KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Trump hurts Renewable Energy

Trump hurts Renewable Energy
Started by: Rockydonovang

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Ellimist

I mean Trump talks a lot about how he wants to face down China but then makes moves that directly help China get ahead of us just so he can put "made in America" on his campaign ads lmfao.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 10:39 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Can you explain how adding a tax on Chinese solar cells helps them?

And he's keeping his word with this and the current investigation that is coming to a conclusion regarding left of intellectual property. Which most likely will be resulting in a very large fine on China for it. Also he slapped a 30% tax on Samsung washer and dryers at the same time he put this tax on foreign renewalable energy.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 11:09 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
The increased cost is also then transferred onto the consumer in the final product. Even more-so if supply is affected.

ie He'll be paying more for those US made solar panels when he decides to redo his house, if he can find any to begin with. Which I'm sure he's totally cool with or something

Actually that's not how micro economics work. They will in turn have to raise their prices which will make American manufacturing more competitive.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 11:11 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
KMC's #1 Top Rated Member

Competitive when the solar panels can't be made in the first place or made cheaply? Alright, you're done here.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 11:15 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have American made solar panels. Sorry, you are done here.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 11:17 PM
Robtard

Originally posted by Blindside12
I have American made solar panels. Sorry, you are done here.

Not ones built under these new tariffs, those are several years old by now. Unless you traveled to the future, bought replacements and came back.

Nice try though, but do expect to pay a lot more when you need replacements. #maga

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 11:21 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sorry but you don't know as much as you think you do, about everything, like you claim to about everything.

Thanks for caring about my pocketbook. But mine are under warranty for 25 years. Nice try

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 11:22 PM
Robtard

I know the panels on your house are several years old now, as I remember a few years ago when we spoke about it

I know that these tariffs haven't been implemented just yet

I know that just the threat of these tariffs have caused in uptick in prices on solar panels and related equipment in the US

I know that a warranty is useless if the given company goes out of business #maga

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 11:25 PM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

2 years old, now you are assuming the longest running solar manufacturer Sunpower is going out of business. What gives you that impression #mriknoweverything

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 11:28 PM
Robtard

Anyhow, your trying to confuse the issue with nonsense aside, this isn't a good thing for US solar/renewable energy industry. Remove your Rose-Colored-Trumper-Glasses

"Tens of thousands" of US jobs lost is a bad thing. Consumers having to pay more for solar is a bad thing. Hell, those unemployed Solar industry people can't even go back to the coal industry, as coal is going more and more automated. #maga

ps You can directly thank Obama for your Sunpower equipment. #thanksobama

Last edited by Robtard on Jan 24th, 2018 at 11:34 PM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 11:32 PM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Remove your Trump bias glasses that everything under the sun is his fault. It's starting to get annoying. #mriknoweverything

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 11:32 PM
Robtard

Remove your Trump bias glasses that everything under the sun is his fault. It's starting to get annoying. #mriknoweverything

Um, how is this issue not Trump's fault? Was he mind-controlled? Forced? Threatened against his will? Explain.

On Monday, Trump approved duties of as much as 30 percent on solar equipment made outside the U.S., a move that threatens to handicap a $28 billion industry that relies on parts made abroad for 80 percent of its supply. -snip

ps You should really thank Obama for your solar. Just common courtesy

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 11:35 PM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's ironic you care about this but didn't care about the Solyndra Scandal.

Your bias is clear and well established.

PS. I never claimed the tax credit or used it for my panels. Wrong again.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 11:38 PM
The Ellimist

Nah Trump's policy is far more impactful, it covers the entire industry not a single startup lol

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 11:40 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Which you know what about exactly? Lol

The sky is always falling if Trump's involved lol

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 11:41 PM
Robtard

PS. I never claimed the tax credit or used it for my panels. Wrong again.

When did I say this? Did you even know me in 2011ish? How is that even comparable?

Seems like you're doing a "but Obama!", because you can't defend Trump here.

ps Right, because you hate money

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 11:41 PM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

But you just said I should thank Obama and brought him up first. Now your claiming I'm doing "but Obama" when that's exactly what you did before I even mentioned him.

Thanks Esta!

Last edited by Blindside12 on Jan 24th, 2018 at 11:52 PM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 11:42 PM
The Ellimist

Which you know what about exactly? Lol

The sky is always falling if Trump's involved lol

You're not really responding to anything at this point.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 11:43 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

honestly, the issue of the environment alone warrants voting against Trump in 2020, easily the biggest issue facing America or really any country in the world.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 03:29 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Weird, air quality keeps getting better in the US despite the unending "Trump, the sky is falling!" Comments from the ignorant.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 03:48 PM