KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Are you egotistical about your intelligence?

Are you egotistical about your intelligence?
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Ellimist
...what does Dawkin's The Blind Watchmaker book have to do with real life experience again?...

That's how old people talk, maaaaan. Every experience and idea has an associated memory if you live long enough. In another decade, if KMC still exists, he'll post things like "back in the summer of '15" before he starts his thoughts.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 09:17 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

@elliminist You seem to have misread Steve's post then. Those were two separate examples of the KMC phenomenon

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 09:18 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

lol

Your warnings about intellectual egotism aren't invalid, you just seem really obsessive over boasting about your age in almost every thread I see you in, and your articulation is often rather incoherent (what does Dawkin's The Blind Watchmaker book have to do with real life experience again?).
Bless you Ellimist, reading comprehension is something you struggle with son. Read it again please and try and understand a very clear writing style.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 09:21 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
Bless you Ellimist, reading comprehension is something you struggle with son. Read it again please and try and understand a very clear writing style.

No, silly - your entire post was predicated on people with minimal life experience making less engaging conversation about academic subjects. You'll now explain to me why your experience in senior management makes you better equipped to come up with interesting points about philosophy.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 09:36 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, silly - your entire post was predicated on people with minimal life experience making less engaging conversation about academic subjects. You'll now explain to me why your experience in senior management makes you better equipped to come up with interesting points about philosophy.
You seem triggered and are asking questions which really don't fit. Although most cultures will suggest experience is important in dealing with people and understanding the world around them. Hence, why you don't see a teen as POTUS. Although I am unsure of Trump's mental age. Btw, you still didn't understand my original post as Rob pointed out. Bless you, kid, you're a funny young thing.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 09:40 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

...why you don't see a teen as POTUS...

Because psychology and the internet were not topics when the US Constitution was created.

I do believe it is possible to have a better PotUS, who is a teen, than any president in History, if they studied a lot...

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 09:51 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
Because psychology and the internet were not topics when the US Constitution was created.

I do believe it is possible to have a better PotUS, who is a teen, than any president in History, if they studied a lot...
Really, then you'd have loved PREZ he was a teen President from DC way back in the 70's. He was like Dougie Houser POTUS.

Personally, I think the idea of anyone under 45 holding high office is insane. I think most of the Worlds electorate would also.

Last edited by Steve Zodiac on Jan 22nd, 2018 at 09:56 PM

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 09:53 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

You seem triggered and are asking questions which really don't fit. Although most cultures will suggest experience is important in dealing with people and understanding the world around them. Hence, why you don't see a teen as POTUS. Although I am unsure of Trump's mental age. Btw, you still didn't understand my original post as Rob pointed out. Bless you, kid, you're a funny young thing. [/B]

The problem is that you don't get the difference between knowing what and knowing how, and that productive political discussions can be accomplished almost exclusively through the former. Analogously, you can have a great understanding of football without having the reaction speed and spatial awareness to actually play quarterback (even ignoring the physical requirements), but that shouldn't disqualify you from being able to talk about it.

Your awkward and cringey appeals to your advanced age don't hide the fact that you consistently demonstrate less reasoning ability than the "young things" you purport superiority over.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 09:59 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

The problem is that you don't get the difference between knowing what and knowing how, and that productive political discussions can be accomplished almost exclusively through the former. Analogously, you can have a great understanding of football without having the reaction speed and spatial awareness to actually play quarterback (even ignoring the physical requirements), but that shouldn't disqualify you from being able to talk about it.

Your awkward and cringey appeals to your advanced age don't hide the fact that you consistently demonstrate less reasoning ability than the "young things" you purport superiority over.
Kid, you're lost and constantly trying to make it personal. You didn't understand what I posted, no biggie you have shit reading comprehension. You're a bit thick. I'm not getting into an argument with you kid, just because your hormones want me to. I also apologise for holding up a mirror to you and showing you how dim you are.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 10:04 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Really, then you'd have loved PREZ he was a teen President from DC way back in the 70's. He was like Dougie Houser POTUS.

Personally, I think the idea of anyone under 45 holding high office is insane. I think most of the Worlds electorate would also.

Have to overall agree, knowledge, or more importantly the use of said knowledge comes with age.

Sure there's some 19yo who is many times smarter and academically accomplished than say Obama, the smartest president of the last three presidents. But it's still a 19yo with a 19yo's maturity and experience and reasoning.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 10:05 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Have to overall agree, knowledge, or more importantly the use of said knowledge comes with age.

Sure there's some 19yo who is many times smarter and academically accomplished than say Obama, the smartest president of the last three presidents. But it's still a 19yo with a 19yo's maturity and experience and reasoning.
Yup, at 19 you know shit, tbh at 25 you know shit. Somewhere between 25-30 people start to grow up imo.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 10:09 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Leave it to Old Steve to forgo engaging with the arguments in favor of ad hominem posturing and then to accuse the other person of immaturity. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 10:13 PM
riv6672

Re: Are you egotistical about your intelligence?

I've noticed that a lot of KMC members, particularly those who actively debate, are really enamored with their own intellects. I fall within that group, though I think I'm good at not showing it in socially inappropriate situations and mitigating any unjustified influence on my decision-making/moral judgments/etc.

What are your thoughts? Do you get that vibe from yourself and/or others here? Do you think it's a good or bad thing under which contexts?

Nope.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 10:42 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kid, you're lost and constantly trying to make it personal. You didn't understand what I posted, no biggie you have shit reading comprehension. You're a bit thick. I'm not getting into an argument with you kid, just because your hormones want me to. I also apologise for holding up a mirror to you and showing you how dim you are.
Is that you quanchi?

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 10:44 PM
ILS is currently offline Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

No, I don't think I'm that smart, just smarter than whoever I happen to be arguing against.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 11:10 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

always a good rule of thumb

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 11:46 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by BackFire
No, I don't think I'm that smart, just smarter than whoever I happen to be arguing against.

MODS! Quanchi has hacked BackFire's account!

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 11:47 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

We've always been one and the same.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 03:38 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

(please log in to view the image)

Sooner or later you'll all be Quanned.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 03:41 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Short answer: No

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 08:51 AM
S_W_LeGenD is currently offline Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote