KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Gladiator/Wonder Woman vs Mangog

Gladiator/Wonder Woman vs Mangog
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ShadowFyre

Because even the Phoenix did no visible damage to the Destroyer in their recent encounter, she knocked him out but the armor was fine. Mangog ate it. Glads and Wonder Woman are not winning this.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 06:33 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Yeah, but Freyja was weak even BEFORE she put on the armour:
https://s7d2.turboimg.net/sp/e479f5...hor_703-017.jpg

Mangog explicitly says this, lol.

It's not new, that the strength of the Destroyer depends on who is animating it.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 06:38 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Yes, but consider that even a weakness Freya should leave a mortal man in the dust, and the destroyer, at its weakest powered by some dude was stronger than all out Thor could match.

This is still ridiculous

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 06:54 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Mangog breaks them

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 07:00 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Yeah, but Freyja was weak even BEFORE she put on the armour:
https://s7d2.turboimg.net/sp/e479f5...hor_703-017.jpg

Mangog explicitly says this, lol.

It's not new, that the strength of the Destroyer depends on who is animating it.

True

Originally posted by Damborgson
Yes, but consider that even a weakness Freya should leave a mortal man in the dust, and the destroyer, at its weakest powered by some dude was stronger than all out Thor could match.

This is still ridiculous

Also true.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 07:02 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Always wanted to see Destroyer vs Mangog. Was a dream match for me. Too bad a weak ass female that was "weakened" powered the damned thing.

stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 07:15 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Damborgson

This is still ridiculous

Very true. Shows once more that comic writers don't care about power levels, only about writing good looking fights.

I know I know, I keep bringing up Batman - but Bane took out Grundy and Amygdala together. The same Grundy on his lonesome who was giving Gotham trouble (even when smashed into a giant statue).

That same Bane? Lost to a headbutt from the Bats.

WW gives Superman a good fight. Yet, WW loses to Doomsday. Same Doomsday that Superman rips in half.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride, man. Don't read comics for 'feats', read it because you enjoy them. And you can enjoy them without having a feat of the week.

Or weak, in this case hurr durr....

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 07:29 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

You're welcome smile

Although, you DID ask for my opinion on their levels, as supposedly Mangog is above Skyfather.

What makes him so?

He chewed up the Destroyer armor as if it was nothing and treated it as if it was nothing. I don't need to name anything else because that imo should be sufficient.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 07:36 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Very true. Shows once more that comic writers don't care about power levels, only about writing good looking fights.

I know I know, I keep bringing up Batman - but Bane took out Grundy and Amygdala together. The same Grundy on his lonesome who was giving Gotham trouble (even when smashed into a giant statue).

WW gives Superman a good fight. Yet, WW loses to Doomsday. Same Doomsday that Superman rips in half.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride, man. Don't read comics for 'feats', read it because you enjoy them. And you can enjoy them without having a feat of the week.

Grundy is an exception though. On Sunday he may be a JL threat, while on Wednesday he may be a street level threat. This has always been a constant for him.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 07:56 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Stoic
Grundy is an exception though. On Sunday he may be a JL threat, while on Wednesday he may be a street level threat. This has always been a constant for him.

Exactly. Power levels, shmower levels.

Some days, Orion is fighting Darkseid.

Other days, titanium holds him down, and normal fire taxes his durability

Or Hyperion. Some days, he's holding worlds apart - other days, electricity from a house mains KOs him.

Or Beyonders. Some days, three are enough to bring down the LT. Other days, hundreds are fighting Thor/Hyperion.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 08:01 PM
krisblaze

Your last example doesn't infer a disparity in power level shifty

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 08:05 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Exactly. Power levels, shmower levels.

Some days, Orion is fighting Darkseid.

Other days, titanium holds him down, and normal fire taxes his durability

Or Hyperion. Some days, he's holding worlds apart - other days, electricity from a house mains KOs him.

Or Beyonders. Some days, three are enough to bring down the LT. Other days, hundreds are fighting Thor/Hyperion.

But my point is that Grundy's nature makes him go up in power, and drop in power. He's one of the types that you have to specify a version in a fight.

Writers have differing perspectives as well. There are times that they don't look at power levels, and they just want a good fight, but there are times that they do, which is why years ago, -Pr- said that we should only argue from an on average perspective concerning characters.

This quickly went out the window, and we went back to using one guys best and the others worst, to a myriad of other deceptive debating tactics in a bid to save face for whatever reason. It is what it is though.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 08:22 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

I can't wait to quote DS in a you-know-who thread to invalidate showings.

They gave the Destroyer an out for being injured by Mangog. Freya was literally dying which might cause a weakness in the armor. He also damaged the hand that Thor was able to chip with his axe. Not sure if that is a factor or it was completely ignored, haven't read the whole issue.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 09:06 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Where exactly is the inconsistency that you're trying to point out by bringing up those other inconsistencies though?

The destroyer wasn't receiving the full power of Freya, that much is for certain, but that sliver of her power still makes the destroyer an absolute monster.

This isn't a batman headbutt Bane into submission issue, this is a Mangog did something really impressive and it's being undersold issue. And that should be addressed, don't you agree? Regardless of whether I'm sitting back and sipping a mojito enjoying the quality of this story.

So it wasn't 'weak' just not as strong as it could have been under Freya, which is still >>> a plethora of hosts.

Not to mention:

https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/37...03-013.jpg.html

The destroyer had been steadily growing in power over the years.

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 09:08 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

The Destroyer is a monster. That was a crazy showing for Mangog. Under Aaron, hostless, it beat the utter shit out of Gladiator and the Imperial Guard IIRC. Gladiator was like, "I've never felt such strong anal rape..."

And it wasn't as if he under wrote Gladiator. He had Gladiator travel the span of an entire Galaxy in the span of Heimdall's eye blink! That's the kind of shit that gets DS orgasmic.

I wish Aaron's story wasn't so self contained but he writes the Asgardian's in general on a higher power level than most writers. The only one who do get shit on are the royal males of the crown.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 09:18 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I can't wait to quote DS in a you-know-who thread to invalidate showings.

They gave the Destroyer an out for being injured by Mangog. Freya was literally dying which might cause a weakness in the armor. He also damaged the hand that Thor was able to chip with his axe. Not sure if that is a factor or it was completely ignored, haven't read the whole issue.

Lol.

You really overestimate (as do others,I think) my following of Superman assuming that's who you mean, based on comments others have made).

It's a comic. This is a forum. Writers don't give a flying monkey's about powerlevels, lol.

Luke Cage gets earthquake shattering punches,and is still standing after receiving the same.

Panther touches him a bit, and he goes down.

Superman gets taken out by a random predator alien thing. Then tanks whatever it is Abhi said (magic +Oan +speed force whatever).

It happens.

@Damborg: the inconsistency is in the power level.

Sodom Yat. A Daxamite. So near Kryp stats. Gets a GL ring, which turns a human into a herald. THEN gets the Ion entity. By all rights,a monster.

Not saying Mangog isn't uber now, or low-balling. Am just saying we can't just power scale like that, because writers don't.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 09:22 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Smh. Aaron had Mangog crush War Thor and his hammer, literally. Beat the shit out of the Destroyer.

The coming of his was foreshadowed as the ultimate judgement that cannot be stopped by any god and he's stronger than ever now. Even Phoenix knew of his coming and that he cannot be stopped.

But it's a total guess as to what Aaron's intentions about his power levels are. A complete and utter mystery.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 09:28 PM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Not being able to use number for number powerscaling does not toss common sense out the window thankfully. This is hardly a leap.

---------

As a side note though, I would trade every power feat he could possibly give and,has,given to the Asgardian community to erase the garbage that has becomes Thor's history.

I see him yelling at Mjolnir and contain the urge to vomit.

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 09:34 PM
DarkSaint85

So you're saying the Phoenix Force is unable to stop him? That's the implication...even the Phoenix knew he couldn't be stopped....

So when Jane stops him,when the Destroyer animated by the All Mother couldn't, when Odin and Odinson couldn't.....Jane is above them all?

Yet, is unable to do XYZ or whatever showing I pick?

Yes, you're right, writers are all consistent together thumb up

You said it yourself. Aaron writes a higher level of Asgardian. IOW, not consistent with other writers.

It happens.

You think they all get together??? Hey Waid, my Thor can do this,better make sure you're on the ball! Ok! Bendis,better do this! Etc etc.

They don't. I know you agree with me. But you're pretty convinced there's some kind of conspiracy to low-ball,lol.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 09:37 PM
h1a8

In all honesty, that is a great feat by Mangog.
What other powers does he have?
Can he fly or teleport? How can he travel?

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 11:29 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote