KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Are you egotistical about your intelligence?

Are you egotistical about your intelligence?
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Putinbot1 has a 12th level AI intellect, despite only being weeks old I am smarter than any mere human.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 02:28 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Putinbot1 has a 12th level AI intellect, despite only being weeks old I am smarter than any mere human.
Except for the leader, Donald J. Trump, weighing in at 270pounds, he is the leader of the free world, master of the Universe and a Yuge genius.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 02:31 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Are you egotistical about your intelligence?

Originally posted by The Ellimist
I've noticed that a lot of KMC members, particularly those who actively debate, are really enamored with their own intellects. I fall within that group, though I think I'm good at not showing it in socially inappropriate situations and mitigating any unjustified influence on my decision-making/moral judgments/etc.

What are your thoughts? Do you get that vibe from yourself and/or others here? Do you think it's a good or bad thing under which contexts?

Most alt-right trolls are males under the age of 25, so what you’re seeing is a motley reenactment of what would’ve been the most achingly awkward fraternity at whatever college or university you attended. All of these sites are a compendium of stupid in-jokes, viral memes, multimedia from “nerd culture” — a shame, given how awesome that subculture is — and a persistent exploration of what young men can get away with online when they have the opportunity to act anonymously. So: you’ll see a lot of posts (and some images) that are misogynistic, homophobic, racist, anti-Semitic, and so on. The posters posting this content are in a few cases actually committed misogynists, homophobes, racists, and anti-Semites; much more commonly, they’re relatively unsophisticated “kids” — using that term here to denote emotional immaturity rather than chronological age — who are exploring complicated anxieties, angers, and associations they don’t really know how to process yet in any way but the anti-social.

Mind you, they don’t see themselves that way. You will stagger at the arrogance of all these young people who haven’t done anything yet.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 05:58 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Eh, tbh I find that the liberals and conservatives on KMC are equally arrogant.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 04:08 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Arrogance is the most disgusting human trait which is the root of all evil, it arises when we fail to properly deal with our awareness of our own vulnerability.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 04:13 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Arrogance is the most disgusting human trait which is the root of all evil, it arises when we fail to properly deal with our awareness of our own vulnerability.
Can't agree with you there, bud.

blinding arrogance /= assertiveness or justified arrogance

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 05:50 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

wrong thread

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 09:51 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by The Ellimist
Eh, tbh I find that the liberals and conservatives on KMC are equally arrogant.
The difference is the liberals have usually become men, who wake up in the morning and put someone else first. The rightists. not so much. They will probably never be men.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 10:31 AM
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is a forum and we are all just having fun. If this place makes you feel so superior then that's just plain sad.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 01:54 PM
DarthPlaguis12 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarthPlaguis12
This is a forum and we are all just having fun. If this place makes you feel so superior then that's just plain sad.
No, you're plain sad.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 02:00 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The difference is the liberals have usually become men, who wake up in the morning and put someone else first. The rightists. not so much. They will probably never be men.

LOL loved this satire.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 02:11 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, you're plain sad.

You're a sensitive one aren't you?

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 02:19 PM
DarthPlaguis12 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb

Even worse to me is when it's unearned. More than one poster here posts with an arrogance that has not come close to being earned.

Stephen Hawking, don't know him. Can't say how he is. If he is an arrogant little f*cker it's wrong, but you can see where it comes from at least. You can see why.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 02:21 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
Even worse to me is when it's unearned. More than one poster here posts with an arrogance that has not come close to being earned.

Stephen Hawking, don't know him. Can't say how he is. If he is an arrogant little f*cker it's wrong, but you can see where it comes from at least. You can see why.
But you know, they have a job and a family... So, they have done that.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 02:31 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarthPlaguis12
You're a sensitive one aren't you?
No. you're sensitive.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 02:31 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

But you know, they have a job and a family... So, they have done that.

But you know...not a single thing you mentioned is a reason for arrogance.

Care to try again?

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 02:35 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

But you know...not a single thing you mentioned is a reason for arrogance.

Care to try again?
Well, I suppose you wouldn't see College, Working every day and a Family as any kind of success. I know, none of that is your thing. Thank God for your guardian.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 02:37 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, I suppose you wouldn't see College, Working every day and a Family as any kind of success. I know, none of that is your thing. Thank God for your guardian.

Oh lil Steve, I said I don't see it as anything to be an arrogant kunt over. Do better.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 02:38 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh lil Steve, I said I don't see it as anything to be an arrogant kunt over. Do better.
tiny Surt or that's what your ex said. You will never have it, so don't worry.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 02:43 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

tiny Surt or that's what your ex said. You will never have it, so don't worry.

Yes, I called you lil Steve, you called me tiny Surt. Good one?

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 02:46 PM