KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thanos Vs Superman, Captain Marvel & Wonder Woman

Thanos Vs Superman, Captain Marvel & Wonder Woman
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RealityWarper
Darksaint85 wins the most pointless debate in 2018.

*applause*
laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 10:58 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Stoic
Read his bio. Read all of their bios. All of the Heralds of Galactus were made that way for one purpose. To serve Galactus' needs. They can all travel at FTL speeds, and fight the pull of a black hole.

The Runner was stated as being able to move from one spot to the end of the universe in a moment. That was your question. it was answered. You didn't like it.

The same way that the Fallen One was cubed up, is the same way that he would cube up the DC side the moment that the match began. Thanos operates like that. It's in his character to do this. I've also explained just how strong his shields are in comparison to Captain America's shield, and can prove it.

Starting distance.

Blitz attempt

Force Cubed.

Dealt with one on one.

Extremely possible, and highly likely.

Thanos is also no longer land locked.

Bios aren’t canon.
And no bio states ALL heralds can pull out of a black hole.
Assuming they can, then that still doesn’t prove acceleration. A herald could spend a few seconds gaining speed to reach the necessary speed to escape.

You have to prove how fast he was going when he got blocked. Because traveling from a standstill to only a few meters away could give a speed less than bullet speed, even if you can reach FTP speeds in a few moments.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 11:26 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by h1a8
Bios aren’t canon.
And no bio states ALL heralds can pull out of a black hole.
Assuming they can, then that still doesn’t prove acceleration. A herald could spend a few seconds gaining speed to reach the necessary speed to escape.

You have to prove how fast he was going when he got blocked. Because traveling from a standstill to only a few meters away could give a speed less than bullet speed, even if you can reach FTP speeds in a few moments.

No. YOU have to prove that team DC can move any faster from a starting distance. And we all know how Galactus always builds his Heralds to fail, especially when he needs them to I don't know, GET HIS FOOD across the flipping Universe before he dies of starvation.

Critical thinking is something that would not allow for you to even launch these challenges H1.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 12:55 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Darksaint85 wins the most pointless debate in 2018.

*applause*

thumb up

Speed kills.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 01:00 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

No. YOU have to prove that team DC can move any faster from a starting distance. And we all know how Galactus always builds his Heralds to fail, especially when he needs them to I don't know, GET HIS FOOD across the flipping Universe before he dies of starvation.

Critical thinking is something that would not allow for you to even launch these challenges H1.

If one can accelerate to light speeds after 3 seconds of travel then it would take about 0.00045 seconds to travel 10 meters. So Thanos effectively reacted in 0.00045 seconds. Note: this wouldn’t contradict traveling many times the speed of light in a few moments. For example, with this acceleration, Fallen One can reach 20x light speed in 1 minute.

Superman has walked around, took off his tie, had lengthy conversation in the fraction of a nanosecond (0.000000001 s). Superman has traveled great distances before a millisecond has elapsed. This I proved his acceleration is way larger.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 04:07 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

Superman has NEVER blitzed anyone or anything at anywhere close to lightspeed.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 04:48 AM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by h1a8
If one can accelerate to light speeds after 3 seconds of travel then it would take about 0.00045 seconds to travel 10 meters. So Thanos effectively reacted in 0.00045 seconds. Note: this wouldn’t contradict traveling many times the speed of light in a few moments. For example, with this acceleration, Fallen One can reach 20x light speed in 1 minute.

Superman has walked around, took off his tie, had lengthy conversation in the fraction of a nanosecond (0.000000001 s). Superman has traveled great distances before a millisecond has elapsed. This I proved his acceleration is way larger.

Well it seems that Thanos reacted that fast then. Did you ever take time to think about the idea that Thanos uses telepathy? This to me would mean that he could read his opponents thoughts and react well before their brain sent signals to their muscles. This means that he would be able to react on time and put up a barrier, or a force cube trap. If he'd never done this, I'd never bring it up, but he has, and does on a regular basis.

On the other hand, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Captain Marvel usually fly in tell the villain to give up, and when that doesn't happen, they get down to it. Isn't that how they operate in character? The Fallen One was out for blood when he attempted to blitz Thanos.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 06:01 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by JBL
Superman has NEVER blitzed anyone or anything at anywhere close to lightspeed.

True

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 06:01 AM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

True

This is what happens when you argue from a purely power set perspective. You leave out the idea that the hero never intends on killing their opponent. Superman especially.

Last edited by Stoic on Jan 18th, 2018 at 07:23 AM

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 07:19 AM
DarkSaint85

Well then we will take you out of the equation and place the proper character into it. Thanos would know their intentions from the start. Plot allowed them to know Darkseid's intentions before he ever arrived. This is not what would happen here. In fact they probably wouldn't even attempt a blitz in character without plot to drive their emotional states. They would fight to the best of their abilities, but they wouldn't become the murderous bunch that you are attempt to paint them as.

General knowledge which they receive before the fight. Thanos is feared and hated throughout the Galaxy. Actually, make that the universe, and rightly so. He's not some no name villain with hidden agendas like Mr Oz, lol.

quote:

Thanos can fly it isn't a guess, and fly fast enough to keep pace with them as of now. This still never has to become a 3 on 1 pile on. No he can not match them punch for punch. Superman, Wonder Woman, and Captain Marvel can throw punches in bunches. He knows this just like we do. Darkseid is not Thanos, they have two different personalities and completely different agendas. You keep bringing plot into this while at the same time seem to desire to toss plot out.

So using an amped version.... because he hasn't shown able to keep pace whilst flying before this. Or has he? I'm open to proof.

I'm not throwing plot or bringing plot. Thanos is a villain, they're heroes, this is a thread where they're fighting each other. You keep throwing bios in, when if I wanted to, I could do the same.

Wisdom of Solomon. Wisdom of Athena (or whatever it is that WW has; I don't keep up). They'd know straight away. TP won't work, as I'm sure I could post scans of all three immune/highly resistant to TP. WW especially.

But I'm not bringing that in.

All I'm saying is, you're what, turning this into a comic fight. When this is a forum fight.

They both are incentivised to fight each other, agree? Superman isn't going to ask 'Hey, friend, are you lost? Do you require assistance?'

No. It's a fight. He knows who Thanos is, what he's done. So have the other two. General knowledge works for all, they know he's a dangerous opponent not to take lightly.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 10:21 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
General knowledge which they receive before the fight. Thanos is feared and hated throughout the Galaxy. Actually, make that the universe, and rightly so. He's not some no name villain with hidden agendas like Mr Oz, lol.

So using an amped version.... because he hasn't shown able to keep pace whilst flying before this. Or has he? I'm open to proof.

I'm not throwing plot or bringing plot. Thanos is a villain, they're heroes, this is a thread where they're fighting each other. You keep throwing bios in, when if I wanted to, I could do the same.

Wisdom of Solomon. Wisdom of Athena (or whatever it is that WW has; I don't keep up). They'd know straight away. TP won't work, as I'm sure I could post scans of all three immune/highly resistant to TP. WW especially.

But I'm not bringing that in.

All I'm saying is, you're what, turning this into a comic fight. When this is a forum fight.

They both are incentivised to fight each other, agree? Superman isn't going to ask 'Hey, friend, are you lost? Do you require assistance?'

No. It's a fight. He knows who Thanos is, what he's done. So have the other two. General knowledge works for all, they know he's a dangerous opponent not to take lightly. [/B]

Bios are fine in order to get a glimpse at what a characters powers are. H1 didn't seem to know what powers the Fallen one possessed. The very same Fallen One that was damaging Galactus.

I was using the most current version of the character. You didn't seem to have any problem with it from the beginning.

Superman still isn't out to kill., no matter which way you want to flip it.

They have general knowledge and will still get the force cube treatment.

Wisdom that will do them no good when they are cubed up.

Is Superman immune to TP? Besides who said anything about taking control of them?

And what happens if they do reach him? Thanos has taken a hit from an exploding super gas giant without sustaining more that torn garments. He's now even more powerful than he was then. Is Wonder Woman or Captain Marvel supposed to hit harder than Odin?

You were tossing aside what happens in comics or attempting to by saying that forum fights shouldn't be based on feats, or was that someone else that was talking about how writers aren't concerned with power levels, only sexy looking battles? I can agree with you up to an extent, but I'd never want to take such a hard stance when I have no idea what was on any particular writers mind.

None of them are immune to TP. resistant, but not immune. Unless Starro is a special case, or Eclipso for that matter. How about Max Lord? Or, are all of those times PIS? There are probably more as well Like KC Captain Marvel, but that may not count, even though he has the very same enchantments on him. And if it didn't work, it still doesn't negate the fact that they aren't one shotting him. To the contrary, Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel are light weights in comparison to current Thanos.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 12:03 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

You're bringing up irrelevant characters. Thanos has tools that they do not have. All of what you wrote was irrelevant based on the tools that he brings to this fight.

Please don't bring the Hulk or Thor into this, because I am not concerned about them. Thanos is in this not them. And if you missed it, the Hulk can not fly, Thanos can. I read and understood everything that you said. You on the other hand seem to have difficulty understanding that this is not about these other characters that you've decided to use as red herrings.

There is no double standard on my part, because I was never interested in arguing the Hulk, Thor, or Batman. Thanos vs Superman, Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel is the topic of discussion. Thanos has stopped a blitz attempt at a weaker level by a character capable of moving at FTL flight speeds before he ever connected with him. It is within his character to do this. He also has TP to allow for him to know their intent before they act on it. In character how many times have they begun with a blitz opposed to flying in and giving their opponent the choice to surrender. I mean if you really want to get down to it, you're arguing from a purely power set perspective, and are attempting to undermine my train of thought? Really? Just think about it for a second brother.

would the proofs of thanos's SPEED you have used to support the idea that thanos is FAST enough to keep up with these guys, be enough to support the idea that other characters with the same or BETTER speed feats are also FAST enough to keep up? not win, since they don't have thanos's offense--you don't need "tools" to not be a statue, just SPEED FEATS. would his SPEED FEATS transfer to others so we conuld conclude they wouldn't be statues? 's not that hard man... /shrug

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 01:12 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

Thanos had battled faster and stronger opponents than these 3.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 01:42 PM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by leonidas
's not that hard man... /shrug
lol

You don't know stoic, then.

He's easily top 3-5 of this forum, iykwim.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 04:51 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

would the proofs of thanos's SPEED you have used to support the idea that thanos is FAST enough to keep up with these guys, be enough to support the idea that other characters with the same or BETTER speed feats are also FAST enough to keep up? not win, since they don't have thanos's offense--you don't need "tools" to not be a statue, just SPEED FEATS. would his SPEED FEATS transfer to others so we conuld conclude they wouldn't be statues? 's not that hard man... /shrug

I'm basing my opinion strongly on Thanos' ability to defend against them, and trap them. This is something that I continue to mention. Right? Yes or No so that we can move past this.

I've never really gone into his offense as much, but I don't think that either Wonder Woman or Captain Marvel would be a physical threat to him at this point. I believe that if Despero was able to KO them, that Thanos at this level should easily also be able to. Then again perhaps you viewed that as a PIS moment, which would invalidate the showing in your mind, but not so much in some other persons mind. Right?

Just thinking about something here, Thanos and Thane were flying through planets, which resulted in knocking out the Champion of the Universe from the aftershock. This has me thinking that Thanos may actually be powerful enough to easily knock out Wonder Woman, and Captain Marvel. Not too sure about Superman. What are your thoughts?

As for his speed, Thane as a Phoenix Avatar can likely travel as fast or faster than the members on team DC. Unless we were to believe that he was holding back after we knew that he wanted to kill Thanos.

To fully answer you question. Thanos would not be a statue because as long as he were traveling along at the same rate of speed as they were, and not standing still. He could not match their punch output, but once again he has TOOLS, to even the score. What are your thoughts on this? Do you understand my meaning? This isn't hard man... /Shrug.

Originally posted by Philosophía
lol

You don't know stoic, then.

He's easily top 3-5 of this forum, iykwim.

Yeah we all know what you mean c u n t. Do you know what I mean?

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 05:46 PM
quanchi112
Disney

laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 05:48 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I wasn't able to complete my thought, I became distracted.

If Thanos were traveling at the same rate of speed as they were, they would not be able to make him seem as if he were a statue. Which is something that Batman, and the Hulk could not do. The only thing faster about them would be their punches. While this could be a hindrance to another character that did not have the TOOLS that Thanos brings to this fight (Force Cube Tech), it could be disastrous. This little fact nullifies anyone that took a hard stance on speed trumps all. This is after all what this is about right? Do you think that I'm keeping up with you yet man? Shrug/

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 05:58 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
laughing out loud

I wonder if real life John Constantine can beat Dionne... embarrasment

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 06:23 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Well it seems that Thanos reacted that fast then. Did you ever take time to think about the idea that Thanos uses telepathy? This to me would mean that he could read his opponents thoughts and react well before their brain sent signals to their muscles. This means that he would be able to react on time and put up a barrier, or a force cube trap. If he'd never done this, I'd never bring it up, but he has, and does on a regular basis.

On the other hand, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Captain Marvel usually fly in tell the villain to give up, and when that doesn't happen, they get down to it. Isn't that how they operate in character? The Fallen One was out for blood when he attempted to blitz Thanos.
Superman is far faster than this though. This is not a comic but a forum fight. Characters won’t be asking someone to give up as in a story. Fight is to ko or death. Characters know this in a forum fight.

Problem is we don’t know what Fallen Ones acceleration is. How long does it take for him to reach light speed? We have no showings to calculate. For all we know Thanos reacted in a half of a second.

Superman at least have feats of moving a particular distance in the first microsecond.

Finally, the ability to react doesn’t equal the ability to activate tp at the same time duration. Activating powers could take up to a second or more. And it’s impossible to tp someone you can’t keep track of because of their movement.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 06:26 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Superman does 1 billion sandwiches in one nanosecond and throw them at Dionne.

The latter dies from overfeeding.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 06:39 PM