KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Shouldn't Deathstroke take a majority over Spiderman?

Shouldn't Deathstroke take a majority over Spiderman?
Started by: Vanguard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Vanguard
Dood, I want people to agree. I want to start a movement. It doesn't help if its only my opinion.

What stops Spiderman from webbing Slade's feet up and using him as a wrecking ball? Outside of the Ikon suit Spidey's impact webbing would wrap him up, not to mention that he's gone at it with guys like Sandman, and several others that resemble Slade.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 12:55 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanguard

Originally posted by Stoic
What stops Spiderman from webbing Slade's feet up and using him as a wrecking ball? Outside of the Ikon suit Spidey's impact webbing would wrap him up, not to mention that he's gone at it with guys like Sandman, and several others that resemble Slade.

The webbing is a problem, I admit. But I'm willing to bet he can out-react/outmaneuver it. He's faster than say a Wolverine imo. He doesn't have the Ikon suit anymore. Thats why I didn't use that in my argument. Id like to see him fight Spiderman without it.

Besides I've seen him slice a net in half, that was shot at him from a distance, before it could envelop him.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 01:05 AM
Vanguard is currently offline Click here to Send Vanguard a Private Message Find more posts by Vanguard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Spiderman would probably fold him, and those webbings won't go away. Wolverine was also made to go at it with Hulk level characters due to his HF, and durable skeleton. Slade may be a tad faster than Wolverine, but he can't take the damage that Wolverine can.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 01:57 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

That depends on what armor Slade has. If he has the Nth Metal, he can certainly take the punishment Spidey dishes out.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 02:08 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Zack Spiderman is out of Slade's weight class. No matter the armor, those webs would hold him. If he went web crazy on him, Slade would be helplessly pinned. Taking a beating isn't the same as winning a fight, so like I said, if Spidey webbed his feet up and used him as a wrecking ball, he'd eventually KO him. This is a completely different strength range. agility range, and Spidey is a precog.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 02:23 AM
Vanguard

Zack Spiderman is out of Slade's weight class. No matter the armor, those webs would hold him. If he went web crazy on him, Slade would be helplessly pinned. Taking a beating isn't the same as winning a fight, so like I said, if Spidey webbed his feet up and used him as a wrecking ball, he'd eventually KO him. This is a completely different strength range. agility range, and Spidey is a precog.

You'd like to believe Spiderman is out of Slade's weight class. Spiderman doesn't fight that way. He doesn't go to extremes. Slade does. Slade has gone up against and defeated the likes of Black Manta, Aquaman, Superman, Wonder Woman, the Teen Titans, Green Lantern Hal Jordan, a Lobo Clone, Flash....etc

He was a team buster in his inception. He is IN Spidermans league.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 02:32 AM
Vanguard is currently offline Click here to Send Vanguard a Private Message Find more posts by Vanguard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Does Slade beating tje Titans speak higjhly of DS or poorly of the Titans?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 02:49 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Can Slade pick up a train car unaided by armor of any type? Spidey has beaten the FF, and the X-Men sans prep. Slade preps, which is his biggest weapon against his opponents. It's a gimmick, without the gimmick he isn't in Spidey's weight class, he''s in the Black Panther's weight class... Maybe?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 02:56 AM
Vanguard

Can Slade pick up a train car unaided by armor of any type? Spidey has beaten the FF, and the X-Men sans prep. Slade preps, which is his biggest weapon against his opponents. It's a gimmick, without the gimmick he isn't in Spidey's weight class, he''s in the Black Panther's weight class... Maybe?

Slade has never needed to pick up a train car. It goes against his principles. He doesn't believe in collateral damage. And here, I should have added that he has armor, just not the Ikon suit.

Every comic character has a "gimmick." Spiderman is a living, breathing, walking gimmick.

Slade uses prep sometimes, yes. And he's great at it, one of the best. But like I said, its been stated that his brain works under optimal ability under stress and fatigue. He knows your movements (read the scan in the op). So even when he hasn't prepared, it will seem as though he has.

Marvel does a great job of delineating a characters powers. DC has never really done that for Slade. I think you're getting caught up in the numbers. If DC would delineate Slades attributes, you'd be surprised.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 03:08 AM
Vanguard

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Does Slade beating tje Titans speak higjhly of DS or poorly of the Titans?

The Titans have done well against Slade also.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 03:10 AM
MrMind

based on strength and powerset deathstroke is at disadvantage
but consider team busting feats, slade is just more impressive

I'd take slade 6/10

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 03:17 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Slade has never needed to pick up a train car. It goes against his principles. He doesn't believe in collateral damage. And here, I should have added that he has armor, just not the Ikon suit.

Every comic character has a "gimmick." Spiderman is a living, breathing, walking gimmick.

Slade uses prep sometimes, yes. And he's great at it, one of the best. But like I said, its been stated that his brain works under optimal ability under stress and fatigue. He knows your movements (read the scan in the op). So even when he hasn't prepared, it will seem as though he has.

Marvel does a great job of delineating a characters powers. DC has never really done that for Slade. I think you're getting caught up in the numbers. If DC would delineate Slades attributes, you'd be surprised.

but he wouldn't have the gimmick in a forum match up against Spiderman. Therefore he loses the gimmick. When I use the term weight class, I'm talking about strength. Slade is closer to Black Panther's level. Not Spiderman's. Pay close attention to Riv's statement on the subject.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 03:34 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

The Titans have done well against Slade also.

as they should...for example raven should insta-kill him

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 03:35 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Slade has gear that can destroy the webs.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 03:38 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

He's faster than say a Wolverine imo.

(please log in to view the image)

By Stoic

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 04:12 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanguard

non canon tkitna

And a horribly written story at that

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 04:27 AM
Vanguard

but he wouldn't have the gimmick in a forum match up against Spiderman. Therefore he loses the gimmick. When I use the term weight class, I'm talking about strength. Slade is closer to Black Panther's level. Not Spiderman's. Pay close attention to Riv's statement on the subject.

He would have it in a matchup against Spiderman. It's his power. It's a part of him. It's no different than Spidermans webbing. I understand that you were talking about strength when you said weight class. And yes he would be closer to Panther than Spiderman physically.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 04:30 AM
LordofBrooklyn

non canon tkitna

And a horribly written story at that

HEY, you're talking about the master Simonson!!!

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 04:39 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanguard

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
HEY, you're talking about the master Simonson!!!

confused

Who?!

I'll have to google that sh*t.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 04:43 AM
LordofBrooklyn

confused

Who?!

I'll have to google that sh*t.

He's the LEGEND who made the Titans/X-Men crossover you're referencing!!!

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 04:46 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote