KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Top 3 most skilled MCU fighters

Top 3 most skilled MCU fighters
Started by: FrothByte

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Top 3 most skilled MCU fighters

If all the MCU characters were given equal strength, speed and durability... who would be the best fighter?

No powers and no armor. Exception for those who need their power to properly function (like Daredevil's senses).

Fights would be a mix of h2h and melee weapons in an arena setting. One on one, round robin style tournament. Who would end up as the top 3?

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 08:18 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Black Widow would rape the majority with equalized stats.
Thor is more versatile with mele weapons tho

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 08:22 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Problem with BW is she really hasn't been tested much against quality opponents, which is why I've always been hesitant to mark her up so high.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 08:44 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Daredevil, Melinda May, Iron Fist

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 08:47 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Black Widow, Melinda May, Agent Ward

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 08:56 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Probably Stick, or Daredevil.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 09:20 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Elektra is actually better than Iron Fist my bad
And lol Black Widow has hardly any feats fighting skilled people

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 10:07 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

It should be noted that a number of MCU fighters have managed to match up against stronger/more durable opponents due to their skill.

Cap vs. IM, Cap vs. Ultron, Cap vs. Spiderman
Daredevil vs. Black Sky
Thor vs. Hulk, Thor vs. Hela
Melinday May vs. Kree
etc.

They didn't necessarily win these matches but they were able to put up enough of a fight due to their skill.

On the other hand, the few times Black Widow went up against physically superior opponents (Bucky and Crossbones) she was hardly able to put up a fight.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 11:18 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Well her main attack on Rumlow was literally useless against him. Then he threw her before she could change tactics.

And Bucky simply ignored her hits.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 11:31 PM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
Well her main attack on Rumlow was literally useless against him. Then he threw her before she could change tactics.

And Bucky simply ignored her hits.

Well yeah, sure. Just saying she still doesn't have as impressive a showing as the others who managed to put up more of a fight despite being outmatched.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 11:45 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

The Netflix writers really seem to want to ramp Matt's skill up, especially for Defenders. Not just via feats (like being able to fight multiple centuries-old ninja masters at once, somewhat holding his own against Black Sky etc.), but via dialogue as well. We've now had Elektra, Stick and Iron Fist (via agreeing with Stick) saying that Matt is one of the best fighters any of them have ever encountered, and these are three people who have spent their lives surrounded by fighters.

That being said, purely in human terms, there are a couple of high-tier SHIELD agents who operate on that same level IMO.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 02:00 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Daredevil is in the top three for sure.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 09:00 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Someone who I consider a bit of a wildcard is Stick. Because Stick in The Defenders >>> Stick as shown on Daredevil.

He lost H2H to Matt in S1.
He lost with swords against pre-Black Sky Elektra in S2.
He nearly killed Black Sky Elektra in The Defenders, during a sword fight, but hesitated at the end.

So, either Stick's been holding back (which might be the case, considering he has previously said that Matt and Elektra are the closest thing he has to family), or the writers just randomly amped him for the show.

And what makes it so impressive is the guy is old as shit, and doesn't have the benefit of magical rejuvenation juice, like the Hand guys do.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 06:33 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Black Widow
Gamora
Valkyrie

Wow...All girls!

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 08:14 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I think that perhaps Widows biggest claim to fame is that she's hyped to be solidly better than May or Ward.

Daredevil is definitely in. Elektra is probably in as well since I recall her being near to DD and getting better in Defenders. Then its Widow, Stick or Gamora most likely.

Last edited by Nephthys on Jan 12th, 2018 at 08:26 PM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 08:21 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Nephthys
I think that perhaps Widows biggest claim to fame is that she's hyped to be solidly better than May or Ward.

Daredevil is definitely in. Elektra is probably in as well since I recall her being near to DD and getting better in Defenders. Then its Widow, Stick or Gamora most likely.

I don't think it was ever said anywhere that Widow was a better fighter than May or Ward.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 08:51 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I remember the first season made a big deal that May was more or less the next best fighter after Widow and Hawkeye in Shield and Ward at the end brags to her that he could probably give Rominov a run for her money if he was serious.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 09:14 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Nephthys
I remember the first season made a big deal that May was more or less the next best fighter after Widow and Hawkeye in Shield and Ward at the end brags to her that he could probably give Rominov a run for her money if he was serious.

If you can provide quotes that would be helpful. Because the only thing I remember is numerous mentions of Black Widow being the best spy or top agent. That doesn't mean she's the best fighter. Even Hawkeye said that Widow is a spy, not a soldier.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 09:33 PM
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

Equalizing stats, Widow is First Team All Skill. Then probably Elektra. DD relies on radar, Danny Rand is weak sauce, no fist means no wins, Dd showed him whats up. I would actually argue for Nobu for the top three.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 09:53 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by FrothByte
If you can provide quotes that would be helpful. Because the only thing I remember is numerous mentions of Black Widow being the best spy or top agent. That doesn't mean she's the best fighter. Even Hawkeye said that Widow is a spy, not a soldier.

I briefly checked out some versus threads and I saw mention that Ward's combat scores were second to Widows and he and May were pretty much even in their fights. May apparently has more black belts then Widow but Nat wasn't exactly trained in a dojo so meh.

Also apparently May whooped a guy who almost killed Hawkeye so that does reflect well on her. Though Widow >> Hawkeye in h2h as well. And Coulson wanted her to work with him on the Avengers Initiative before she requested desk duty. Its unclear If that's just as an agent or as an Avenger though.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 11:25 PM