KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Boys (Amazon)

The Boys (Amazon)
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

The Boys (Amazon)

Antony Starr (Banshee, American Gothic), Dominique McElligott (The Last Tycoon), Chace Crawford (Gossip Girl), Jessie T. Usher (Survivor’s Remorse) and Nathan Mitchell (iZombie) have joined Erin Moriarty as leads in Amazon’s straight-to-series drama The Boys.

Based on the comic book by Garth Ennis (Preacher) and Darick Robertson and created by Supernatural creator and Timeless co-creator Eric Kripke, The Boys is set in a world where superheroes embrace the darker side of their massive celebrity and fame. It revolves around a group of vigilantes known informally as “the boys,” who set out to take down corrupt superheroes with no more than blue-collar grit and a willingness to fight dirty. Preacher‘s Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen are set to direct.

http://deadline.com/2018/01/the-boy...ies-1202244980/

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 12:09 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

This was originally rumored to be going to Showtime.

I sure do hope that this isn’t watered down. The Boys is a great story and is exceptionally more violent and demented than even Preacher

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 05:14 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
This was originally rumored to be going to Showtime.

I sure do hope that this isn’t watered down. The Boys is a great story and is exceptionally more violent and demented than even Preacher

Yep, I loved the series. Makes you wonder if they are gonna do a certain scene...[SPOILER - highlight to read]: involving a female hero thinking that the heroes are being mind controlled because they want her to blow them, but nope they're just terrible people.

Can't stop the A Train!

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 06:44 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Sad to see a hack POS Writer like Garth's shit getting this kind of exposure.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 07:32 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Cool shit. I'll have to keep an eye out for this.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 07:42 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I wonder if Simon Pegg will play Wee Hughie.

Probably not, but it’s a fun thought

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 10:45 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Read up on the premise; this looks like it has a whole lot of potential. Will watch.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 11:20 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by Robtard
Read up on the premise; this looks like it has a whole lot of potential. Will watch.

Assuming that the story isn’t watered down or neutered, I agree.

Seriously, though......the comic book made even me go “HOLY SHIT!!”

It’s not all blatant black/shock humor; the story and dialogue are very compelling and interesting.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2018 08:52 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

prolly will pass

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 21st, 2018 03:18 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Imp
It’s not all blatant black/shock humor; the story and dialogue are very compelling and interesting.

That's good to hear. But I felt that Preacher wasn't just black/shock humor. I found the story and characters extremely compelling and interesting.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2018 11:14 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The shock factor of The Boys outdoes Preacher, but Preacher is far more emotional and compelling, IMO.

I still highly recommend reading the Boys, though.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2018 09:03 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Amazon might actually be a good platform for this then, at least compared to some mainstream networks. Because they seem more open to, shall we say, potentially controversial or offensive content. And I say this while comparing old BBC Top Gear to The Grand Tour, which is now on Amazon. They get away with WAY more crap than they used to be able to (even having things like bondage gear and a blow-up sex doll on the show at one point lol).

On topic, this comic was actually on my To-Read list, after hearing good things about it from a person on another site.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 03:12 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
On topic, this comic was actually on my To-Read list, after hearing good things about it from a person on another site.

Mine too, but now I think I'll wait until I've at least watched the first season. I did that with Preacher as well - it was on my TBR list, but when I heard the show was coming out I wanted to watch it first and I was quite happy I did. Then I read the series and that was even better.

Based on Impediment's comments The Boys sounds like there are going to be some real Holy Crap moments and I don't want to spoil it for myself.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 05:11 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel. It ruins the show if you read the comic first.

And the comic can be read even having seen the show and can even be better that way.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 01:33 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Impediment
The shock factor of The Boys outdoes Preacher, but Preacher is far more emotional and compelling, IMO.

I still highly recommend reading the Boys, though.

Indeed, I wonder how far they are going to go in terms of what they will actually show. Some disturbing shit goes down in these comics.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 03:33 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Karl ****ing Urban!

Old Post Apr 6th, 2018 01:03 AM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Dang dream, you've been here since 04 !

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Apr 7th, 2018 10:01 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Karl Urban is going to be in this??

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 09:33 AM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by Damborgson
Dang dream, you've been here since 04 !

Sssshhh, don't tell anyone big grin

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Karl Urban is going to be in this??

Yes! "Urban will play leader of the crew, Billy Butcher."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/04...series-the-boys

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 10:36 AM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Doesn't bode well for the Mega-City One project then.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 10:50 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote