KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Boys (Amazon)

The Boys (Amazon)
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Given the Liberty reveal, now we know how Jensen Ackles can play a dude who was active during WW2.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2020 09:21 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Given the Liberty reveal, now we know how Jensen Ackles can play a dude who was active during WW2.

what type of character was he in the comics

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 13th, 2020 09:09 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
what type of character was he in the comics

It's more of a legacy title in comics, with multiple heroes using the name over the years.

Of course in comics Homelander was made from Stormfronts DNA.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2020 10:34 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

^^^thanks

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 01:50 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

I love this show so much and literally every plotline is awesome

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: This show is a MASTER of subverting expectations, and really makes GOT look like kindergarten chickenscratch in terms of its writing. To list just a few:

-How they set up Kenji to be some Akira-esque psycho, only for it to be revealed that he is just a scared traumatized young man

-How they set up Stormfront to be some empowering liberal hero of the future, only for it to be revealed that she is a psychopathic racist who has been alive for decades

-How they set up Homelander to be some abusive monster, but in fact make him sympathetic, showing him really trying to develop a relationship with his son and make his friends like Maeve comfortable around him, only for everyone to reject him out of fear

-How they set up Billy rescuing his wife, only to fail because of his own xenophobia

And that's just a few. Not to mention the subplots with the Deep and A-Train getting kicked out of the Seven are hilarious. And I love how Black Noir gets scarier with each episode.

Can't wait to see what happens next! Can Hughie, Starlight and the Boys stop Vought? Will Stormfront take over Vought? Will Butcher nuke Vought? Will Homelander nuke the world? Will there be more whale guts? Gotta tune in next Friday to find out!

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 07:36 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
^^^thanks

The comics are worth checking out. There is one big difference in that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: in the comics Billy and his gang all use the drug that gives you super powers, they just use a more impure form so it's temporary. Hughie accidentally punches through another supes stomach and kills him one time.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2020 07:06 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lestov16
I love this show so much and literally every plotline is awesome

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: This show is a MASTER of subverting expectations, and really makes GOT look like kindergarten chickenscratch in terms of its writing. To list just a few:

-How they set up Kenji to be some Akira-esque psycho, only for it to be revealed that he is just a scared traumatized young man

-How they set up Stormfront to be some empowering liberal hero of the future, only for it to be revealed that she is a psychopathic racist who has been alive for decades

-How they set up Homelander to be some abusive monster, but in fact make him sympathetic, showing him really trying to develop a relationship with his son and make his friends like Maeve comfortable around him, only for everyone to reject him out of fear

-How they set up Billy rescuing his wife, only to fail because of his own xenophobia

And that's just a few. Not to mention the subplots with the Deep and A-Train getting kicked out of the Seven are hilarious. And I love how Black Noir gets scarier with each episode.

Can't wait to see what happens next! Can Hughie, Starlight and the Boys stop Vought? Will Stormfront take over Vought? Will Butcher nuke Vought? Will Homelander nuke the world? Will there be more whale guts? Gotta tune in next Friday to find out!

I have not seen Homelander as sympathetic. Just a horrible person who was also on the edge and then had some sort of nervous breakdown. Notice the only thing he cared about when it came to his kid was his power. I don't recall him asking about anything else in the kids life.

Last edited by Surtur on Sep 17th, 2020 at 07:11 PM

Old Post Sep 17th, 2020 07:09 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol Stormfront legit just tricked [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Homelander into impregnating her. That is my theory. Imagine the power their kid would wield, he'd be the most powerful supe to date

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 10:18 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

pretty good episode.. i enjoyed kimiko's scenes..

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 02:25 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tons of revelations in this latest episode. Stormfront [SPOILER - highlight to read]: was born in Berlin in 1919. Was the first successful supe and fell in love with Vought and had his child. She is also trying to figure out how to give safely give adults powers. My only question is why Homelander's kid inherited his powers, but Stormfront's daughter did not.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2020 12:47 PM
ares834

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Well Homelander's version of Compound V was likely far more advanced. It also seems he is the culmination of pretty much the entire project, so it's not too surprising. I am curious why Gus (I'm not sure what his name is in the show) had Stormfront join the Seven. It seems very unlikely he is involved in SF's plans even if a large part of Vought is.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2020 03:50 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm sure Mr. Edgar [SPOILER - highlight to read]: is well aware of who stormfront truly is, I think he's just using her. For what? I don't know. I think she's using him too.

The Lamp Lighter storyline also turned out to be interesting.

I gotta say the weakest plot line this season is a toss up between Deep and the cult and Maeve and her whole thing.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2020 08:46 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

pretty god episode.. don't care much for a-train's character arc eiter..

liking lamplighter and can see why he'll be in season 3..

the long dong supe had me laughing though..

Old Post Sep 25th, 2020 10:44 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

All caught up. Awesome show. Great chemistry between characters and some amazing villains. Can’t wait to see what happens with Stormfront and Homelander is legitimately terrifying.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2020 02:52 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

As far as character arks I would like them to wrap up the deep’s and next season move on to an arc with black noir. Black noir has a lot of potential and hasn’t been explored much.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2020 02:55 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

At one point I thought Stormfront might turn out to be Homelanders mother.

I suppose it could still be possible.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2020 02:13 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Surtur
At one point I thought Stormfront might turn out to be Homelanders mother.

I suppose it could still be possible.

i think they sort kind hinted that in latest ep.. imo, they might be going the incest route

Old Post Sep 27th, 2020 06:41 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I mean I guess they're invulnerable to deformities and mental retardation and whatnot.

Still not cool tho, it's not just the retard baby possibility that makes it ick.

So from what we know about Season 3 Soldier Boy is not going to be a title handed down, just one guy. Jensen Ackles.

And there will be some "latinx" superhero called supersonic that used to date starlight.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2020 09:18 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Damn, a lot happened. Especially in the final few minutes. Finale will be interesting.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2020 07:13 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

pretty good episode

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2020 01:31 AM