KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Tourney - Low Meta

Tourney - Low Meta
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

Yup.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 05:16 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Yes, hes doing that because it's randomized and the chances of him having penguin is slim.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Last edited by carver9 on Jan 28th, 2018 at 05:22 PM

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 05:20 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

thumb up

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 05:24 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Ok then. Better hope you don't actually get him.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 07:09 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash

Oh yeah, carver, are you going to be participating?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 07:10 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Yes, hes doing that because it's randomized and the chances of him having penguin is slim.
Well this tourney concept only works if nobody does this, or everybody does....

So I guess I switch my nomination to Catwoman.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 07:23 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

lol you know, it would be ALMOST fun to have a tourney with the bottom rung of the ladder guys. digging up feats for alfred and penguin would likely be...surprising, and MAYBE a little bit fun. catwoman isn't terrible though. that said i change to jarvis. thumb up

btw, this is one half of the reason i suggested randomizing the entire tier. add the lower tiers too, so long as there isn't a large degree of difference between the characters. it's also one of the issues with randomizing. slash could always create his OWN list too. that way we could look at it and if we don't wanna take part, we don't. really only need 4 people to make this work anyway. /shrug or go with the classic draft style, though he does seem to want randomization.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 07:58 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Phuck you guys I’m out.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2018 01:18 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Don't be like dat baby

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Jan 29th, 2018 02:02 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 29th, 2018 02:08 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash

Originally posted by leonidas
slash could always create his OWN list too. that way we could look at it and if we don't wanna take part, we don't. really only need 4 people to make this work anyway. /shrug or go with the classic draft style, though he does seem to want randomization.
*sigh* I leave the thread for a few hours and it's already come to this. Fine, I'll make a list and then just randomize from there. There will be no picking of characters, you'll just get one randomly from the following list. It's a mixture of street-low meta characters.

Archer (Valiant), Armstrong, Bane, Batman, Bebop, Black Panther, Black Tarantula, Black Widow, Captain America, Catwoman, Chewbacca, Daredevil, Darth Maul, Deadpool, Deathstroke, Doc Ock, Eternal Warrior, Gambit, Grendel, Harley Quinn, Killer Croc, Lady Deathstrike, Lady Shiva, Luke Cage, Mysterio, Mystique, Nightcrawler, Ninjak, Nuke, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Poison Ivy, Prometheus, Punisher, Rocksteady, Sabretooth, Shang Chi, Silver Samurai, Snake Eyes, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, The Shadow, Winter Soldier, Wizard, Wolverine

There's the list. I might add a few characters later, but for now, that's it. I need everyone that's participating to say so by Wednesday.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2018 03:20 AM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Interesting. I'm still in.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Jan 29th, 2018 04:07 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I'm still game

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 29th, 2018 02:08 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

I'm in.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2018 02:19 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

I'm in.

But bebop? Obi Wan Kenobi? Meh.

Tier is pretty unbalanced on many matches, but it should be interesting.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Jan 29th, 2018 at 02:36 PM

Old Post Jan 29th, 2018 02:33 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash

Originally posted by Philosophía
I'm in.

But bebop? Obi Wan Kenobi? Meh.

Tier is pretty unbalanced on many matches, but it should be interesting.
the point of characters like them is to make you have to actually research their feats. Both of them definitely belong here.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2018 03:26 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by deathslash
the point of characters like them is to make you have to actually research their feats. Both of them definitely belong here.
I know, I was the one who brought randomization to tourneys, lol.

If somebody gets Bebop, they might as well troll.

Obi-Wan from the movies I assume?

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Jan 29th, 2018 at 03:50 PM

Old Post Jan 29th, 2018 03:35 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Alright, so I went back over the thread and compiled a list of every character that the contestants have chosen. Correct me if I'm wrong.

LoB nominated Klaw, Beatboks nominated Longshot, and Smurph nominated Madrox, but I'm banning those characters. Way too powerful. This means that LoB, Beatboks and Smurph get to choose another character. thumb up

Here are the rules:

Your characters come armed with what the normally use. If your character currently has a weapon, gadget, or suit that currently puts them past the low meta tier (a good example is deathstroke and his Ikon armor), you're not allowed to use that weapon gadget, or suit for pretty obvious reasons.

You are allowed to take characters from lower tiers as well as characters that aren't on this list. As long as it can be agreed that the character you choose is low meta or below, you can use them.

The battlefield will be the Savage land.

There will be no prep time.

This will be randomized and I will choose a few character to throw into the list to make getting your choice even harder.

I actually chose Longshot because of the randomization and the liw likelihood of me drawing him. While hes one of my Fav Marvel characyers by far hes a pretty easy beat when you know him well enough. That luck of his has a bad side. Anyhow if its back to tje drawing board Dan Garret Blue Beetle

Old Post Jan 29th, 2018 03:44 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

*sigh* I leave the thread for a few hours and it's already come to this. Fine, I'll make a list and then just randomize from there. There will be no picking of characters, you'll just get one randomly from the following list. It's a mixture of street-low meta characters.

Archer (Valiant), Armstrong, Bane, Batman, Bebop, Black Panther, Black Tarantula, Black Widow, Captain America, Catwoman, Chewbacca, Daredevil, Darth Maul, Deadpool, Deathstroke, Doc Ock, Eternal Warrior, Gambit, Grendel, Harley Quinn, Killer Croc, Lady Deathstrike, Lady Shiva, Luke Cage, Mysterio, Mystique, Nightcrawler, Ninjak, Nuke, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Poison Ivy, Prometheus, Punisher, Rocksteady, Sabretooth, Shang Chi, Silver Samurai, Snake Eyes, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, The Shadow, Winter Soldier, Wizard, Wolverine

There's the list. I might add a few characters later, but for now, that's it. I need everyone that's participating to say so by Wednesday.

Oops didnt get this far (I REALLY need to get into the habit of catching up a whole thread b4 replying)

List is fine

Old Post Jan 29th, 2018 03:47 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

My winning the tournament is a mere formality.
That being said I'm in!

Old Post Jan 29th, 2018 03:48 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote