KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » DS Sentry Vs PC Fatal Five

DS Sentry Vs PC Fatal Five
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

Sentry wins.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 05:44 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
It wouldn't work because Bob could make whatever he wanted them to see from his mind, into a solidified concept that they can interact with in the physical universe.

What you see, isn't what is with this guy., which is what most people don't seem to get. You have to really go back and delve into what Marvel created when they created this guy. He will likely be hanging out with Franklin Richards in the future, if he truly is to become a universal protector he'd be protecting it from things that the Thought Robot would combat. He was talking about protecting the Universe from higher up the chain despotic cosmic beings out to destroy reality.

They really have nothing to defeat him with DS. Seriously, go back and read up on the Sentry. Many people haven't fully understood what Marvel has released. He's pretty much invincible unless you are able to go to Bob's pocket universe and defeat him there. Anything on the outside is a solid projection of his mind. Void, Sentry, Death Seed Sentry. None can be physically vanquished, because they aren't really truly there. Lol. Sentry is messed up for real, but They can't beat him.

As I said.

The axe cut through Raven's soul self. It cuts metaphysical stuff, dimensions, gravity, magnetism. It's weird. It cuts things that shouldn't be cut.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 05:51 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Any member solos

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 05:55 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
As I said.

The axe cut through Raven's soul self. It cuts metaphysical stuff, dimensions, gravity, magnetism. It's weird. It cuts things that shouldn't be cut.

what are you suggesting that it would cut? DS Sentry isn't a soul. He's a concept. You can't compare Raven to him. They aren't remotely alike, nor is he some metaphysical entity like Rune King Thor, he isn't magic, but more along the lines of a Psionic projection or construct, given the power of whatever Bob envisions him to have. They may as well be cutting an ocean of water, because that's exactly akin to how easily he'd reform.

(please log in to view the image)

Who's soul was he talking about here? His or Bob's? The answer is simple. He is given power by Bob's soul. He doesn't actually possess one. Being a conceptual entity. Go back and look at when the Avengers were trying to defeat the Void. Bob wasn't actually present. He was in his pocket universe like a puppet master while the Void creature was his autonomous puppet. This wouldn't be like the Fatal Five vs Larfleeze. You can hit Larf. Not Bob though.

Last edited by Stoic on Jan 23rd, 2018 at 06:19 PM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 06:15 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Thats what I'm trying to say.

The axe cuts things that aren't physical.

Gravity has no molecules. No waves. It's a force. There is literally nothing to cut.

It isn't even energy. It's a physical concept

Persuader cut it.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 06:18 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Gravity has no molecules. No waves. It's a force. There is literally nothing to cut.

Persuader cut it.

Okay so it cuts him? Then he reforms. The Axe will not stop Bob from simply putting the projection back to it's original state. Then there's the speed factor. The question here is who would win? DS Sentry would. He can't lose the life that he doesn't have. He's just a product of Bob's mind. He can be brought back immediately. Can he be killed? Nope

They can't win brother, they don't have the tools to keep him from coming back instantly.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 06:26 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

He reforms because all the attacks he has met up until now, weren't attacking him on a....whatevsr level it is he exists on.

They've only been attacking him on a physical plane. Punches, blasts, whatever.

The axe is broken enough to attack on a conceptual level, as seen with gravity (which isn't a thing, but a description of the relationship between things or some such ).

Iow, it'll put him down for good.

If you want to argue that he wouldn't have the chance to cut Sentry, due to his superior speed, that's a different argument. Im sure people LIKE galan or whatever have scans of Him reacting to PC kryptonians and daxamites or slicing energy in half, whatever.

But this is similar to the Thanos thread, imo. Speed vs versatility.

And speed wins.

I just don't think the FF lack the ability to hurt him. Assuming they get the chance to.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 06:34 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Persuader cut it.

I noticed you state physical concept. He is a Psionic construct, that is not truly there, and can be reformed. He was able to make the entire human race forget that he existed as well? Wouldn't these guys be play things for an entity capable of doing that?

Anyway I don't see how they can stop him. The Axe would cut him and if it were actually capable of doing this he would just reform. I'm not arguing about persuader's Axe. I've read a few comics with the F5 in them.

They're dealing with forces way above their station. Unless a retcon is written that nerfs him down, as of this moment there really is no hard evidence to support them being able to actually defeat him.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 06:36 PM
Stoic
Avenger

I'm taking off. Be back later.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 06:37 PM
xJLxKing

I noticed you state physical concept. He is a Psionic construct, that is not truly there, and can be reformed. He was able to make the entire human race forget that he existed as well? Wouldn't these guys be play things for an entity capable of doing that?

Anyway I don't see how they can stop him. The Axe would cut him and if it were actually capable of doing this he would just reform. I'm not arguing about persuader's Axe. I've read a few comics with the F5 in them.

They're dealing with forces way above their station. Unless a retcon is written that nerfs him down, as of this moment there really is no hard evidence to support them being able to actually defeat him.

Dude it literally cuts concepts!
It cuts soul!
Soul is spiritual

Regardless, he will get mine ****ed by the TP here anyways

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 07:15 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Oh I meant it's to do with physics, not that it's a physical 'thing' you can hold.

Gravity is a relationship. A concept. Not a particle, or a wave,or energy, or anything like that. At it's most abstract, gravity is an equation.

And he cut it.

It also responds instantly to his thoughts:

Again (this is from his first showing):

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 07:23 PM
xJLxKing

Oh I meant it's to do with physics, not that it's a physical 'thing' you can hold.

Gravity is a relationship. A concept. Not a particle, or a wave,or energy, or anything like that. At it's most abstract, gravity is an equation.

And he cut it.

I’m not old enough to have stared comics during Silver/Golden age so I’m unfamiliar with all the characters outside of what little I read

Has Superman ever actually take a full hit by the axe?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 07:32 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

oops wrong thread

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 07:35 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Mon-El is as powerful as Superboy, and this implied it would cut right through him.

There was one story where Persuader failed to cut Mon-El's arm. Resulted in a huge explosion and no damage to him. But I don't think Levitz or any of the major writers did it, so I chalk it up to PIS. The same way Iron Fist failing to even scratch Warhawk ( A character who had an earlier process done that gave Cage his steel hard skin. Main difference being Warhawk looks metal), when he proved he could KO a more powerful Luke Cage (Cage brought down Warhawk in the same story.)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Jan 23rd, 2018 at 08:02 PM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 07:59 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Do you have scans of him cutting intangible stuff? The weirder the better

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 08:05 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

didn't he cut time....?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 08:24 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Didn't Sentry stop the inertia of Thor's hammer when it was tossed at him? Which really isn't the point here. You guys aren't understanding.

So what if he cut's DS Sentry, what stops DS Sentry from reforming? Why are we stuck in this moment?

Bob's only weakness if it can even be considered a weakness isn't exactly public knowledge. Thor had no idea about what Sentry was, or what he was talking about. he just thought that he was spouting some gibberish as he assumed that the Void had addled his brain.

They would have no idea where to cut. Bob's pocket universe may not even be in the immediate area. So again what is he cutting? If you mean that he would cut DS Sentry, then fine so he cuts right through him, and then DS Sentry immediately reforms which does no damage to Bob, because Bob is not the one being hit, only the solidified concept.

Again we saw Bob in a pocket universe when Emma visited him, while the Void was out in the real world treating all of Earth's heroic teams like they were less than fleas to him. That Void creature was just a solidified concept of Bob's mind. DS Sentry is Bob in full control of his mind, or in a stable state of consciousness. meaning the Void and Sentry are no longer separated, but while still not being Bob, but a concept of how strong his mind has become. Whatever people may think about the character, is their choice, but he isn't weak by any means. He's actually monstrously powerful.

Last edited by Stoic on Jan 23rd, 2018 at 08:53 PM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 08:50 PM
DarkSaint85

That's because he's only been attacked on a physical plane. Hence he could always reform.

This time, if he gets cut,it's not just him who gets cut.

The idea of Sentry,the concept of Sentry,will be cut.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 08:52 PM
Stoic
Avenger

That's because he's only been attacked on a physical plane. Hence he could always reform.

This time, if he gets cut,it's not just him who gets cut.

The idea of Sentry,the concept of Sentry,will be cut.

Okay now I get what you're seeing. let me explain it a little better.
If Persuader were to cut Hal Jordan's Light construct, it would not stop Hal from creating another one. now let's say that Hal was creating the constructs while existing in another universe that you can't see and is not close by, how do you ever stop Hal from creating more constructs? This is what Bob does, while also being able to control molecules on or above the level of the Molecule Man, or Firestorm.

That is only a fraction of what these guys would be up against. Sentry was actually stated as being able to live several second into the future. DS Sentry appeared to have been able to enter the time stream itself. But that's not 100% proof positive. The F5 are in over their heads here.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 09:01 PM
Senor Cage

And he cut it.

Nice.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 09:07 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote