KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thor vs Superman (Again)

Thor vs Superman (Again)
Started by: Damborgson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

so it's not a slugfest or just h2h? thor can use mjolnir fully? thor wins. starting distance alone would make this tough for superman. even in close, with equal speed the hammer blows would have more effect than superman's punches imo. not to mention the variety of energy attacks thor could call up. he could charge and throw the hammer for an opening as well, and land multiple lightning strikes. with full use of power and equal speed, this is thor's to lose imo. and i DO see speed as the single biggest factor in any fight between them. take that from superman and i like thor here.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 08:43 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
That would be pretty dumb since I'm assuming Thor isn't limited to using Mjolnir to h2h.

Any type of energy attack from Superman, especially with speed equalized would lead to him instantly being energy drained in a feedback loop he wouldn't be able to escape from.

Out of curiosity, why would absorbing, increasing 10-fold and blasting back heat-vision increase Superman's power? We've seen multiple times that heat-vision hurts other Kryptonian's and doesn't power them up unless that's changed? Maybe it's an inconsistency but I'm assuming heat-vision is a byproduct of Superman metabolizing Solar Energy and not actually yellow-sunlight. Of course, Thor could just as easily transform it into another form of energy when he blasts him back.

He's been hurt by other solar based attacks from other characters, as far back as the Byrne era. But it also made him stronger, according to Superman himself.. That's how he defeated Rampage, the DC She Hulk with a mohawk, by grabbing onto her and absorbing the solar energy that Hulked her out. And he's been charged by solar based blasts and such (It hurt him, staggered him, but made him stronger.)

No real reason HV should be any different, seeing it's just solar energy.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Jan 9th, 2018 at 08:53 PM

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 08:51 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Then how does he shave

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 08:53 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Then how does he shave

With hv.

Just because it amps him doesn't mean it amps up his whiskers. stick out tongue

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 08:54 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by leonidas
so it's not a slugfest or just h2h? thor can use mjolnir fully? thor wins. starting distance alone would make this tough for superman. even in close, with equal speed the hammer blows would have more effect than superman's punches imo. not to mention the variety of energy attacks thor could call up. he could charge and throw the hammer for an opening as well, and land multiple lightning strikes. with full use of power and equal speed, this is thor's to lose imo. and i DO see speed as the single biggest factor in any fight between them. take that from superman and i like thor here.

But WOULD he?

There's a difference between PIS and CIS. Resorting to a portal is usually his go-to if the stakes are high, or he admits he just isn't up to snuff.

Against Hulk, there's times he tucked that hammer in his belt, because he's a god and wants to beat a mortal with his bare hands.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 08:57 PM
JBL
Wrestling God

Prime HV didn't amp him in the slightest. Could have removed his head though.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 09:03 PM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by cdtm
But WOULD he?

There's a difference between PIS and CIS. Resorting to a portal is usually his go-to if the stakes are high, or he admits he just isn't up to snuff.

Against Hulk, there's times he tucked that hammer in his belt, because he's a god and wants to beat a mortal with his bare hands.

well, if supes uses hv, not reason why thor wouldn't result to hammer tricks. he's not stupid either. if he gets hit a couple times he'd know he best start using the hammer. he could bfr, absolutely. but it's not his only option in this fight. i don't see him fighting h2h alone if he realizes it's a fight he'd lose. that would just be dumb. /shrug

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 09:29 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

He's been hurt by other solar based attacks from other characters, as far back as the Byrne era. But it also made him stronger, according to Superman himself.. That's how he defeated Rampage, the DC She Hulk with a mohawk, by grabbing onto her and absorbing the solar energy that Hulked her out. And he's been charged by solar based blasts and such (It hurt him, staggered him, but made him stronger.)

The problem with heat vision is that it's solar energy comes in the form of heat AND force. The force can and has hurt him, but there's no reason why the actual heat part wouldn't buff him either.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 09:45 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

well, if supes uses hv, not reason why thor wouldn't result to hammer tricks. he's not stupid either. if he gets hit a couple times he'd know he best start using the hammer. he could bfr, absolutely. but it's not his only option in this fight. i don't see him fighting h2h alone if he realizes it's a fight he'd lose. that would just be dumb. /shrug
It's not a matter of wanting it, though. Superman would logically do exactly this at the start, with common knowledge of Mjolnir:
https://i.imgur.com/cenrryD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nnw1UjN.jpg
And then this towards the sun:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/6PuUsNKymH4/maxresdefault.jpg

...and the match is done.
He could lobotomize him along the way, if he wishes. Or freeze his insides [with a kiss, because he's a romantic]
Superman's flight hasn't been removed, he'll be over Thor before he can think "Hmm...which one of my 100 powers should I employ?". There's no prep here, Thor doesn't have 1 minute before the fight to think what he will do. He is teleported there with common knowledge, and Superman is instantly on him, doing what he wants.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Jan 9th, 2018 at 10:01 PM

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 09:53 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

but from a standard starting distance the relative time thor has to prepare and meet the blitz would be the same as if you and i were dropped into a bf and told to go. so while supes is blitzing, thor, unlike in the scene you showed, would have time to bat him away, spin the hammer, or just throw it. at normal speeds for both, i agree 100%, thor can't win. but in this case where they have equal speed over a lengthy starting distance, a blitz won't work for superman since thor can and would react to it, no?

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 10:05 PM
cdtm

Superman doesn't have a speed advantage though.

Thor can block hv with Mjolnir.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 10:06 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Mjolnir wins

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 10:19 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

but from a standard starting distance the relative time thor has to prepare and meet the blitz would be the same as if you and i were dropped into a bf and told to go. so while supes is blitzing, thor, unlike in the scene you showed, would have time to bat him away, spin the hammer, or just throw it. at normal speeds for both, i agree 100%, thor can't win. but in this case where they have equal speed over a lengthy starting distance, a blitz won't work for superman since thor can and would react to it, no?
It's not quite the same as you and I, only if you allow me the ability to fly at whatever speed I want from the other side of the field.

I'm not sure what Damborg's intent is here, but equivalent in speed supposedly means that...Superman is brought down to Thor's level, which is let's say for argument's sake Wolverine/Cap tier [i.e. accurate, lol]. Or are they human level?
Anyway, for the sake of the argument let's assume the former. Now, match starts, and Superman starts flying towards him.

If Cap would have Superman flying speed, it means that he can close the distance as fast as he wants - or better said, as fast as his reaction/perception time now allows, without crashing into Thor because he doesn't perceive when to stop. Though the image of Superman slamming into Thor and KOing him because he couldn't perceive when to stop is hilarious, I'd think, given that real world pilots fly at mach speeds, that he'd be able to handle at least that flight speed [they're in open air space, Supes has to do so over 500m, so it evens out]. So it would take minimal time to cover the distance to Thor, time in which he'd have to shuffle a shitload of abilities and pick the optimal one. Superman all he has is "I can punch and fly, remove Mjolnir", so his 'buffering' is much lower in terms of options.

What's the chances, especially a majority of time, that in the small time frame before Superman covers the distance and overwhelms him, Thor thinks EXACTLY the right thing to do, in the exact manner that he has to do it? The first instinct would be to try and swing the hammer, which Superman has already been shown to palm anyway. Then lightning I'd say would be the second, which even assuming is instant, would do shit to Superman. But portals to red suns, when he's JUST been given common knowledge at the start of the fight? Yeah, people are starting to get into "I control him" tourney shit, when it's not logical. There is no pre-fight prep, even as far as thinking strategies. Once Clark closes the distance, he does what I posted above.

At least imo.

Last edited by Philosophía on Jan 9th, 2018 at 10:34 PM

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 10:20 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

Originally posted by -Pr-
The problem with heat vision is that it's solar energy comes in the form of heat AND force. The force can and has hurt him, but there's no reason why the actual heat part wouldn't buff him either.
So superman, supergirl and Zod can just shoot each other with hv and power each other up??

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 10:49 PM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

the idea of countin bfr as a win is pathetic, let's avoid fightin by sendin opponents to a different place instead of me runnin away.

also superman fingers thor in the butthole

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 11:00 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

I like how crossovers are being used to protect superman, yet cannot be used to say he loses. If speed is equal, that kills a lot of arguments about Thor getting blitzed. Funny how superman can do all those things and Thor can do nothing but get his hammer Palmed.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 11:11 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Every time I've seen Superman hit by Heat Vision, he's been hurt. Your argument isn't making sense to me.

I'm sure there are occurrences of solar energy based attacks powering him up but I've never seen this with heat vision. That seems to be a pretty big leap, especially since we've seen for example, heat vision for Prime going right through his hand or shoulder, Zod's heat vision etc.

Originally posted by Philosophía
It's not quite the same as you and I, only if you allow me the ability to fly at whatever speed I want from the other side of the field.

I'm not sure what Damborg's intent is here, but equivalent in speed supposedly means that...Superman is brought down to Thor's level, which is let's say for argument's sake Wolverine/Cap tier [i.e. accurate, lol]. Or are they human level?
Anyway, for the sake of the argument let's assume the former. Now, match starts, and Superman starts flying towards him.

If Cap would have Superman flying speed, it means that he can close the distance as fast as he wants - or better said, as fast as his reaction/perception time now allows, without crashing into Thor because he doesn't perceive when to stop. Though the image of Superman slamming into Thor and KOing him because he couldn't perceive when to stop is hilarious, I'd think, given that real world pilots fly at mach speeds, that he'd be able to handle at least that flight speed [they're in open air space, Supes has to do so over 500m, so it evens out]. So it would take minimal time to cover the distance to Thor, time in which he'd have to shuffle a shitload of abilities and pick the optimal one. Superman all he has is "I can punch and fly, remove Mjolnir", so his 'buffering' is much lower in terms of options.

What's the chances, especially a majority of time, that in the small time frame before Superman covers the distance and overwhelms him, Thor thinks EXACTLY the right thing to do, in the exact manner that he has to do it? The first instinct would be to try and swing the hammer, which Superman has already been shown to palm anyway. Then lightning I'd say would be the second, which even assuming is instant, would do shit to Superman. But portals to red suns, when he's JUST been given common knowledge at the start of the fight? Yeah, people are starting to get into "I control him" tourney shit, when it's not logical. There is no pre-fight prep, even as far as thinking strategies. Once Clark closes the distance, he does what I posted above.

At least imo.

So in your scenario, Superman casually palms Mjolnir and shrugs off lightning as powerful as Thor's?

Speed is equalized. Thor doesn't need buffering to figure out that Superman is going to fly in and punch him and how to counter...

Originally posted by Philosophía
It's not a matter of wanting it, though. Superman would logically do exactly this at the start, with common knowledge of Mjolnir:
https://i.imgur.com/cenrryD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nnw1UjN.jpg
And then this towards the sun:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/6PuUsNKymH4/maxresdefault.jpg

He could lobotomize him along the way, if he wishes. Or freeze his insides [with a kiss, because he's a romantic]
Superman's flight hasn't been removed, he'll be over Thor before he can think "Hmm...which one of my 100 powers should I employ?". There's no prep here, Thor doesn't have 1 minute before the fight to think what he will do. He is teleported there with common knowledge, and Superman is instantly on him, doing what he wants.

Is Superman going to be throwing debris at Thor while he's protecting a mortal female, thinks Superman is an ally that's losing his mind, and Thor's actively holding back?

Your argument is making a few wild leaps in favor of Superman and ignoring that speed is equalized. Thor doesn't need to be a calculating genius to figure out that energy attacks, AOE attacks, energy drain and so on would be optimal to keep Superman at bay or f*ck him up.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 11:55 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Originally posted by JBL
I like how crossovers are being used to protect superman, yet cannot be used to say he loses. If speed is equal, that kills a lot of arguments about Thor getting blitzed. Funny how superman can do all those things and Thor can do nothing but get his hammer Palmed.

You’re the one who keeps referring back to it

Using the crossover, Superman wins. The crossover didn’t show Superman using his superior speed to win. It flat out showed Superman stop Thor’s attack and then Superman knocking Thor out with one punch. Whichever way you try to use the crossover, the outcome of the match is what he authors showed on panel. It’s not about your silly little observations or interpretation of the respect the authors needed to or wanted to show to Thor. No crossover event will show Thor or Hulk besting Superman. DC wouldn’t easily accept that unless under specific circumstances.

Stop using the crossover, it only helps Superman.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 12:03 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Every time I've seen Superman hit by Heat Vision, he's been hurt. Your argument isn't making sense to me.

I'm sure there are occurrences of solar energy based attacks powering him up but I've never seen this with heat vision.

(please log in to view the image)

You learned something new today.

thumb up

Speed is equalized. Thor doesn't need buffering to figure out that Superman is going to fly in and punch him and how to counter...
Let leo handle this, I'd rather this discussion keeps its intellect.

Is Superman going to be throwing debris at Thor while he's protecting a mortal female, thinks Superman is an ally that's losing his mind, and Thor's actively holding back?
Thor is actively holding back the grip on his hammer?

I lol'd in real life at how retarded you are.

I'm struggling between shitting on your for pages, or having a serious talk with leo.

I'll stick with the latter.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 12:07 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

quote:
He could lobotomize him along the way, if he wishes. Or freeze his insides [with a kiss, because he's a romantic

quote:
But portals to red suns, when he's JUST been given common knowledge at the start of the fight? Yeah, people are starting to get into "I control him" tourney shit, when it's not logical. There is no pre-fight prep, even as far as thinking strategies.

Let's stop being ridiculous and assume Thor will use his exotic power set to beat the shit out of Superman. It's far more plausible for Superman to speed blitz Thor because he needs times more time to think of a strategy (Ignoring that he's incredibly experienced at fighting energy-charged based opponents and flying bricks) and then freeze his insides, and lobotomize

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 12:08 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote