KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Top 3 most skilled MCU fighters

Top 3 most skilled MCU fighters
Started by: FrothByte

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

May fought an Inhuman telepath who could predict every move she and, landed blows on him, and did it all with an injured leg

She’s way better than Black Widow or Hawkeye in H2H

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 11:43 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
I briefly checked out some versus threads and I saw mention that Ward's combat scores were second to Widows and he and May were pretty much even in their fights. May apparently has more black belts then Widow but Nat wasn't exactly trained in a dojo so meh.

Also apparently May whooped a guy who almost killed Hawkeye so that does reflect well on her. Though Widow >> Hawkeye in h2h as well. And Coulson wanted her to work with him on the Avengers Initiative before she requested desk duty. Its unclear If that's just as an agent or as an Avenger though.

I don't recall any mention of black belts or combat scores in AoS regarding Black Widow. It would be nice if we could get the entire quote so we don't take the conversation out of context.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 12:07 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

quote:
She’s way better than Black Widow or Hawkeye in H2H

Wasn't it brought up in an early episode of AoS that Widow was perceived to be better than her? I cant remember the exact quote, but I thought they alluded to that.

By Stoic

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 12:28 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by tkitna
Wasn't it brought up in an early episode of AoS that Widow was perceived to be better than her? I cant remember the exact quote, but I thought they alluded to that.

I remember ot being mention Natasha was the better agent, not the better fighter or combatant.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 01:08 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

As to the telepath, from what I can recall, she landed all of 1 hit when she "just acted" instead of thought, and was getting whooped and danced around throughout the rest of the fight.

Now, give her a fresh leg and remove the TP, and it would likely be a different story. But let's not pretend like May was getting anything other than her ass kicked by the telepath.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 02:13 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Juk3n
Equalizing stats, Widow is First Team All Skill. Then probably Elektra. DD relies on radar, Danny Rand is weak sauce, no fist means no wins, Dd showed him whats up. I would actually argue for Nobu for the top three.

How are you judging Elektra here? Based on DD s2? Because if you are going to exclude Matt based on senses (even though he has successfully beaten people with abilities tailor-made to counter said senses i.e. the Hand), Black Sky Elektra is excluded as well, as she had not only super senses (as shown when she killed 10 Hand ninjas in total darkness), but superhuman stats as well.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 02:37 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

On the topic of May, she hasn't fought Daisy for some time now but it's possible that Daisy might have exceeded May in skill. Daisy has had better feats these last few seasons than May had.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 07:12 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Yeah Daisy was clowning Kree recently

She’s up there as well

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 10:59 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

To be fair, the Kree on AoS are kind of weak compared to some we've had in the past. Human level punches hurt them and send them reeling, and they don't even seem to have that much of a strength advantage either. Hell, it took a supposed elite Kree warrior with breaching gear and explosives longer to get through a concrete wall than Luke Cage can with his fists. Or even Elliot Randolph for that matter (the middle-aged Asgardian short-ass).

In contrast, we've had guys like Ronan no-sell hits from Drax and, in return, punch Drax so hard that he flew like 30 feet into an solid metal wall, leaving a huge dent. I have a really tough time seeing Daisy, May, Mack, Coulson etc. bugging Ronan with their hits.

They've basically been given the fodder treatment, which often happens in shows. Whenever a group of villains or bad guys become a main enemy, they get watered down so that the protagonists can fight large numbers of them across a season and still come out on top. Don't get me wrong. Beating them is still a good feat. But not as good as it would have been in the past.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Jan 14th, 2018 at 03:13 AM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 03:11 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Yeah but Daisy also has that fight against the LMD's and against Ghost Rider, and she took care of Kree easier than May... though that's probably because May is injured.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 03:12 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Oh Daisy is definitely a top fighter. She is one of the high-end SHIELD people I mentioned earlier. The LMDs were more impressive than the current Kree are though IMO. I could honestly see Mack taking one of the current Kree in pure H2H, where I can't see him taking an LMD without his shotgun/axe or some kind of environmental tool.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 03:17 AM
wakkawakkawakka

I've been out of touch with AoS but it sounds like Daisy has really moved up in terms of fighting ability.

As for this thread if this were based exclusively on skill and whatnot I think the top 3 skilled fighters in the MCU would be in the following:
1. Matt
2. May
3. Stick

Which I find funny as I think Danny, Natasha, and Gamora should be on the list but at this point are simply lacking in feats against quality opponents with respect to their own skill. Its especially irksome in Black Widow's case after having 5 films worth of stuff yet still nothing that really sticks out...in terms of martial prowess.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 03:23 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Problem for Natasha is she is a relatively small name in the Avengers compared to the others. So, when it comes to getting cool fighting feats and such, it's likely going to go to Cap or one of those characters instead of her. And considering the huge cast for Infinity War, I don't see much changing there.

However, if her solo film, which has been in talks for years now, ever gets going, she might get some better feats.

But yeah, I would say Daisy is easily the most powerful member (overall) of the current SHIELD roster. Some of the best H2H feats in the group at this point, plus straight-up superpowers. I guess Yo-Yo could blitz her if it really came down to it, but that's not really representative of fighting prowess.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Jan 14th, 2018 at 03:44 AM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 03:42 AM
wakkawakkawakka

Would figure that in possibly Part 1 of one of the biggest movies in the MCu would finally give Black Widow something to do since she hasn't really had a true moment to show off just how good she's supposed to be.

If Daisy really is that good then I could see her being swapped out for May possibly for my list anyway.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 04:07 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
They've basically been given the fodder treatment, which often happens in shows. Whenever a group of villains or bad guys become a main enemy, they get watered down so that the protagonists can fight large numbers of them across a season and still come out on top. Don't get me wrong. Beating them is still a good feat. But not as good as it would have been in the past.

It's the The Law of Inverse Ninja Strength.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 05:35 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
elerem

its very much in line with the kree from the comics though who are only twice as strong as humans

and ronans extreme strength could have been his battle suit also like the comics no?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 08:39 AM
elerem is currently offline Click here to Send elerem a Private Message Find more posts by elerem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Nephthys
I briefly checked out some versus threads and I saw mention that Ward's combat scores were second to Widows and he and May were pretty much even in their fights. May apparently has more black belts then Widow but Nat wasn't exactly trained in a dojo so meh.

Also apparently May whooped a guy who almost killed Hawkeye so that does reflect well on her. Though Widow >> Hawkeye in h2h as well. And Coulson wanted her to work with him on the Avengers Initiative before she requested desk duty. Its unclear If that's just as an agent or as an Avenger though.
Hawkeye was beating BW in Civil War iirc.

Not sure why you rate her way above him.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 09:15 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Thor
Thor
Thor

Isn't that right froth?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 03:33 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

1. Black Widow/ Captain America.
2. Gamora/Valkerie/Lady Sif/ Agent May/Hawk Eye
3. Thor, Matt, other.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 04:02 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote