KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » DS Sentry Vs PC Fatal Five

DS Sentry Vs PC Fatal Five
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JBL
Wrestling God

Mon-El stopped that ax with his arm. Zero damage.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 09:10 PM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
Okay now I get what you're seeing. let me explain it a little better.
If Persuader were to cut Hal Jordan's Light construct, it would not stop Hal from creating another one. now let's say that Hal was creating the constructs while existing in another universe that you can't see and is not close by, how do you ever stop Hal from creating more constructs? This is what Bob does, while also being able to control molecules on or above the level of the Molecule Man, or Firestorm.

That is only a fraction of what these guys would be up against. Sentry was actually stated as being able to live several second into the future. DS Sentry appeared to have been able to enter the time stream itself. But that's not 100% proof positive. The F5 are in over their heads here.

Except the Persuader could just cut his will power.

That's what I mean by haxx.

It's PC silliness here.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 09:11 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by JBL
Mon-El stopped that ax with his arm. Zero damage.

Mon El was nearly KOed by the shaft, he wasn't even hit by the blade.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 09:12 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Except the Persuader could just cut his will power.

That's what I mean by haxx.

It's PC silliness here.

I get the PC era crazy stuff, but, and I have read a few old schol LOSh comics with the P5 in it, and noticed that yes he could cut anything with that axe, but I also noticed that he saw what he was striking. In this case he wouldn't be told a thing, or know much more than the Avengers do about Sentry, and how his powers actually work, because they're a mystery to the general population of Earth. Most just view him like people in the DC U view Superman, but he is completely different than Superman in terms of power set.

I just can't see how Persuader is cutting something that he isn't aware even exists. While Bob can turn them all into ashes. That's all that I'm saying here. PC won't save them, and that's how haxx DS Sentry is presently.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 09:22 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I get the PC era crazy stuff, but, and I have read a few old schol LOSh comics with the P5 in it, and noticed that yes he could cut anything with that axe, but I also noticed that he saw what he was striking. In this case he wouldn't be told a thing, or know much more than the Avengers do about Sentry, and how his powers actually work, because they're a mystery to the general population of Earth. Most just view him like people in the DC U view Superman, but he is completely different than Superman in terms of power set.

I just can't see how Persuader is cutting something that he isn't aware even exists. While Bob can turn them all into ashes. That's all that I'm saying here. PC won't save them, and that's how haxx DS Sentry is presently.

He can't see gravity or magnetic fields.....he cut them just fine. He slashes through dimensions....like Leo said, he cut time (possibly).

He slashes at things and they get cut. That's...just how it is.

Unless you have proof he needs a target to, well,target,that's just speculation on your part.

Again,not saying they win.

Am saying they have the tools to hurt him. Whether they get the chance to, is a diff matter.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 09:27 PM
riv6672

He can't see gravity or magnetic fields.....he cut them just fine. He slashes through dimensions....like Leo said, he cut time (possibly).

Unless you have proof he needs a target to, well,target,that's just speculation on your part.

Am saying they have the tools to hurt him. Whether they get the chance to, is a diff matter.

This is what i meant by haxx, too. Add Validus and EE...it seems a good fight.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 09:43 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Like you said before PC silliness as it is. He still had a focus to where he was aiming that axe. in this case he has no idea what he should be striking at, and it's not even a certainty that he'd be able to cut Bob within his pocket universe. It wouldn't be fair to say that the laws of one universe had the right to supersede the laws of another universe.

PC age ran by it's own laws. Persuarder would have no idea where to strike. We both know this. Arguing in circles now.

Not up to doing this. DS Sentry does have the power to end them, if he was able to mess Owen up while only discovering that he had those abilities. DS Sentry would be able to screw Owen up even faster. DS Sentry is well versed with the knowledge of what he can do as opposed to who he was during Siege. Is there a reason why the F5 wouldn't be turned to molecules the moment that this began?

Don't care about the axe any longer. So it can cut him. I don't believe that it stops him from reforming. because it wouldn't, and Bob isn't exactly the type that would tell them either.

Last edited by Stoic on Jan 23rd, 2018 at 09:55 PM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 09:44 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

hmm, feels like some no-limits going on here.... maybe sentry is invulnerable but how exactly does he hurt a guy who is a dozen times more powerful than pc superboy? pc characters bounce off validus like ping pong balls. and who knows what effect his psychic lightning would have on a nut job like sentry. this sentry talk is something else.

stoic what are u basing all these thoughts of sentry on? what do you mean he's not really "there" to be cut?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 09:49 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
Don't care about the axe any longer. So it can cut him. I don't believe that it stops him from reforming. because it wouldn't, and Bob isn't exactly the type that would tell them either.

You're speculating again.
I counter with speculation that once cut with that axe, the one you no longer care about but are trying to take off the table, things don't just reform.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 09:51 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by leonidas
hmm, feels like some no-limits going on here.... maybe sentry is invulnerable but how exactly does he hurt a guy who is a dozen times more powerful than pc superboy? pc characters bounce off validus like ping pong balls. and who knows what effect his psychic lightning would have on a nut job like sentry. this sentry talk is something else.

stoic what are u basing all these thoughts of sentry on? what do you mean he's not really "there" to be cut?

Reread all that I wrote. Sentry is a solidified concept of Bob's mind. He can't die because he isn't truly alive in the same sense as a normal human, which is why he can continue coming back from apparent death.

Do you think that the Molecule Man could defeat Val? Well during Siege, Sentry came by the realization that he could do what Owen could. It happened on panel.

Last edited by Stoic on Jan 23rd, 2018 at 10:04 PM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 09:59 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by riv6672
You're speculating again.
I counter with speculation that once cut with that axe, the one you no longer care about but are trying to take off the table, things don't just reform.

And if he turned them all to ash, then what?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 10:03 PM
Stoic
Avenger

@Leo, you don't actually have to have no limit to your power in order to defeat the F5.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 10:06 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Reread all that I wrote. Sentry is a solidified concept of Bob's mind. He can't die because he isn't truly alive in the same sense as a normal human, which is why he can continue coming back from apparent death.

Do you think that the Molecule Man could defeat Val? Well during Siege, Sentry came by the realization that he could do what Owen could. It happened on panel.

do we know this version of sentry retained the knowledge he previously had? didn't seem to exhibit any of those powers.

and could the version of owen sentry beat beat val? i dunno tbh. and true you don't have to have no limits, but the limits you're extending him too are well beyond what we saw this version do afaik... his mental state has ALWAYS been his ultimate governor. because of that, not sure how we can extend something he did (or realized) pre death seed, to this version. it should certainly be a question when we never really saw him use that power set in this version. owen's powers would have come in handy against a celestial, the worm and even thor.

Last edited by leonidas on Jan 23rd, 2018 at 10:12 PM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 10:08 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

do we know this version of sentry retained the knowledge he previously had? didn't seem to exhibit any of those powers.

and could the version of owen sentry beat beat val? i dunno tbh. and true you don't have to have no limits, but the limits you're extending him too are well beyond what we saw this version do afaik... his mental state has ALWAYS been his ultimate governor. because of that, not sure how we can extend something he did (or realized) pre death seed, to this version. it should certainly be a question when we never really saw him use that power set in this version. owen's powers would have come in handy against a celestial, the worm and even thor.

Would you forget that you could walk after you'd done it before, especially if you stated that you were more aware of yourself than you were in the past? I'd expect that you'd be able to run in this case. Seems like an attempt to discredit. I think it's a poor means of arguing tbh. Like I said before, Sentry has been one of the most hated characters in comics, but it's no reason to refuse that he's crazy powerful.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 10:16 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Owen had no problem using his powers Leo, he just had no defense against similar powers working on him in reverse. The Sentry has his abilities, and others that he doesn't possess.

As DS Sentry, he was completely in control of his mental state, if you didn't notice when he ripped Thor away from his team to give him a message of his importance in the coming future. He wasn't there for a huge display of power, and was just toying with Thor. He could have killed him at any time.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 10:21 PM
riv6672

And if he turned them all to ash, then what?

I speculate EE would block that move.
See, it works both ways.

And, proving my point, this type of back & firth gets us nowhere as its not a debate.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 11:05 PM
JBL
Wrestling God

Mon El was nearly KOed by the shaft, he wasn't even hit by the blade.
let me go through my comics collection and see, but I believe persuader was about to kill shadow lass and Mon-el let the blade hit his arm and stopped it.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 11:17 PM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Would you forget that you could walk after you'd done it before, especially if you stated that you were more aware of yourself than you were in the past? I'd expect that you'd be able to run in this case. Seems like an attempt to discredit. I think it's a poor means of arguing tbh. Like I said before, Sentry has been one of the most hated characters in comics, but it's no reason to refuse that he's crazy powerful.

you say discredit, i say you're crediting him unduly. i have as much evidence that he CAN'T go all owen level in this state, as you do that he CAN, so careful with the claims of poor argumentation. my guess would be that one scot likely has all relevant scans. maybe i'll hit him up or if he's lurking he can post them. me and you aren't, nor will we be on, the same page with regards to sentry. if i can round up the scans that will at least give others a chance to judge for themselves.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 11:17 PM
riv6672

^^^that'd be nice.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 11:37 PM
tkitna

you say discredit, i say you're crediting him unduly. i have as much evidence that he CAN'T go all owen level in this state, as you do that he CAN, so careful with the claims of poor argumentation. my guess would be that one scot likely has all relevant scans. maybe i'll hit him up or if he's lurking he can post them. me and you aren't, nor will we be on, the same page with regards to sentry. if i can round up the scans that will at least give others a chance to judge for themselves.

Dsentry did show molecular manipulation when he created the sand giants in my opinion. Some say he did it with TP, but I disagree. I admit that it was never stated on panel though as to how he was doing it.

By Stoic

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 10:44 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote