KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Who would've won the Clone War?

Who would've won the Clone War?
Started by: Kurk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who would've won the Clone War?

Who would've won had their been no shenanigans between Sidious and Dooku?

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 01:08 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

I believe it's said the CIS would've crushed them without interference by Sheev.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 01:09 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

In Canon, I'd go Republic. In Legends, I'd go CIS.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 01:09 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

So when do Sheev and Dooku get written off? Of course if it's way at the beginning there probably is no Clone Wars to begin with, on the other hand if it's in RotS then the Jedi suddenly see their foresight abilities increase tenfold and quickly eliminate the Separatist leadership.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 01:22 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Republic yeah. The attack on Coruscant was a result of Palps giving Grevious a secret way to the capital. Otherwise, the republic was driving cis out due to Anakin and Kenobi's efforts in the outer rim.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 01:58 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Republic yeah. The attack on Coruscant was a result of Palps giving Grevious a secret way to the capital. Otherwise, the republic was driving cis out due to Anakin and Kenobi's efforts in the outer rim.

I always thought Sheev leaked the nexus route to Grievous. Anyway, I'd bet the CIS probably would win.

The North Remembers

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 02:28 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
In Canon, I'd go Republic. In Legends, I'd go CIS.
This is a fair statement. In the canon there isn't enough detail about the resources and overall logistics of each side to say which faction was stronger, yet we can see that clones and jedi are individually far stronger then droids, which is enough.

It's only in the EU that we get to see the mind-boggling scale of the CIS war-machine- that every individual clone and Jedi would have to achieve like a 1000-1 KD in order for the Republic to have a chance.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 02:37 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Nah, CIS were on the brink of loss, and frankly would have lost much sooner without Palpatine.

CIS propaganda had the people of the Republic believing they were on the verge of victory by the time they struck Coruscant, but truthfully they were on the precipice or losing the war.

Shockingly, the opposite of what AP says was stated numerous times in different sourcebooks. Sheev leaked an astonishing amount of information to the Seperarists, and was responsible for unholy amounts of stalling on the Republic side. He fed them schematics for the Republic’s fighters and Capital ships to make specific weapons like Buzz droids infinitely more effective. Had he not stalled and swayed the senate in the way he did, as well, the Republic has the authority and means to obliterate the infrastructure of the CIS early on in the war.

In my opinion it’s kind of a no brainer.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 02:54 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

quote:
Originally posted by Selenial
Shockingly, the opposite of what AP says was stated numerous times in different sourcebooks.

Yeah, but was it in a collector's edition?

PS: Get a grip on your typing, your retarded apostrophes don't let us quote you.

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 03:09 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

The CIS in legends got hold of HK-47's template.
If they mass produced this, gg republic.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 03:30 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Legends CIS is retardedly op: Millions of warships, quintillions of battledroids in a universe with only 100 quadrillion sentients in the galaxy. They really should demolish the Republic (especially with Karen Travesty's 3 million clones figure).

The North Remembers

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 03:47 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samappo

It's really an irrelevant question, the whole war was orchestrated specifically by Palpatine, and he influenced the control of information every step of the way.

The Sith are not placid stars but singularities. Rather than burn with muted purpose, we warp space and time to twist the galaxy to our own design. - Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 06:18 AM
Click here to Send samappo a Private Message Find more posts by samappo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by Haschwalth
The CIS in legends got hold of HK-47's template.
If they mass produced this, gg republic.
Why was modern droid technology shittier then droid technology from thousands of years priors?

Is there any in-universe explanation for the general stagnation of technology that we see in the setting?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 10:39 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Lord Stark
Anyway, I'd bet the CIS probably would win.

Why tho...

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 01:37 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Clones are superior to Droids, Republic has Jedi on their side, they win.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 01:47 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Yeah, but was it in a collector's edition?

PS: Get a grip on your typing, your retarded apostrophes don't let us quote you.

Is it iPhone related? I don’t get what’s wrong with them

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 11:09 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Why tho...

To quote my OP:
Legends CIS is retardedly op: Millions of warships, quintillions of battledroids in a universe with only 100 quadrillion sentients in the galaxy. They really should demolish the Republic (especially with Karen Travesty's 3 million clones figure).

The North Remembers

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 04:30 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Lord Stark
To quote my OP:

Bu tthey didn't demolish the republic. The seperatists were getting driven out of the mid rim worlds

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 05:35 AM
cs_zoltan

@Sel

Dunno, I'm Android MasterRace. Just stop using apostrophes.

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 01:23 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I mean I can see how this is a stupid question. Palpatine needed the republic to win near the end so he can rally support and declare the empire.

Who would win if Dooku and Palpatine were brainwashed and acted as autonomous leaders without collaboration?

Say this happened towards the middle of TCW, long before the banking clan was put under the control of Palpatine.

Honestly money is what this comes down to. Trade Federation + Techno Union + Banking Clan + others = Big Business vs Bureaucratic Government.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 02:23 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote