KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Boys (Amazon)

The Boys (Amazon)
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

Perhaps. I got the impression that Homelander wasn't going full out against her.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
What makes me laugh is there is a far more solid argument for a "SJW", liberal and feminist agenda in the boys (there is none of that in it either) than in most of the supposedly SJW/Feminazi shows and films, but no one makes it because they like Butcher and Co. We have toxic masculinity exposed, we have females in charge everywhere and constantly turning men to "cucks" etc. we have a Trumpist s/white supremacist agenda etc. Funny stuff/great show and I love the political messages. "We shouldn't have to say Nazi's are bad in 2020, but Nazi's are bad!", says the African American guy! Love it!

I have no problem with political messages in shows when they are done well. My issue is when they are forced or are detrimental to the story. I think the best comparison is the "girl power" scene from here and Avengers EG..

Old Post Oct 12th, 2020 08:29 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I also assumed Homelander held back some. He didn't create the type of explosion Ryan did.

I found it odd how Stormfront gets all f*cked up with limbs missing and is all crispy and Becca doesn't seem to be burned it's like someone shot her in the neck. It's really odd. Like she got slightly hit by it in just the wrong place.

And if anyone is interested in what Stormfront was saying at the end, she was talking about a day in the park with her daughter. Oh and the creators have confirmed she is not dead. She we have an immortal nazi missing various limbs. I guess she could levitate around.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2020 08:43 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Didn’t Stormfront tell him not to hold back?

That’s great news that she’s not dead , though. She’s a great and compelling villain.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2020 08:54 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

She did, but from his point of view I think deep down he knew he needed her help and didn't wanna kill her.

Or it could be that yes Ryan is more powerful, since he is a natural supe. He could be used to take Homelander down maybe.

Or it could be that Homelander was trying to kill her, but didn't have the proper motivation. He was more just...curious, he wasn't doing it reflexively to save someone he loves. Ryan's HV was fueled by his extreme emotions. Homelander wasn't in the right state of mind maybe.

Last edited by Surtur on Oct 12th, 2020 at 09:01 PM

Old Post Oct 12th, 2020 08:57 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

All good points.

I’m thinking they’re setting up Ryan to be the Trump card that eventually lets the boys take down Homelander.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2020 09:02 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah cuz we sure as hell know this time it won't be Black Noir. Dude can be defeated with candy.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2020 09:07 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

How did she even know, was there one time where he just gave an almond joy this look that said "f*ck you" and Maeve caught it? Did she hack into his medical files? Did he just randomly write down on a notepad what all his weaknesses were and pass it around at a meeting?

Old Post Oct 12th, 2020 09:10 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

dp

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 12th, 2020 10:08 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by BackFire
All good points.

I’m thinking they’re setting up Ryan to be the Trump card that eventually lets the boys take down Homelander.

I took the same sentiment, the son is even more powerful than his father and he'll be used to kill and replace Homelander.

Both different and similar to the comic. A form of kryptonite for HL.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 12th, 2020 10:09 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by BackFire
So am I incorrect in thinking that Homelander’s kid is probably more powerful than he is based on the fact that his laser eyes were able to really **** up Stormfront, while Homelander’s didn’t really do much to her?

I don't know. He could be.

Where Stormfront is concerned, I think Homelander was genuinely surprised by how durable she was, so it allowed him to use a level of power he hasn't before. I still think if he had really wanted to, though, he could have ended her. Everyone in the show talks like Homelander is so, so far beyond them power wise.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 12th, 2020 10:27 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Originally posted by -Pr-
I don't know. He could be.

Where Stormfront is concerned, I think Homelander was genuinely surprised by how durable she was, so it allowed him to use a level of power he hasn't before. I still think if he had really wanted to, though, he could have ended her. Everyone in the show talks like Homelander is so, so far beyond them power wise.

Yeah I guess it’s more that it’s kind of unclear how powerful Stormfront is. When she and home lander started wrestling and throwing each other around and in the episodes that followed i got the impression that the two of them were fairly close in power levels. This was reinforced by the fact that homelanders lasers didn’t hurt her very much. But you guys are all right. It is definitely possible homelander was not going full blast on her and it just wasn’t really communicated to the audience.

I guess we’ll find out all this stuff next season.

I really enlisted the second season overall too.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2020 11:28 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

So about Madelyn Stillwell's baby...is it a supe? Remember it was there when Billy caused the explosion. Homelander saved Billy at super speed in order to mess with him.

Yet the baby was found alive miles away. It's hard to believe Homelander saved it. So how did it live? Or did he take *some* pity on it and super speed both the baby and billy away?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2020 09:42 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Finally watched S2.

It didn't really go anywhere. Almost none of the characters had any kind of development or story arc.

You can only carry the humour so far on Bill calling everyone ¢unts. I understand that's a big thing for American audiences but not for anywhere else.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2020 12:10 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

oy you bloody kunt

Old Post Nov 16th, 2020 12:12 AM
jaden_2.0
Awful

We don't really bother about the use of the word over here.

Examples

Old Post Nov 16th, 2020 01:43 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

That's 21 ***** in 1 minute and 41 seconds in Nil by Mouth compared to 51 ***** in 2 full seasons of The Boys.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2020 01:48 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I was especially amused by the Disney Plus parody. Amazon taking shots at competitors.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Sep 15th, 2021 at 04:49 PM

Old Post Sep 15th, 2021 04:46 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

when does this return

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 16th, 2021 03:23 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Finally watched S2.

It didn't really go anywhere. Almost none of the characters had any kind of development or story arc.

You can only carry the humour so far on Bill calling everyone ¢unts. I understand that's a big thing for American audiences but not for anywhere else.

You must have watched a different show.

I'm almost done with S2 and it's great. I have one more episode. That's actually one thing I found to be so great about this season is that it has followed through with things set up in season 1 and arced some characters, like Starlight, Deep, Maeve, and even Billy Butcher has shown some other sides of himself.

My jaw has been agape at several moments and it's been darkly amusing throughout. laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 17th, 2021 10:59 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Surtur
Yeah cuz we sure as hell know this time it won't be Black Noir. Dude can be defeated with candy.

laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 17th, 2021 11:21 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote