KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thor vs Superman (Again)

Thor vs Superman (Again)
Started by: Damborgson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Master

Why do people keep mentioning blitzing when the OP said "Speed equalized"?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 12:11 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
Why do people keep mentioning blitzing when the OP said "Speed equalized"?

Ageeed.

Thor needs the advantage.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 12:41 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Philosophia
It's not quite the same as you and I, only if you allow me the ability to fly at whatever speed I want from the other side of the field.

I'm not sure what Damborg's intent is here, but equivalent in speed supposedly means that...Superman is brought down to Thor's level, which is let's say for argument's sake Wolverine/Cap tier [i.e. accurate, lol]. Or are they human level?
Anyway, for the sake of the argument let's assume the former. Now, match starts, and Superman starts flying towards him.

If Cap would have Superman flying speed, it means that he can close the distance as fast as he wants - or better said, as fast as his reaction/perception time now allows, without crashing into Thor because he doesn't perceive when to stop. Though the image of Superman slamming into Thor and KOing him because he couldn't perceive when to stop is hilarious, I'd think, given that real world pilots fly at mach speeds, that he'd be able to handle at least that flight speed [they're in open air space, Supes has to do so over 500m, so it evens out]. So it would take minimal time to cover the distance to Thor, time in which he'd have to shuffle a shitload of abilities and pick the optimal one. Superman all he has is "I can punch and fly, remove Mjolnir", so his 'buffering' is much lower in terms of options.

What's the chances, especially a majority of time, that in the small time frame before Superman covers the distance and overwhelms him, Thor thinks EXACTLY the right thing to do, in the exact manner that he has to do it? The first instinct would be to try and swing the hammer, which Superman has already been shown to palm anyway. Then lightning I'd say would be the second, which even assuming is instant, would do shit to Superman. But portals to red suns, when he's JUST been given common knowledge at the start of the fight? Yeah, people are starting to get into "I control him" tourney shit, when it's not logical. There is no pre-fight prep, even as far as thinking strategies. Once Clark closes the distance, he does what I posted above.

At least imo.

hmm, ok. the reason i said it would be the same as you and i is because like us, they would have the same relative amount of time to perceive and react to each other. now, i'm not sure thor would need (or be likely to perform) anything exotic here at all. their relative reaction/perceptual speeds are identical, so that means superman would be equally susceptible to an attack from thor, only in your scenario he isn't really doing....anything. he's just standing there, getting ready to receive a blitz--a blitz he would absolutely be able to see coming and react to in borg's thread. now, it's true supes HAS caught the hammer, but in THIS case he'd need to do it WHILE BLITZING. i don't see that happening. while he's blitzing, thor could also throw the hammer, and again, i really don't see him catching a thrown hammer--in fact using the same x-over you referenced, we saw what a hammer throw could do to him--and even if he isn't susceptible to the magic, it would still do some real damage and halt the blitz before it ever reached him.

or, even more likely, he waits for superman to get in close and just...smashes him with the hammer. again, i don't see a blitzing superman being able to stop it like he did in the past. maybe he could dodge, or avoid it, but then his blitz is also negated and it comes down to a more basic fight where the hammer is the difference imo.

in a situation where thor can react to and counter a blitz, i think a blitz from superman is...not his best move tbh. he could try and blitz while blasting hv, but thor could spin his hammer as a shield, blocking both the hv AND the blitz at the same time, and spinning often leads to a portal being opened to some wasteland somewhere or other.

freeze breath might be a better option, but i'm not sure that is exactly his go-to move. it might hold long enough to get him a win though unless thor spun the hammer and drove the breath back or around him.

i think in this situation it really favors thor. i mean one has a crazy uber weapon, and the other doesn't. even if supes is stronger, the hammer makes up the difference in striking power and the longer supes lasts, the more likely thor is to go exotic. least imo.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 01:48 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by cdtm
Ageeed.

Thor needs the advantage.

definitely. in a forum setting, speed is basically an insurmountable advantage. /shrug

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 01:49 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Does this thread really need to exist?

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 02:18 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Does this thread really need to exist?

I have a headache while trying to read it, and it's making the headache worse, so probably not.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 02:23 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I know that crossovers don't count here, but Superman showed a level of strength comparable to Zeus when he palmed that hammer strike. Thor even commented on how none in all 9 realms could do so, well at least until Rulk did it again. But, at that point in time, Superman showed superior strength to Thor. This has to factor in someplace here right? Anyways I think Superman takes this even while fighting at Thor's speed, or Thor fighting at his speed. Tough fight, but Superman probably eventually wins this.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 02:53 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Sorry if I was unclear guys. I'm equalizing the fighters to Thor's speed in the interest of avoiding the speed blitz FTW argument. Superman can still fly and whatnot but now he's not operating at these levels.

(please log in to view the image)

Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman doesn't needs speed to beat the shit out of Thor.

He needs it to avoid eating hammer though, he's going to get a lot more of this now:

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...vssuperman5.jpg

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 03:42 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Damborgson
Sorry if I was unclear guys. I'm equalizing the fighters to Thor's speed in the interest of avoiding the speed blitz FTW argument. Superman can still fly and whatnot but now he's not operating at these levels.

(please log in to view the image)

He needs it to avoid eating hammer though, he's going to get a lot more of this now:

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...vssuperman5.jpg

Without magic weakness crutch to discuss? Superman can take as many hammer shots as Thor can dish.

Thor isn't winning a physical fight with Superman.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 03:47 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Thor is the better fighter and his hammer would cave in his chest.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 03:49 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Without magic weakness crutch to discuss? Superman can take as many hammer shots as Thor can dish.

It's not a crutch, it's an actual legitimized 'vulnerability' he has. I'm gonna start calling the speed advantage a crutch.

Thor packs about 100 other abilities that don't require him to win a physical fight with Superman.

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 03:52 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

It's not a crutch, it's an actual legitimized 'vulnerability' he has. I'm gonna start calling the speed advantage a crutch.

Thor packs about 100 other abilities that don't require him to win a physical fight with Superman.
thumb up

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 03:53 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

I love how the crossover keeps showing up, no matter what.

Palpable desperation.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 04:21 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

Are you on drugs abhil? Superman will not take hammer shots from Thor. Stop being crazy abhil. I tell you this because I'm going to spare you and only you when I put up my video.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 04:31 AM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

....what video?

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 04:51 AM
JBL
Wrestling God

....what video?
Me my son and 2 of my imaginary writer friends laughing as my son reads some replies from certain superman fans. My son asks them questions, it'll be fun. Carver will laugh his ass off.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 05:03 AM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

For Thor fans, it is. Magic weakness rarely affects Superman's fights with herald level beings.

CIS off doesn't means you are controlling the character. Thor isn't suddenly using abilities he hasn't used in decades.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 05:34 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by krisblaze
I love how the crossover keeps showing up, no matter what.

Palpable desperation.

Yeah, let's forget the official crossover from the companies and draw our own conclusion which is more official than the crossover.

Originally posted by JBL
Are you on drugs abhil? Superman will not take hammer shots from Thor. Stop being crazy abhil. I tell you this because I'm going to spare you and only you when I put up my video.

Why would anyone be on drugs to say Superman can take mjolnir shots from Thor without magic weakness?

Oh its you.
....what video?

You had to ask.
Originally posted by JBL
Me my son and 2 of my imaginary writer friends laughing as my son reads some replies from certain superman fans. My son asks them questions, it'll be fun. Carver will laugh his ass off.

laughing out loud

Don't forget to post the imaginary link of the imaginary video.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 05:38 AM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

For Thor fans, it is. Magic weakness rarely affects Superman's fights with herald level beings.

CIS off doesn't means you are controlling the character. Thor isn't suddenly using abilities he hasn't used in decades.

It's done it plenty though, the intention is clear.

https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qi...1426027e645c36f

https://static.comicvine.com/upload..._viking_001.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...atman+03-17.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/if3jfNf.png

No, but he also doesn't run into heat vision. More lightning, more absorption, more range, more things that let him steal wins off Superman.

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 06:20 AM
krisblaze

Steal wins?

Superman has nothing here.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 06:43 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote