KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Trump hurts Renewable Energy

Trump hurts Renewable Energy
Started by: Rockydonovang

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blindside12
Weird, air quality keeps getting better in the US despite the unending "Trump, the sky is falling!" Comments from the ignorant.
Literally every prominent scientist from every single major scientific initiative in the entire world has unanimously come out against America’s Trumpian policies on energy and the environment. The Avengers of scientists essentially, from over 165 countries, are all in agreement that we are fuking the pooch.

How can you look at that and continue to trust the politicians instead?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 04:00 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Quote me where I said I trust politians on the environment? How's that gas powered vehicle you drive though for the environment Mr. Eco Friendly Guy?

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 04:04 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I thought leftists supported taxes?

They should be happy the Government is getting its cut.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 04:14 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Quote me where I said I trust politians on the environment? How's that gas powered vehicle you drive though for the environment Mr. Eco Friendly Guy?
So are you against Trump’s policies on energy and the environment?

I’m a college student so I take public transportation everywhere... But that’s besides the point, why should we blame the ordinary folks who drive gas powered vehicles because they’re the only affordable option? Shouldn’t the government have a responsibility to invest in renewable forms of energy that drive the costs down for ordinary folk to buy more eco friendly cars?

Blaming the pawns and tiny pieces like you and I is not helpful in any way.

On the bright side, although our government is failing us when it comes to technological innovation and renewable energies at least the private sector is stepping up. Elon Musk and Tesla are making that shit affordable

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 04:17 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
I thought leftists supported taxes?

They should be happy the Government is getting its cut.
The oil and coal industry are getting huge infusions of government capital in the form of subsidies while clean energy gets taxed. Isn’t that a bit backwards? Come on

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 04:19 PM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tesla can't even make 100 Model 3 cars and get them delivered. You are very uniformed. GM was the pioneer with the Ev-1 and Volt on a mass produced eletric car, not telsa. But it's typical that a latte sipping austinite college guy like yourself would go straight to praise telsa, who's business only exists because of goverment subsidies and tax payer money to even be operating.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 04:21 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote:
I’ve never been a fan of Trump’s protectionism. Free trade FTW

Emperordmb:

Do liberals generally support protectionism? (In general. Not a criticism of your own beliefs.)

The way I see it, the environment is important to leftists. But so is poverty.

Imports contribute to poverty by taking away work that can be done locally.

Therefore, many leftists should support protectionism, because it helps reduce poverty.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 04:22 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tesla can't even make 100 Model 3 cars and get them delivered. You are very uniformed. GM was the pioneer with the Ev-1 and Volt on a mass produced eletric car, not telsa. But it's typical that a latte sipping austinite college guy like uoirw lf would go straight to proase telsa, who's business services of goverment subsidies and tax payer money to even be operating.
Nobody said Tesla invented electric cars, I’m well aware they’ve existed since the 90s. What Tesla has done is popularized them and reignited growth in the electric car industry. Not to mention that base models are already affordable for those in the upper echelon of middle class.

GM just said that I’m 20 years they’ll be 100% electric, which is crazy.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 04:24 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

And you never answered the question, do you disagree with Trump’s Environmental policies?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 04:26 PM
snowdragon

You want "clean" energy in our current state of technology, go nuclear.

Although I really dig tidal energy sources. Solar energy great for your home, terrible for the enviroment and birds pick your poison.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 04:27 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Firefly218
Nobody said Tesla invented electric cars, I’m well aware they’ve existed since the 90s. What Tesla has done is popularized them and reignited growth in the electric car industry. Not to mention that base models are already affordable for those in the upper echelon of middle class.

Those base modles they can't even get made. How about you do some research. Or on how bad they treat their employees, work them 12-15 hours a day and pay them crappy and won't let unions in their plants.

You really are a fraud environmentalist.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 04:29 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by snowdragon
You want "clean" energy in our current state of technology, go nuclear.

Although I really dig tidal energy sources. Solar energy great for your home, terrible for the enviroment and birds pick your poison.

You're right.

A professor wrote an Op-Ed about the subject, and how he stood right in front of the air vents of a power plant to prove a point.

Turns out he disappointed his anti-nuclear students, who told him "You shouldn't have done that".

The takeaway was whether it was safe or not didn't even matter. Politics.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 04:29 PM
snowdragon

quote:

How are those cars charged.................when solar panels are made or destroyed what happens to the meterials used in them, is it safe to just pour into the ground?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 04:30 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

And you never answered the question, do you disagree with Trump’s Environmental policies?

The free market dictates what's viable, government decided Tesla is viable, enough they are not. They can't make money. They survive off government taxes. The same thing you say you hate.

Thanks Esta!

Last edited by Blindside12 on Jan 25th, 2018 at 04:34 PM

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 04:30 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
Emperordmb:

Do liberals generally support protectionism? (In general. Not a criticism of your own beliefs.)

The way I see it, the environment is important to leftists. But so is poverty.

Imports contribute to poverty by taking away work that can be done locally.

Therefore, many leftists should support protectionism, because it helps reduce poverty.
The environment has nothing to do with leftists or identity politics. Global warming is the White Walkers to the north and everything else is trivial Westeros bullshit. We all have to live here, even Republicans.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 04:31 PM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

The vast majority of the people who voted for Trump live outside urban areas who live a more sustainable life then the Democrats who live in the cities surviving off the food those evil Republicans provide for them. Fly, you literally have no clue what you are talking about.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 04:36 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Those base modles they can't even get made. How about you do some research. Or on how bad they treat their employees, work them 12-15 hours a day and pay them crappy and won't let unions in their plants.

You really are a fraud environmentalist.
Tesla leads America in sales of electric vehicles. There were only slight delays in deliveries and manufacturing. But 2017 was a record breaking year for electric vehicles.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/arstec...merica/%3famp=1

Bad treatment of employees is another matter.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 04:38 PM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tesla leads America in sales of electric vehicles. There were only slight delays in deliveries and manufacturing. But 2017 was a record breaking year for electric vehicles.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/arstec...merica/%3famp=1

Bad treatment of employees is another matter.

Telsas average price range is $75,000. I thought you hated the rich and the rich getting richer. Which is exactly what Tesla represents. Getting the tax dollars from the poor to subsidies the rich. You should hate everything telsa stands for. But you love them just another uniformed latte sipping college guy.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 04:39 PM
snowdragon

The free market dictates what's viable, government decided Tesla is viable, enough they are not. They can't make money. They survive off government taxes. The same thing you say you hate.

In the wild west of capitalism there is probably little argument against that.

I would also argue that the govt picks far to many winners and losers so capitalism has taken a swing from free market to controling the govt....which isn't a "free market."

So where does that leave us?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 04:40 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by snowdragon
How are those cars charged.................when solar panels are made or destroyed what happens to the meterials used in them, is it safe to just pour into the ground?
That’s not a good argument against solar energy. Panels can be made out of different substances or recycled. If managed correctly this issue is a Zero.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 04:40 PM