KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games where you're the villain

Games where you're the villain
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Divine Divinity...?...

You [SPOILER - highlight to read]: become the final boss of Divinity: Original Sin 2.

That counts kind of I think.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 01:31 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Call of Duty 1, 2, 3 and WaW
Battlefield 1942
Medal of Honor
Wolfenstein
Duke nukem

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 02:12 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
But with those ones you don't get forced down those paths.

That's fair. What about the legacy of kain games

Old Post Sep 17th, 2020 09:55 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Hell yeah. Legacy of Kain. Great series, although Soul Reaver 2 and Blood Omen 2 could use work.

I think they envisioned Kain as more of an anti-hero than a villain though. That said, he is an antagonist at different points.

Last edited by StyleTime on Sep 17th, 2020 at 10:59 PM

Old Post Sep 17th, 2020 10:52 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by StyleTime
Great series, although Soul Reaver 2 and Blood Omen 2 could use work.

What is your problem with SR2? no expression no expression no expression no expression no expression

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 01:18 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

What is your problem with SR2? no expression no expression no expression no expression no expression

It's not Ninja Gaiden.

Same problem as every game of that era.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 02:40 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by StyleTime
Blood Omen 2 could use work.

That might be the weakest entry into the franchise at least it's still more fun then other games out there

Not sure what's wrong about Soul Reaver 2, Seems to be still good to me. But the first Soul Reaver could be improved. Such as a better save system for starters, Doesn't matter where you save it still takes you back to the beginning area of the game

apparently there's a remake happening too.

Last edited by Kazenji on Sep 21st, 2020 at 02:27 AM

Old Post Sep 21st, 2020 02:14 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Soul Reaver 1 has plenty of glitches when played on new operating systems (and even those not-so-new, lol), but - admittedly - I haven't tried all the patches, so I assume some of them could mitigate the problem:

https://www.thelostworlds.net/Softw..._and_Vista.html

Soul Reaver 2 has aged greatly in comparison, aside from crashing sometimes. Looks great on widescreen, no audio problems.

Guess it's a bit like apples and oranges. I like SR2 better.

Last edited by StiltmanFTW on Sep 21st, 2020 at 12:30 PM

Old Post Sep 21st, 2020 12:28 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Kazenji
That might be the weakest entry into the franchise at least it's still more fun then other games out there

Not sure what's wrong about Soul Reaver 2, Seems to be still good to me. But the first Soul Reaver could be improved. Such as a better save system for starters, Doesn't matter where you save it still takes you back to the beginning area of the game

apparently there's a remake happening too.

Devil May Cry had the same save system.

Probably intentionally to introduce "fake difficulty", there's no real technical limitation on why they did it.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2020 12:44 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Sometimes they do that deliberately so players will spend more time playing the game/appreciate it more by needing to replay certain levels.

It has its pros and cons, same with quicksaving at any desirable moment --- which makes games too easy.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2020 12:56 PM
cdtm

On the plus side, it also makes it easier to farm currency.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2020 01:11 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Soul Reaver 1 has plenty of glitches when played on new operating systems (and even those not-so-new, lol), but - admittedly - I haven't tried all the patches, so I assume some of them could mitigate the problem:

https://www.thelostworlds.net/Softw..._and_Vista.html

Oh the patches work good for Soul Reaver 1 on PC

go here for patches

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/L...in:_Soul_Reaver

You can get the game running at 60 fps and a few other things with a patch, I also needed a patch so i can use my Logitech F310

after all that the game is great on Win 10.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 01:49 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Stubbs the Zombie.

I have this on xbox and the funny thing is I found my copy of it the other day while cleaning.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2020 01:27 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by cdtm
Devil May Cry had the same save system.

Probably intentionally to introduce "fake difficulty", there's no real technical limitation on why they did it.
Why was DMC's save system so bad? It let you save before every level and I think during if you found the statues. (Though maybe thats just the later games.)

I don't think that's a poor save system at all. It also had checkpoints.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2020 02:25 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The only DMC game I remember where the save system truly got a lot of complaints was DMC 3. To the point where they put out a special edition of the game.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2020 02:29 PM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Divine Divinity...?...

You [SPOILER - highlight to read]: become the final boss of Divinity: Original Sin 2.

That counts kind of I think.
Lemme explain a bit more for thos unaware.

In "Divine Divinity" it's the very first game of the ENTIRE Divinity franchise released in 2002, the protagonist and person you play as in "Divine Divinity" is someone you Divinity vets may know as [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Lucian the Divine. Yup Barbarian boi became Lucian the Divine, the eventual final boss of Divinity: OS II.

I mean [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Divinity II takes place AFTER Divinity: OS II, so he EVENTUALLY becomes a "good guy" again, but still, a lot of the stuff he did was extremely shitty.

So yeah, I explained because I figured no one would make the connection as majority of people who've played the Original Sin games haven't played most of the OG Divinity titles, and even if you've played Divinity II, probably even less of you have played Divine Divinity.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2020 02:34 PM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Surtur
The only DMC game I remember where the save system truly got a lot of complaints was DMC 3. To the point where they put out a special edition of the game.
What was wrong with DMC3? I never got to play the original (and don't imagine why I'd want to now-a-days, honestly, save system aside.)

Old Post Sep 25th, 2020 02:35 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Why was DMC's save system so bad? It let you save before every level and I think during if you found the statues. (Though maybe thats just the later games.)

I don't think that's a poor save system at all. It also had checkpoints.

Don't remember any checkpoints, Not in the PS2 version.

It sets you all the way back to the start of the level. The only thing you keep is some unlocks and orbs.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2020 02:42 PM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by cdtm
Don't remember any checkpoints, Not in the PS2 version.

It sets you all the way back to the start of the level. The only thing you keep is some unlocks and orbs.
I absolutely remember there being checkpoints if you lost to a boss specifically.

Edit: nvm, you right. That's weird though, I coulda sworn they had checkpoints.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2020 03:07 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Not sure this has been said but pretty much every single GTA main character you play (aside from maybe Franklin).

Old Post Sep 25th, 2020 03:07 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote