KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Global Integration Scale - Where would you put yourself?

Which most closely represents your view on global integration?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Ultranationalist 1 6.67%
Nationalist 0 0%
Patriotic 3 20.00%
Integrationist 5 33.33%
Continentalist 1 6.67%
Globalist 1 6.67%
Ultraglobalist 4 26.67%
Total: 15 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Global Integration Scale - Where would you put yourself?
Started by: lazybones

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lazybones

Global Integration Scale - Where would you put yourself?

On this 7-option scale on global integration, what do you think is preferable for your country, and the closest (ie. not necessarily identical) to your viewpoints?

Ultranationalist:My country should seek zero integration in order to safeguard the culture, predominance and purity of my people. Immigration should be totally barred for all outsiders and the language and values of my people are the only ones acceptable in my nation. Protectionism always takes precedence over free trade, with a pursuit of colonialist style policies in which my country should exploit/pillage inferior nations, where possible.

Nationalist: My country should seek a minimal amount of integration, as protection against cultures and ways of life that are inferior and potentially harmful. Immigration should be heavily restricted, and the language and values of my people should be given first class treatment, with those who do not share these to be barred from entry. Protectionism should typically take precedence over free trade, unless there is a guaranteed benefit for my country otherwise.

Patriotic:My country should seek a modest amount of integration, but no compromises can be made on the core values of my people. Immigration should be limited, but there should be a channel for non-natives who show a strong and persistent desire to integrate. The language and values of my people should be given strong preference in my nation, but other cultures are acceptable as long as they do not pose a threat to the social fabric. Protectionism and free trade should be determined on what will create more growth domestically in the long run.

Integrationist:My country should seek a notable amount of integration, with negotiations for political and economic unions initiated with very close neighbours. Immigration should be determined based on the needs of the country, and should be non-discriminatory in terms of race and culture. The language and values of my people should not be seen as inherently superior to others, and there should be an openness to learn. Free trade should be valued over protectionism, particularly with close neighbours.

Continentalist: My country should seek a great amount of integration, with negotiations for political and economic unions initiated with all the countries on my continent. Immigration controls should be lax, abolished for my continent, and pursued for the sake of cultural enrichment as well as economic benefits. The language and values of my people should be practised with some degree of humility, with the values of other peoples always treated with the principle of charity. Free trade should be valued over protectionism, ubiquitous on my continent, and pursued with any other nations that will engage.

Globalist: My country should seek an overwhelming amount of integration, with negotiations for political and economic unions initiated with all countries that are willing on a global scale. Immigration controls should be almost non-existent, and pursued for the sake of cultural enrichment regardless of economic benefits. The language and values of my people should be seen as just a small part of an emerging global culture, with the values of other people treated with humility. Free trade should always be valued over protectionism.

Ultraglobalist: My country should seek an unlimited amount of integration, with laws decided by a global body as the ultimate authority. Immigration controls of all kinds should be abolished, with all treated with reverence. The language and values of my people should ultimately be succeeded by a unified global culture and language, with nationalistic sentiments viewed with contempt. Free trade should be the norm for all countries except those seen as disadvantage, who should be given preferential and subsidised trade in a concerted effort to develop them and to make total reparations for past wrongs.

Last edited by lazybones on Jan 6th, 2018 at 08:00 PM

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 07:54 PM
lazybones is currently offline Click here to Send lazybones a Private Message Find more posts by lazybones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Patriotic in regards to immigration, Globalist in regards to free trade vs protectionism.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 07:57 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Ultraglobalist.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 08:00 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Patriotic in regards to immigration, Globalist in regards to free trade vs protectionism.
This seems quite similar to my thoughts. Just let in the smart productive immigrants and trade freely with the rest of the world.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 08:07 PM
ILS is currently offline Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I prefer to be a "GetTheFUKOffMyLawnlist" TBH.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 08:12 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Flyattractor
I prefer to be a "GetTheFUKOffMyLawnlist" TBH.

(please log in to view the image)

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 08:20 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

More like..

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 08:24 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Nephthys
Ultraglobalist.

Me too.

Bring on the United Federation of Planets, please.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2018 10:41 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pessimystic
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gavin McInnes is a pathetic race mixer.

Anyway, can I be an Ultranationalist Semi-Libertarian?

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 01:46 AM
Pessimystic is currently offline Click here to Send Pessimystic a Private Message Find more posts by Pessimystic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

UGGHHH two votes for UltraGlobalist?

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 01:47 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Somewhere between a continentalist and a globalist, so picked the first one.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 01:49 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

We need more patriots. Also anyone in Europe saying they should push for unlimited immigration makes me laugh.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 01:51 AM
Pessimystic
Restricted

Account Restricted

What about Israel? They're an ethnostate and refuse non-Jewish immigrants... Doesn't seem too fair to me.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 01:52 AM
Pessimystic is currently offline Click here to Send Pessimystic a Private Message Find more posts by Pessimystic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Somewhere between Patriotic and Integrationist

Definitely patriotic for immigration

Economically it really depends on the specific sector. An influx of cheap goods versus outsourcing jobs have different implications. Definitely not a globalist so I'll say continentalist or integrationist depending on the specific trade issue.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 01:54 AM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Why can't we be patriotic and ultraglobalist?

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 01:55 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Kurk
Somewhere between Patriotic and Integrationist

Definitely patriotic for immigration

Economically it really depends on the specific sector. An influx of cheap goods versus outsourcing jobs have different implications. Definitely not a globalist so I'll say continentalist or integrationist depending on the specific trade issue.

Yeah I can see that.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 01:55 AM
Pessimystic
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
Why can't we be patriotic and ultraglobalist?

Because that's oxymoronic. They have the opposite goals.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 01:56 AM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Pessimystic
Because that's oxymoronic. They have the opposite goals.

What's this?

Patriotic Ultraglobalist: My country should seek a limited amount of immigration, with laws decided by a global body as the ultimate authority. Immigration controls of all kinds will always operate under the notion of welcoming within reason, with all treated with reverence and respect. The language of my people should ultimately be succeeded by a unified global language and that we accept that everyone comes from all sorts of cultures and background, with ultranationalistic sentiments viewed with contempt. Free trade should be the norm for all countries.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 02:01 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

So is that your stance? Because I find it much more agreeable than the bullshit "UNLIMITED IMMIGRATION" thing in the Ultraglobalist description.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 02:03 AM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Emperordmb
So is that your stance? Because I find it much more agreeable than the bullshit "UNLIMITED IMMIGRATION" thing in the Ultraglobalist description.

Like I said, Star Trek way should be better. Accepting of all cultures and peoples and recognizing that we are all different. But there is a superculture of acceptance and altruism that all cultures are expected to participate in who are part of the UFP.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 02:19 AM