KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » DS Sentry Vs PC Fatal Five

DS Sentry Vs PC Fatal Five
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sentry put the molecules of the team in orbit on a thought.

/thread

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 06:42 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
I'm really not seeing how they can actually defeat him. This may go against the grain here Riv, but they truly don't have the right power sets to stop him. I mean what are they actually going to do to him? Cut him up? Crush his face? Crush his body? This is the very same guy that ripped open his own head while speaking, which shows that physical pain or physical assaults wouldn't work against him.

If the original story on the Sentry remains without a retcon, Sentry is a solidified concept of Bob's mind. Kind of like a living puppet that if destroyed can immediately reform. Hitting him appears to be like us punching water, it just reforms around our fist.

I can't see how they can defeat him, while I can see him killing the majority of them by tossing them several light years away like he did to Thor.

The Worm was a plot device, it was the only way that the story could end without having DS Sentry effortlessly kill Thor, and Wasp. Goofy ending but that's the way of it. If I were them, I would have had Sentry make an ominous speech, and fly off.

It's PC Fatal Five.

Persuader could probably just cut his soul in two or something stupid. He cut GRAVITY in half, lol. One version cut Raven's soul self, according to the wiki, but meh I don't know enough about that to comment.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 06:55 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Yeah, thanks for replying to Stoic. It was a good question.
Persuader's axe is an incredibly haxx, almost cartoonish weapon, and Validus is Powerful to the point of absurdity in hus PC version. These would obviously be the biggest threats. EEs magic was no joke then either, then Tharik/Mano pull rear guard.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 10:06 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
It's PC Fatal Five.

Persuader could probably just cut his soul in two or something stupid. He cut GRAVITY in half, lol. One version cut Raven's soul self, according to the wiki, but meh I don't know enough about that to comment.

What you see doesn't have a soul. That's what I am saying. The Sentry is a solidified concept. They'd have to get into the pocket dimension that Bob goes to in order to do any damage at all, and that is if he isn't the God of that dimension. We got a glimpse of it when the Avengers fought the Void, and Emma went into that pocket dimension to communicate with Bob. Whatever damage they do, he would simply regen from, or pull himself back together. They'd be fighting a nightmare, which at first may appear to make them look like they were winning until he began knocking them off one at a time.

PC don't mean a thing. They'd have to know how to get to Bob.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 11:13 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^see, this is what i never understand, when a debate gets to the 'my character can do all these things and your character can do absolutely nothing' stage, why even bother to continue the conversation.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 11:28 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^see, this is what i never understand, when a debate gets to the 'my character can do all these things and your character can do absolutely nothing' stage, why even bother to continue the conversation.

I thought it was interesting that two sides had two different stomps. Lol. There was no in between

By Stoic

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 12:44 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
meep-meep
What are you angry about?

Originally posted by tkitna
I thought it was interesting that two sides had two different stomps. Lol. There was no in between

'Merica.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 12:51 AM
meep-meep is currently offline Click here to Send meep-meep a Private Message Find more posts by meep-meep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

It as RW mentioned. Sentry himself is pretty much invincible, but without the full knowledge of what he has up under the hood. DS Sentry was fully aware, and he showed it on panel. Unless you believe that when he split his head open that it was an illusion? This is probably the biggest reason why Marvel wanted to deep six him. He's too powerful to be interesting. I mean how do you use him in a team environment.

Shit in the current Dr. Strange book, it almost seems as if Marvel is trying to back away from the DS Sentry idea, as we no longer see him. We'll see how it plays out, but from what I know, the only thing that seemed to weaken him as the Sentry (Not DS Sentry) is the Negative Zone. This may not be the case with DS Sentry as he is whole. He is both the Sentry and Void together. The Void was at his strongest when he was in the Negative Zone if you may recall? While Sentry was near ready to pass out.

Hey man, this is the same thing that would happen if you put the Fatal Five up against Doctor Manhattan. They just don't have the tools to deal with the Sentry. Just accept it, like people accept forum Flash beating entire teams before they batted an eye.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 01:10 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

It as RW mentioned. Sentry himself is pretty much invincible, but without the full knowledge of what he has up under the hood. DS Sentry was fully aware, and he showed it on panel. Unless you believe that when he split his head open that it was an illusion? This is probably the biggest reason why Marvel wanted to deep six him. He's too powerful to be interesting. I mean how do you use him in a team environment.

Shit in the current Dr. Strange book, it almost seems as if Marvel is trying to back away from the DS Sentry idea, as we no longer see him. We'll see how it plays out, but from what I know, the only thing that seemed to weaken him as the Sentry (Not DS Sentry) is the Negative Zone. This may not be the case with DS Sentry as he is whole. He is both the Sentry and Void together. The Void was at his strongest when he was in the Negative Zone if you may recall? While Sentry was near ready to pass out.

Hey man, this is the same thing that would happen if you put the Fatal Five up against Doctor Manhattan. They just don't have the tools to deal with the Sentry. Just accept it, like people accept forum Flash beating entire teams before they batted an eye.

Very good post.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 01:11 AM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by tkitna

I know.
Kinda defeats the purpose of debating. Why should one side waste time putting forth an argument when the other's just going to respond with 'no'.
Having said that, leaning towards the FF, since they were represented fairly at least.

On to the next thread.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 06:13 AM
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah, Validus punches him into the beginning of time where Entropy destroys him.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 06:17 AM
panthergod is currently offline Click here to Send panthergod a Private Message Find more posts by panthergod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

What you see doesn't have a soul. That's what I am saying. The Sentry is a solidified concept. They'd have to get into the pocket dimension that Bob goes to in order to do any damage at all, and that is if he isn't the God of that dimension. We got a glimpse of it when the Avengers fought the Void, and Emma went into that pocket dimension to communicate with Bob. Whatever damage they do, he would simply regen from, or pull himself back together. They'd be fighting a nightmare, which at first may appear to make them look like they were winning until he began knocking them off one at a time.

PC don't mean a thing. They'd have to know how to get to Bob.

Like I said,'or something'.

It cuts through dimensions as well. As I said, it's pretty haxx, cutting through gravity and magnetic fields (as stupid as that sounds).

Saying it would cut a concept like Sentry isn't far fetched, even if solidified.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 09:17 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Validus oneshots Sentry.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 10:54 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sentry rips them in half.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 12:18 PM
Senor Cage

Validus punts Sentry's head to tha moon!

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 12:28 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I know.
Kinda defeats the purpose of debating. Why should one side waste time putting forth an argument when the other's just going to respond with 'no'.
Having said that, leaning towards the FF, since they were represented fairly at least.

On to the next thread.

How was it that I didn't represent Sentry properly Riv? Everything that I wrote actually happened on panel. Is it that you don't like what marvel did with the Sentry, or is it that you won't accept it? either way he isn't my creation, I was just stating that he can't die unless he wanted a particular group of characters to believe that he's dead. He's done this from his inception.

Hid his existence by erasing himself from everyone's mind.

Did it again at the end of Siege.

How many times does he actually have to do this before people believe that he can't die? He even brought his dead wife back from death if I recall correctly.

People have always hated the character. Just look at every thread that he's in. The only thing that I read is that he get stomped without any evidence. Meanwhile no one can explain how he will be stomped. Or why he gets stomped.

Like I said,'or something'.

It cuts through dimensions as well. As I said, it's pretty haxx, cutting through gravity and magnetic fields (as stupid as that sounds).

Saying it would cut a concept like Sentry isn't far fetched, even if solidified.

How would Persuader know this? It's like you're drawing straws to see which one will work DS. They will see DS Sentry. They won't even know where to begin in order to stop him from reforming, and all the while he would be taking them out one at a time. How strong is DS Sentry exactly? How do we know that he isn't much stronger than Validus? He casually threw Thor so hard that he traveled over a light year. If that isn't a ridiculous feat of strength, I'm not sure what is?

Unless this was one of those threads that people were supposed to chime in to say the Fatal Five win, because they were from the non canon PC age. In this case, it really isn't good enough.

Reality Warper is getting the raw end of the deal. He's actually brought forth scans showing what the Sentry could do while at a much weaker state in character development. What he did to Owen Reece, and Loki were on panel. Do we ignore it? He either turned Owen's own powers back on him, or overpowered him using molecular control. If you can, pull up all of the scans. Then look at his Celestial feat, look at all of his insane feats. How do they resist being dispersed on a molecular level?

Marvel has obviously slated this guy to be one of the big guns, with only one weakness. Himself.

You don't have to go with anything that I'm writing, but in all fairness, you should check the credibility, and ask yourself how they are supposed to stop him. The axe probably isn't going to cut it, pardon the pun.

Last edited by Stoic on Jan 23rd, 2018 at 03:40 PM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 03:32 PM
DarkSaint85

How was it that I didn't represent Sentry properly Riv? Everything that I wrote actually happened on panel. Is it that you don't like what marvel did with the Sentry, or is it that you won't accept it? either way he isn't my creation, I was just stating that he can't die unless he wanted a particular group of characters to believe that he's dead. He's done this from his inception.

Hid his existence by erasing himself from everyone's mind.

Did it again at the end of Siege.

How many times does he actually have to do this before people believe that he can't die? He even brought his dead wife back from death if I recall correctly.

People have always hated the character. Just look at every thread that he's in. The only thing that I read is that he get stomped without any evidence. Meanwhile no one can explain how he will be stomped. Or why he gets stomped.

How would Persuader know this? It's like you're drawing straws to see which one will work DS. They will see DS Sentry. They won't even know where to begin in order to stop him from reforming, and all the while he would be taking them out one at a time. How strong is DS Sentry exactly? How do we know that he isn't much stronger than Validus? He casually threw Thor so hard that he traveled over a light year. If that isn't a ridiculous feat of strength, I'm not sure what is?

Unless this was one of those threads that people were supposed to chime in to say the Fatal Five win, because they were from the non canon PC age. In this case, it really isn't good enough.

Reality Warper is getting the raw end of the deal. He's actually brought forth scans showing what the Sentry could do while at a much weaker state in character development. What he did to Owen Reece, and Loki were on panel. Do we ignore it? He either turned Owen's own powers back on him, or overpowered him using molecular control. If you can, pull up all of the scans. Then look at his Celestial feat, look at all of his insane feats. How do they resist being dispersed on a molecular level?

Marvel has obviously slated this guy to be one of the big guns, with only one weakness. Himself.

You don't have to go with anything that I'm writing, but in all fairness, you should check the credibility, and ask yourself how they are supposed to stop him. The axe probably isn't going to cut it, pardon the pun.

What do you mean,how would they know this?

It's an axe. He cuts things with it. It's not rocket science, lol. He has like one attack, and it uses the axe.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 04:15 PM
Stoic
Avenger

He wouldn't actually hit him unless he wanted to be hit by it. If he was hit by it, he would simply reform.

Look at Thor's hammer throw.
https://static.comicvine.com/upload...485-void+11.jpg

He's pretty damned strong too. Not at all some pushover that many people have attempted to fallaciously paint him as. He's the real deal, and much larger than the Fatal Five are as a collective.

The Sentry is more of a Doctor Manhattan clone, than he is a Superman clone he isn't anything like Superman in the least tbh.

Check out his speed. I wouldn't claim hyperbole on this showing. Imagine how many would then be able to legitimately claim how this is a double standard, and that if we could accept another speed feat from another character, then why not this one as well?

Sentry is moving at this speed effortlessly, and appears to not be affected in the least by high velocities. he could probably go much faster, but Thor wouldn't have been able to survive at those speeds.

(please log in to view the image)

He even appears to live in the time stream with his statement above in the scan. It was always said that the Sentry lived several seconds into the future as well.

(please log in to view the image)

If anyone were to accuse me of trolling at this point, it would be an unwarranted accusation.

Are they as fast as he is? He's capable of doing multiple times FTL speeds.

Sorry if things are a bit out of order. I didn't have much time.

Last edited by Stoic on Jan 23rd, 2018 at 05:27 PM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 05:23 PM
DarkSaint85

thumb up he certainly has the speed to wipe the floor with them.

My initial point, was in answer to your post, which asked if they had any tools to deal with him.

My answer is the Atomic Axe.

Whether they have the speed to utilise this, is another matter.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 05:26 PM
Stoic
Avenger

thumb up he certainly has the speed to wipe the floor with them.

My initial point, was in answer to your post, which asked if they had any tools to deal with him.

My answer is the Atomic Axe.

Whether they have the speed to utilise this, is another matter.

It wouldn't work because Bob could make whatever he wanted them to see from his mind, into a solidified concept that they can interact with in the physical universe.

What you see, isn't what is with this guy., which is what most people don't seem to get. You have to really go back and delve into what Marvel created when they created this guy. He will likely be hanging out with Franklin Richards in the future, if he truly is to become a universal protector he'd be protecting it from things that the Thought Robot would combat. He was talking about protecting the Universe from higher up the chain despotic cosmic beings out to destroy reality.

They really have nothing to defeat him with DS. Seriously, go back and read up on the Sentry. Many people haven't fully understood what Marvel has released. He's pretty much invincible unless you are able to go to Bob's pocket universe and defeat him there. Anything on the outside is a solid projection of his mind. Void, Sentry, Death Seed Sentry. None can be physically vanquished, because they aren't really truly there. Lol. Sentry is messed up for real, but They can't beat him.

Last edited by Stoic on Jan 23rd, 2018 at 05:46 PM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 05:42 PM