KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » 1/8/2018 - #4A (Ranking FOUR, Round ONE) - Most Powerful Tournament - VOTE!

Who is #4? Write your response in the comments below in order for it to be counted.
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
VALKORION -- comment below who you selected for it to be counted. 10 35.71%
DARTH NIHILUS -- comment below who you selected for it to be counted. 1 3.57%
YODA -- comment below who you selected for it to be counted. 17 60.71%
DARTH PLAGUEIS -- comment below who you selected for it to be counted. 0 0%
UNUTHUL -- comment below who you selected for it to be counted. 0 0%
OTHER -- comment below who you selected for it to be counted. 0 0%
Total: 28 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

1/8/2018 - #4A (Ranking FOUR, Round ONE) - Most Powerful Tournament - VOTE!
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AncientPower
I edited. He does it twice in succession but the second time isn't in Outlander's mind.

Where? Do you have a link to the instance?

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 02:19 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

https://youtu.be/hpcV7IHUrIs

He first appears normally, and has a conversation with the Outlander. Then when they react he freezes them.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 02:26 PM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by Nephthys
Even if we think he's far stronger than Arcann, Yoda's fighting style doesn't rely on power since he's usually airborne when attacking. He'd need to be attacking his ankles to actually have leverage on his attacks. And Valkorion was casually blocking Arcann anyway, Yoda shouldn't be that much of an issue. Plus Yoda's speed isn't too much for Valkorion to handle. He should be as fast or faster than Revan who is well within the range of handling Yoda's speed and Valkorion can supplement his speed with his teleportation and slowed time perception. If Yoda pressures his barrier he can teleport away. If Yoda is too fast he can slow time.

I have no idea what you're talking about. The force of Yoda's blows have made Dooku buckle, and the Count's fought off some pretty strong adversaries.

Case for Revan being "well within" Yoda's speed? I'm not sure what you define that as.

quote:
They aren't ones that require much effort either. Teleportation can be done instantly with no apparent strain and so too for Valkorions time stop ability. He can do it instantly even in the midst of lightsaber swings and shows no problem with maintaining it for long periods.

Once again, I'm skeptical of teleportation because it just hasn't made a difference in the vast majority of SW fights where it's been in play. Normally teleportation doesn't seem to be straining (see Jadus, An'ya Kuro, etc), yet characters clearly appear to have limited applications of it, especially in a fight. I don't see why it's an exception here. History literally shows us that it's not a get out of jail free card.

As for "in the midst of lightsaber swings", I have no idea why you think that's impressive. That's against opponents far slower than Yoda. If I swung a baseball bat slowly enough, I'm sure you could take the rubbish bin out and back before I finished swinging. It's all relative. I'd like to see him doing it in the midst of Yoda's swings.

quote:
That's pedantic. I was just using the term time stop because its easier to say than "his ability to slow his perception of time to a crawl such that even powerful force users are frozen statues". Valkorion "stopped time" on the midst of combat most of the time. He did it in the middle of combat against Arcann, Heskal and in the middle of Lana getting attacked. All right in the middle of attacks. In fact with Heskal the Outlander was able to move in time stop, suggesting the ability is even more powerful than just perception manipulation. And if you accept Valkorions power you attack Heskal still in time stop.

Between those 3 abilities Yoda has no hope of reaching Valkorion with his blade. He can only hope to win a Force contest in which he's hopeless outmatched.

The extra fluff about frozen statues is irrelevant. Obviously if you slow down someone's perception of time people are going to look slow/motionless to you.

Regardless, it seems that unless Yoda is hosting Valkorion's spirit, his perceptions of time won't be affected (surely someone with more power than Valkorion would be exempt from it in the same way as with any other Force power, too).

As for Heskal, what do you mean? How is that different from DS you attacking Arcann after accepting Valkorion's power? It just means the entire conversation with Valkorion takes place in an instant.

If his powers were anything like what you suggest, he'd have just frozen time and killed both Arcann and the Outlander together in Chapter 1. Surely he wouldn't even need to have the Outlander around or indulge Arcann's many swings?

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 02:28 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Why would Valkorion slow Yoda's perceptions, lol. He'd slow his own in order to properly react to the attack.

Also I posted the Heskal video. You attack him in time stop without him moving a muscle.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 02:30 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

As Yoda is ~Anakin, and can better deal with Valk's TP, Yoda wins, yeah.'

And as this vote should make obvious, a Yoda vs Anakin run off would have generated better discussion/debate.

Anyway, I eagerly anticipate Mace's arrival next round.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 02:31 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

https://youtu.be/hpcV7IHUrIs

He first appears normally, and has a conversation with the Outlander. Then when they react he freezes them.

I don't see it anywhere and I'm eight minutes in. Where's it supposed to be?

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 02:34 PM
cs_zoltan

Originally posted by SunRazer
In Sel's post? There's about as many special characters as there've been incidents of Valkorion actually stopping time.

She used a f-ucked up apostrophe.

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 02:34 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Despite the fact Valk's feats are easily superior. Mkay.

What does Valk have that's easily superior to Plagy telepathically reaching out to every being in the galaxy?

Once you've answered that, we get to TPM palps, and once you've dealt with that we'll consider Valk vs Yoda.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 02:35 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Nova, stop wasting your time on AP, Nephtard and that Nadd guy

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 02:36 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Yeah I don't see the big deal about teleportation when you can already move around the battlefield under a second with force speed.

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 02:38 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Teleporting hastens the process of walking into someone's lightsaber Zolt. Saves a bit of time for the inevitable.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 02:41 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Why would Valkorion slow Yoda's perceptions, lol. He'd slow his own in order to properly react to the attack.

Every Force user already sees things in slow motion relative to their own combat speed, lol. There's no external difference when Valkorion uses his power. Hence I'm of the belief that he won't even attempt to use it in combat, as he knows it's useless here.

Based on precedent, Valkorion's ability to affect perceptions is purely for exchanging thoughts with his host, not external attacks. There's no difference.

quote:
Also I posted the Heskal video. You attack him in time stop without him moving a muscle.

Not really. You accept Valkorion's power without time changing. By the time there's an actual attack, time has gone back to normal.

Which is natural for something that doesn't actually affect time. thumb up

Last edited by SunRazer on Jan 9th, 2018 at 02:48 PM

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 02:43 PM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
What does Valk have that's easily superior to Plagy telepathically reaching out to every being in the galaxy?

Once you've answered that, we get to TPM palps, and once you've dealt with that we'll consider Valk vs Yoda.

Plagueis tried and failed. erm

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I don't see it anywhere and I'm eight minutes in. Where's it supposed to be?

Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by cs_zoltan
She used a f-ucked up apostrophe.

Ah, right.

SunRazer
Back From The Dead

That's on your video, which I've just looked at. AP's one doesn't even go up to twenty minutes.

Anyway, I watched all of AP's video and I didn't see it once. He's affecting his host's psyche, that's it. Completely useless in an external battle.

It's late now. Gotta be off, but it's been good knowing that Valkorion's "time stoppage" won't ever be used in combat, as it's not even a combat power. lol

Last edited by SunRazer on Jan 9th, 2018 at 02:47 PM

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 02:44 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I have no idea what you're talking about. The force of Yoda's blows have made Dooku buckle, and the Count's fought off some pretty strong adversaries.

Case for Revan being "well within" Yoda's speed? I'm not sure what you define that as.

If Yoda's in midair he won't be able to properly put pressure on Valkorions barrier since he won't have anything to press back against and it'll do little. Also Arcann's overpowered people like the Wrath who's immensely strong.

Revan's had extensive fights against groups of extremely fast individuals. As has been recently pointed out even Marr was capable of moving so fast he appeared to teleport to Darth Lachris. Yet Revan was keeping up with a BM-amped Marr plus 6 other powerful combatants including the protagonist. Plus theres the fact that novel Revan had an entire duel with Vitiate inside of a few seconds. Both Revan and Valkorion grew immensely in power after that point.

Once again, I'm skeptical of teleportation because it just hasn't made a difference in the vast majority of SW fights where it's been in play. Normally teleportation doesn't seem to be straining (see Jadus, An'ya Kuro, etc), yet characters clearly appear to have limited applications of it, especially in a fight. I don't see why it's an exception here. History literally shows us that it's not a get out of jail free card.

As for "in the midst of lightsaber swings", I have no idea why you think that's impressive. That's against opponents far slower than Yoda. If I swung a baseball bat slowly enough, I'm sure you could take the rubbish bin out and back before I finished swinging. It's all relative. I'd like to see him doing it in the midst of Yoda's swings.

Teleportation would only be used to create distance to maintain a Force fight or if Yoda is actually pressuring him with his lightsaber (which itself is unlikely). Such a trivial application of it is easily within the bounds of the ability, which has been used far more practically. Revan uses it in the midst of pitched battle easily.

You were suggesting that its not an ability that can be used quickly. But it is, it can be used as quickly as any other power. Valkorions own immense speed and reaction time mean that he'd be more than capable of using it against Yoda.

The extra fluff about frozen statues is irrelevant. Obviously if you slow down someone's perception of time people are going to look slow/motionless to you.

Regardless, it seems that unless Yoda is hosting Valkorion's spirit, his perceptions of time won't be affected (surely someone with more power than Valkorion would be exempt from it in the same way as with any other Force power, too).

As for Heskal, what do you mean? How is that different from DS you attacking Arcann after accepting Valkorion's power? It just means the entire conversation with Valkorion takes place in an instant.

If his powers were anything like what you suggest, he'd have just frozen time and killed both Arcann and the Outlander together in Chapter 1. Surely he wouldn't even need to have the Outlander around or indulge Arcann's many swings?

Gosh, if only I had actually just said that. Thanks for explain that for me, I hadn't quite got it.

As I said, I'm purely arguing for its use in supplementing Valkorions own reaction time to deal with Yoda's supposedly superior speed.

It means that he can both move and attack in stopped time, or at the very least he can attack at the exact instant he resumes regular time such that its indistinguishable.

Of course he could have easily killed Arcann and the Outlander in Chapter 1. The whole point was that he wasn't taking it seriously and got surprised. AP and I already proved that Valkorion can both use his power (charge it, manipulate it etc) and attack in stopped time.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 02:55 PM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Charles Boyd states he manufactured his death in KOTFE.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 02:57 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Maybe if she became some TOR operation boss who could "threaten the galaxy" if she was released but ends up losing to the main cast by having a bowling pin dropped on her head then they'll afford her the same privilege. thumb up
laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 03:03 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Ah, right.
Quick quoting gets around it.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 03:05 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote