change and the environment, and oppose him on things like the Keystone XL pipeline and his idea that the EPA should not regulate things like carbon emissions. I don't know Paul's environmental viewpoints.

I highly disagree with Paul's idea of keeping vaccinations optional and up to the child's parents.

I agree with Paul that the war with Iraq left a power vacuum which allowed ISIS to gain power and influence in the destabilized region, and for opposing sanctions against Iran and Russia.

I respect Kasich's positions on gun control more than Paul's call for no gun control.

I also respect that Kasich attempted to bridge the rift between Ohio police and the communities they serve, as well as for supporting the use of body cameras to better hold them accountable.

This is a very nice summary on positions. Please post more things in the GDF.

We agree on a majority of your positions, as well.

I think there is a real "primed environment" in the GOP to have a candidate that appeals to Democrats, appeals to Libertarians, and appeals to many GOP. That candidate would be better than anything any party has to offer. But that candidate would be hurt running with a D or and R in front of their name.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 07:53 PM