KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thor vs Superman (Again)

Thor vs Superman (Again)
Started by: Damborgson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 7 8 [9]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthgoober

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
He's also arguing what "he" would do, with those powers.

Norrin would hardly put a radioactive death sentence in someone's head. No more then he'd give someone cancer.

Norrin's not above going pretty hardcore when pressed. He's traveled into the past to prevent an opponent from ever being born, atomized them, eaten them and then spit them into an active volcano, and outright turned them to stone.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 08:23 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Personally I don't see how speed is going to be that much of an issue here given that equalized speed is stipulated in the OP. Even if we say that Supes still has his normal flight speed it's going to be dangerous for him to do an all out bullrush if one considers his speed to be that far ahead of Thor's. If he just blast off at multples of the speed of light and Thor goes for a baseball swing with his hammer, would he actually be able to avoid it? He'd only be able to if we considered Thor to be able to and if Thor's really got that level of speed and reactions, how would it be an issue at all?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 08:29 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Damborgson
You go ahead and quote where I said magic was an auto win. I said it was a vulnerability, you said it wasn't. I showed you why that's not true.

I never said magic wasn't a vulnerability.
quote:

We might be having a language barrier though. A lot of your response didn't synch up. I will say this one last time: For purposes of the thread, Superman has the same speed as Thor. So unless you think Thor is so fast he can vibrate someone's heart out, what you're saying it not making sense lol.

Superman has blitzed people who have same speed as him due to his experience.

What's so hard to understand about it?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 03:16 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by abhilegend
I never said magic wasn't a vulnerability.

Superman has blitzed people who have same speed as him due to his experience.

What's so hard to understand about it?

Originally posted by Damborgson
It's not a crutch, it's an actual legitimized 'vulnerability' he has.

Originally posted by abhilegend
For Thor fans, it is.

erm Implying that for other's it isn't.

And if you do agree, what are you arguing lol?

I don't know, you tell me. I said Superman has the same speed as Thor and you said he'd pull his heart out by going intangible.

And laughing out loud

Superman's going to blitz Thor, because he has more experience than Thor, at Thor's OWN SPEED? For someone who claimed Superman doesn't need speed to beat Superman, you're sure dong a bad job of proving it bruh.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 05:02 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Throwin Mjolnir and letting it fight for him.....on panel, he has admitted it has never flown for him like it does for Jane.

So no, that ain't happening (assuming it's male Thor).

So that alone shows that....well, you DID talk about your intelligence, lol. But you're trying the one tactic that would probably not work lmao.

Hes shown that Mjlonir can zip around fighting targets. With that said, are we in agreement that Thor unleashes Mjlonir on Superman and let it beat him into a pulp while he is on the side lines dishing out lightning bolts and hurricanes strong enough to hurt a being that juggle planets? This should be in the realm of something Thor can do, right? We are ignoring what happens in comics and is debating primarily off of a character capabilities. I don't think Thor is too dumb to not think of this tactic. With that said, we agree that Thor pulls a 10/10 and easily?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 06:08 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by carver9
Hes shown that Mjlonir can zip around fighting targets. With that said, are we in agreement that Thor unleashes Mjlonir on Superman and let it beat him into a pulp while he is on the side lines dishing out lightning bolts and hurricanes strong enough to hurt a being that juggle planets? This should be in the realm of something Thor can do, right? We are ignoring what happens in comics and is debating primarily off of a character capabilities. I don't think Thor is too dumb to not think of this tactic. With that said, we agree that Thor pulls a 10/10 and easily?

But like I said before, this ignores the characters.

Again, you seem to have ignored my question. Answer it first, please.

Why would a slower character tag a faster, if not pis?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 08:37 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
But like I said before, this ignores the characters.

Again, you seem to have ignored my question. Answer it first, please.

Why would a slower character tag a faster, if not pis?

Lol... but isn't this what you are doing, ignoring the character? If the character gets hit 98% percent of the time but you are posting in this thread that he is unhittable, you're obviously ignoring the character.

Because Superman have to activate that portion of his power as shown here...

(please log in to view the image)

"Now that I sped up my perceptions to match Flash speed". You're question is like asking me why Surfer allows people to hit him when he can go intangible. Why Doctor Strange allows people to hit him when he can go Astral. Why Wonder Woman loses battles when she can just wrap you up during the beginning of the fight. How is Darkseid a challenge to Wonder Woman and Supergirl when they could beat him before he got his first breath.

Surfer vs Darkseid, who wins?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 02:34 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by carver9
Lol... but isn't this what you are doing, ignoring the character? If the character gets hit 98% percent of the time but you are posting in this thread that he is unhittable, you're obviously ignoring the character.

Because Superman have to activate that portion of his power as shown here...

"Now that I sped up my perceptions to match Flash speed". You're question is like asking me why Surfer allows people to hit him when he can go intangible. Why Doctor Strange allows people to hit him when he can go Astral. Why Wonder Woman loses battles when she can just wrap you up during the beginning of the fight. How is Darkseid a challenge to Wonder Woman and Supergirl when they could beat him before he got his first breath.

Surfer vs Darkseid, who wins?

So please, answer the question.

Firstly, you're using Superman and, of all people, Flash. Just because Superman had to speed his perceptions up to match Flash....doesn't mean he's slow against everyone else, lol.

Secondly, how quickly does it take to speed up to Flash? 1 second? A millisecond? The waitress' items haven't even moved, lol. Even the coffee from the mug has the exact same pattern. So why would your scan mean anything, in a logical sense? If Superman's perceptions can go from 0-1000 in an instant, isn't that the same as saying he always has it?

I mean, Flash has to speed his reactions up as well. When he talks to Iris, to Linda, to Batman, his normal human friends....he's at human level speed.

Doesn't mean he goes into battle at human speeds, does it?

Thirdly, yes, please answer the question - Why does Strange get hit? Why does FLASH get hit? Why doesn't Wonder Woman, with her strategic GoW hat on, just use her lasso?

In a comic? It makes it so much better fight scenes plot-wise. I think I am slowly helping you reach the answer, lol.

Why does everything have to devolve into a fistfight? It looks cool on paper.

Interesting, though, that you use THAT particular scene.

(please log in to view the image)

Your argument is basically, Superman ignores one of his powers in every comic fight, therefore, in a forum fight that he can win WITH that exact power, he won't use it. Just like Cho and that asteroid. When it came to saving the world, and saving his friends - he didn't use his full super strength. Not even 10% of it, actually.

Therefore, I can argue he doesn't use his full superstrength in a forum fight. Not even 10%. Agree?

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Jan 14th, 2018 at 03:02 PM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 02:56 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote