KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Vader #10 - Summary and Link

Vader #10 - Summary and Link
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

RIP, Jocasta. sad

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 05:41 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kurk
Again, how could Sidious possibly be more unforgiving than Vader at this point?

we see the difference between the two on several occasions; Vader chokes guys out yes but he kills them relatively quickly whereas we see that the Emperor likes to torture those that he intends to kill for a prolonged period of time as we see him do with Luke and even Maul way back in the Clone Wars

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 05:43 PM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by Galan007
I think she's dead. That's likely why her 'assistant' abandoned the makeshift school they'd put together at the end of the book -- there was no longer a teacher, nor the possibility of students at the time. However, the final page of the issue shows us that Luke discovered the school years later, so I certainly hope that aspect of the story is fleshed-out. After all, the many Holocrons Jocasta left would've helped him immensely in establishing a new Jedi Order -- as Palpatine himself said: "Jocasta Nu knows EVERYTHING".

And Vader didn't hide the memory crystal, he crushed it.
She probably is dead but it just seems odd we don't see Vader killing her let alone seeing her body lying in the rubble of the crashed ship, which leads me to wonder why did the ship even crash? Perhaps Vader was just making it look convincible.

Maybe I'm just looking into it too much.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 07:33 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Vader was indeed covering his tracks to make his story convincing. After all, he didn't just lie to Palpatine -- he also ignored a direct order to capture her alive.

He had to stage *something* believable, or Palpatine would've been pissed.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 07:47 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Vader isn't the kind for mercy.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 07:52 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Kurk
Again, how could Sidious possibly be more unforgiving than Vader at this point?
He's not. That notion was blatantly disproven in issue #8 of the current series:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Palpatine basically told Vader to calm the f*ck down with the killing, because he didn't want to rule over a galaxy of the dead, lol.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 14th, 2018 at 08:05 PM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 08:00 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I'm pretty sure that statement is intentionally ironic / a lie, given that is indeed Palpatine's plan as per the Tarkin novel.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 08:13 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The context of the story doesn't paint Palpatine's statement as ironic at all. It is a legitimate 'lesson' that he wants Vader to think about.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 08:20 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I've never seen Palpatine giving any "legitimate lessons" - he's not Yoda. The "lesson" in question, as I said, seems to directly go against everything we have ever known about Palpatine since 1980. The Galactic Empire is an oppressive regime that saps away the life and freedoms of the galaxy and, in its place, leaves a "dead" galaxy, so to speak (contrasted with the diversity, fun, and colors of the Rebellion). Palpatine's not interested in what others do. Since Dark Empire, his end-goal in both Legends and Canon is to "fashion a galaxy of his own creation... in the ultimate sort" by holding everyone "captive in a dark embrace." In other words, he wants the entire galaxy's will bound to his own, which is exactly the sort of "dead galaxy" irony I'm talking about.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 08:35 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Star Wars contradicting itself??? NANI!!?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 08:39 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I just posted a scene where Palpatine gave Vader a legitimate lesson, though. Your streak has ended. smile

And that is exactly *why* he doesn't want Vader going around randomly killing members of the Empire for trivial infractions(esp. Imperial officers.) There is no point of having a Galactic Empire if everyone in it is dead... It contradicts nothing, and tells us that Palpatine isn't necessarily more unforgiving than Vader(when it comes to reprimanding subordinates and such.)

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 14th, 2018 at 08:51 PM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 08:42 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Galan007
He's not. That notion was blatantly disproven in issue #8 of the current series:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Palpatine basically told Vader to calm the f*ck down with the killing, because he didn't want to rule over a galaxy of the dead, lol.
lol that's hilarious!

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 08:46 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

I've always disliked the fact that authors took one off scenes from the movies and suddenly that's how it is or it's told off as a joke. Made worse from the fact the movies show a complete contradiction at some point.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 10:19 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote