KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Events that can cause human extinction

Events that can cause human extinction
Started by: CroftAlice

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CroftAlice

Events that can cause human extinction

My scenario is a virus mutation.What's yours?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 11:04 AM
CroftAlice is currently offline Click here to Send CroftAlice a Private Message Find more posts by CroftAlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Something related to overpopulation for sure.

My money is on a superbug or virus. Anti-biotic resistant bacteria is a real threat now.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 01:27 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Renegade AI
Climate Change
Superbugs (aka antibiotic resistant diseases and/or man made bioweapons)

World War

Meteor

In that order.

Although Top 3 might prolly just wipe out a good chunk of humanity.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 07:10 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

I would say AI and nuclear war are the top contenders.

I take climate change seriously, but I don't know about it actually wiping out the species. If we created a race that out competed us at our own game that would probably do it though.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 09:09 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

The post-modernist globalist marxist anti-Christ set to rise in the near future by the intersectional left.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 09:17 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

Also, it's a long shot but we really shouldn't sleep on the whole meteor angle. All this other shit is more likely to happen than a meteor... but if we did get a dinosaur-killer level meteor strike we'd be ****ed. Where as I think we would be more likely to potentially survive AI/global warming/nuclear winter than a massive meteor.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 09:23 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Self-replicating nanomachines aka Gray Goo Theory.

http://www.strangematterspodcast.co...rain-situation/

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 09:27 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lazybones

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
The post-modernist globalist marxist anti-Christ set to rise in the near future by the intersectional left.
"set to rise"...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfqAkUXKT5Y

rip humanity, t'was a good run.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 09:55 PM
lazybones is currently offline Click here to Send lazybones a Private Message Find more posts by lazybones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lazybones

On a more serious note, I think humanity's extinction would likely come down to something of our own making. Many of the potential natural disasters like asteroids or gamma ray bursts are extraordinarily unlikely. But nuclear war, bioweapons, rogue AI or nanobot malfunction lay within the realm of possibility because of human error. Climate change is also an issue that we are not grappling with adequately, and are in fact handling quite disgracefully. And although I doubt that will end our planet in and of itself, it could make certain regions of the world uninhabitable and exacerbate overpopulation. It's likely, also, that increased development in third world nations will lead to a greatly increased demand for resources and water, which will put a strain on the limited supply of those things and potentially act as a flashpoint in the future. And although I do think humanity will live to the end of this century, there will be some near-misses, and there will need to be some attitude and behavioural changes for humanity to survive in the long term.

Last edited by lazybones on Jan 14th, 2018 at 10:18 PM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 10:11 PM
lazybones is currently offline Click here to Send lazybones a Private Message Find more posts by lazybones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I'm not saying it's aliens.

But it's aliens.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 10:28 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Internet and Cell Service going down.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 11:04 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Off the top of my head, in no particular order:

- Runaway AI
- Biological/chemical warfare
- Deadly pathogen
- Asteroid strike / fatal celestial event
- Genetic mutation load accumulation
- Nuclear war
- Severe climate change

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 11:36 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kaiju

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 11:37 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 11:45 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys
Mass infertility.
Yes! Putting the laptop over my balls and wearing super-tight underwear is finally paying off!

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 12:00 AM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kurk
Yes! Putting the laptop over my balls and wearing super-tight underwear is finally paying off!

I bet Raven wants someone who is fertile though.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 12:03 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
I bet Raven wants someone who is fertile though.
I don't think she wants to introduce her demonic genotypes into the gene pool.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 12:14 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kurk
I don't think she wants to introduce her demonic genotypes into the gene pool.

She's a lady, she can't help but wanna pop out some spawn.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 12:16 AM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
She's a lady, she can't help but wanna pop out some spawn.

Raven is a Hybrid, there is a chance that she could be sterile, as most hybrids in nature are infertile. Demon magic may over ride that, but who's to say.

The important thing to remember here is that Raven is a child from rape, and most kids born from rape have a very bad view of sex. So it would take a good long time before she would be ready to go all the way with a man. Especially when you consider that the only guy she ever came close to sleeping with turned out to be a guy who was using her and ended up trying to drain her of her life force.

(taken and edited from comic vine)

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 12:27 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Beast Boy tried to do that?

Kinky.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 12:35 AM