KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Vader #10 - Summary and Link

Vader #10 - Summary and Link
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by relentless1
as far as this issue is concerned I think that im one of the few that actually liked and understood Vaders actions; remember him killing Fox is just the first in a long line of death-by-chokes that hes done to those who failed him; how is this any different from killing Ozzel for the small infraction of coming out of light speed too early??

And destroying the information on Force sensitives is exactly what young, freshly minted Vader would do... hes just lost his wife and Palpatine is the only person hes got left; he may be getting better at living in his suit physically but hes still got deep deep mental and emotional scars and having to deal with competition at this point in his life would probably too much for him to take so he did what he had to to secure his position; im sure he remembers what happened to Dooku after all....
This question is worthy of its own thread, but what makes Vader "more forgiving than the emperor" as he says himself in RotJ if he kills his own men over minor infractions? It was Sidious who spared Xizor when Vader was choking him out. It seems to me that Sheev is the more forgiving one; at least rationally speaking.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 08:45 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

as far as this issue is concerned I think that im one of the few that actually liked and understood Vaders actions; remember him killing Fox is just the first in a long line of death-by-chokes that hes done to those who failed him; how is this any different from killing Ozzel for the small infraction of coming out of light speed too early??

And destroying the information on Force sensitives is exactly what young, freshly minted Vader would do... hes just lost his wife and Palpatine is the only person hes got left; he may be getting better at living in his suit physically but hes still got deep deep mental and emotional scars and having to deal with competition at this point in his life would probably too much for him to take so he did what he had to to secure his position; im sure he remembers what happened to Dooku after all....

Well Ozzel apparently has failed Vader multiple times beforehand, the blunder at Hoth was the last straw hence.

"You have failed me for the last time Admiral."

Plus it wasn't really a minor infraction given what Vader had in mind for Skywalker and eliminating the Rebels.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 08:54 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

if its considered canon then its canon end of story. You have no say in whats legit and whats not
I am a realist not someone who believes what the car salesman tells me. You're fine to think the comics and games matter but when you grow up and want to be a man let me know you child.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 10:10 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by quanchi112
I am a realist

No you’re just butthurt Vader’s far greater than Snoke and Kylo.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 10:26 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 10:34 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Sheev was Force-regulating Vader, ok?

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 10:53 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor
No you’re just butthurt Vader’s far greater than Snoke and Kylo.
Kylo smashed his Vader helmet after Snoke gave him a proper tongue lashing. You see Kurk is the Kylo to my Snoke. Every once in a while he gets extremely cocky and I have to zap him with fl.

Just accept that Snoke and Kylo are greater than Vader and Sidious. Let the Ot die. It's all about that sexy NT. **** yeah.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 11:27 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

So quan chi regulates Kurk. Happy Dance

Better story than Twilight.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 11:47 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
So quan chi regulates Kurk. Happy Dance

Better story than Twilight.
I am his protege.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 12:03 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Kurk
I am his protege.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 01:07 AM
Freedon Nadd

I also assume you're a girl, Kurk. But a girl who wants to be a man.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 01:20 AM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Originally posted by Kurk
This question is worthy of its own thread, but what makes Vader "more forgiving than the emperor" as he says himself in RotJ if he kills his own men over minor infractions? It was Sidious who spared Xizor when Vader was choking him out. It seems to me that Sheev is the more forgiving one; at least rationally speaking.

as I say; context is key here, this is Anakin freshly flayed if you will... hes still that emotional brat we saw in the PT only hes unleashed... also I think when Vader said that hes more forgiving than the Emperor in ROTJ he was being ironic as we all knew at that point he wasn't forgiving in the least

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 02:06 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Well I just read the issue and I am wondering if Jocasta Nu really dead? We don't really see a body and Vader did hide the flashdrive from the Emperor with those force sensistives names on it.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 07:30 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Vader wanted to create his own Dark Side Protestant Church. Nice. Happy Dance

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 07:45 PM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Originally posted by quanchi112
I am a realist not someone who believes what the car salesman tells me. You're fine to think the comics and games matter but when you grow up and want to be a man let me know you child.

a realist aka a guy who cherry picks what he wants to support his lame fantasies about lame characters that hes in love with lol

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 02:42 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

a realist aka a guy who cherry picks what he wants to support his lame fantasies about lame characters that hes in love with lol
No, I don't care what feats these guys have in the comics or the novels since these are just meant to sell merchandise. The directors don't care at all. We won't see this shit mentioned at all from the books in the films because it doesn't matter. If I cherry picked I'd select certain feats from the books but I'm consistent across the board. I don't use double standards, kid.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 02:47 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Vader killing clones with little to no reason is just terrible writing. he was loyal to clones, not sure why they'r echanging this and trying to make him into a palp clone.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 05:00 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Vader killing clones with little to no reason is just terrible writing. he was loyal to clones, not sure why they'r echanging this and trying to make him into a palp clone.

you do realize that Vader has killed many many subordinates for much less than Foxs f u c k up right?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 12:30 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Again, how could Sidious possibly be more unforgiving than Vader at this point?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 01:16 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by juggernaut74
Well I just read the issue and I am wondering if Jocasta Nu really dead? We don't really see a body and Vader did hide the flashdrive from the Emperor with those force sensistives names on it.
I think she's dead. That's likely why her 'assistant' abandoned the makeshift school they'd put together at the end of the book -- there was no longer a teacher, nor the possibility of students at the time. However, the final page of the issue shows us that Luke discovered the school years later, so I certainly hope that aspect of the story is fleshed-out. After all, the many Holocrons Jocasta left would've helped him immensely in establishing a new Jedi Order -- as Palpatine himself said: "Jocasta Nu knows EVERYTHING".

And Vader didn't hide the memory crystal, he crushed it.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 04:12 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote