KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Trump hurts Renewable Energy

Trump hurts Renewable Energy
Started by: Rockydonovang

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Firefly218
The environment has nothing to do with leftists or identity politics. Global warming is the White Walkers to the north and everything else is trivial Westeros bullshit. We all have to live here, even Republicans.

I disagree.

The environment should not be an excuse to abandon social justice. You can do both.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 04:41 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

quote:
That’s not a good argument against solar energy. Panels can be made out of different substances or recycled. If managed correctly this issue is a Zero.

You didn't even answer my question, just attacked me. What does management mean?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 04:42 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nice caveat. Tesla still on top in US electric vehicle sales, GM close behind

Nice of you to leave that out. It's also interesting how GM is right behind them even though Tesla's fleet is all eletric, GMs is not.

Telsas average price range is $75,000. I thought you hated the rich and the rich getting richer. Which is exactly what Tesla represents. Getting the tax dollars from the poor to subsidies the rich. You should hate everything telsa stands for. But you love them just another uniformed latte sipping college guy.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 04:42 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blindside12
The vast majority of the people who voted for Trump live outside urban areas who live a more sustainable life then the Democrats who live in the cities surviving off the food those evil Republicans provide for them. Fly, you literally have no clue what you are talking about.
It doesn’t matter where you live, climate change is going to effect EVERYONE.

Already in a South Africa metropolis, they have extreme scarcity of fresh water. If it doesn’t rain soon, the water will be gone. So the municipal government has shut off all the water in all the homes and set up little stations guarded by soldiers where people are allowed 3 Gallons each per day...

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 04:43 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Here we go. Let's talk about Africa, because it's the one place anyone can find a plausable argument to bolster their losing one here. The African argument is where any progressive goes when they are losing a domestic argument.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 04:45 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
I disagree.

The environment should not be an excuse to abandon social justice. You can do both.
Oh yeah, I agree with that too. Do both. I’m just saying that climate change is not just a lefty issue, it’s an everyone issue

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 04:45 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by cdtm
Emperordmb:

Do liberals generally support protectionism? (In general. Not a criticism of your own beliefs.)

The way I see it, the environment is important to leftists. But so is poverty.

Imports contribute to poverty by taking away work that can be done locally.

Therefore, many leftists should support protectionism, because it helps reduce poverty.

Well it depends on what you mean by liberal. If you're talking about social liberals, then I could see them being fans of protectionist policy.

Classical liberals however adhere more to economic liberalism than social liberals do, which makes them right-wing economically as opposed to their left-wing social liberal counterparts, and part of economic liberalism is valuing free trade.

Classical liberals and social liberals pretty much hold the same principles when it comes to social policy, ie. the liberty of the individual should be protected first and foremost, however classical liberals extend those principles to economics which makes them economically right-wing, whereas social liberals are much more in favor of left-wing economics.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 04:46 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nice of you to leave that out. It's also interesting how GM is right behind them even though Tesla's fleet is all eletric, GMs is not.

Telsas average price range is $75,000. I thought you hated the rich and the rich getting richer. Which is exactly what Tesla represents. Getting the tax dollars from the poor to subsidies the rich. You should hate everything telsa stands for. But you love them just another uniformed latte sipping college guy.

The inconvenient truth you want to avoid.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 04:46 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cool I’m rooting for GM also. I don’t have any corporate loyalty, anywhere there is progress I am happy.

And the cheapest Tesla at base model is 35000, which is VERY affordable.

And Tesla no longer gets tax dollars. But the reason I was okay with it when Tesla was getting tax dollars, is because my understanding was that the cars may be initially expensive but with enough investment and advancement they can drive the costs down so that the less wealthy can afford it. Which is exactly what’s happened.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 04:51 PM
snowdragon

quote:
Oh yeah, I agree with that too. Do both. I’m just saying that climate change is not just a lefty issue, it’s an everyone issue

Cause heads, root of our problems.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 04:51 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

quote:
Cool I’m rooting for GM also. I don’t have any corporate loyalty, anywhere there is progress I am happy.

And Tesla no longer gets tax dollars. But the reason I was okay with it when Tesla was getting tax dollars, is because my understanding was that the cars may be initially expensive but with enough investment and advancement they can drive the costs down so that the less wealthy can afford it. Which is exactly what’s happened.

So unless you believe that everyone should own a car, an electric car when in the very same timeline we are looking at self driven cars then how does this help with reducing polution/energy usage?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 04:54 PM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

You don't know anything about Telsa. Doubt you have ever even driven one.

Sure if you want to get the base model, with the smallest battery, no upgrades whatso ever. Bottom of the barrel, you might pay $35,000, plus dealer fees, freight, shipping tax etc. You are looking at $45,000.

All you are doing is spewing corporate propaganda that you can get one for $35k. Which is a lie, so you are either willfully ignorant, un experienced in buying a new car from a dealer or just spreading lies.

Tesla does get a tax credit. Link below.

Thanks Esta!

Last edited by Blindside12 on Jan 25th, 2018 at 04:58 PM

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 04:55 PM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 04:56 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by snowdragon
So unless you believe that everyone should own a car, an electric car when in the very same timeline we are looking at self driven cars then how does this help with reducing polution/energy usage?
I heard an interesting projection of self-driving cars by some Silicon Valley guy. He said something like they will be the transition away from everyone owning their own individual car.

Vehicles can become a tax funded public property and drive everyone to work or school or wherever else they need to go.

There’s also the idea that if you own a self-driving car, once it drops you off to work you can send your car to pick others up like an uber service.

So many possibilities, all of which cut down on waste

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 05:02 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

That credit is not just for Tesla cars, it's for electric cars in general and some hybrids

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/taxevb.shtml

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 05:03 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

And since their business is 100% electric they survive of that tax credit. As usual, you have to disagree with me on something. Can't ever agree on anything.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 05:07 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

You don't know anything about Telsa. Doubt you have ever even driven one.

Sure if you want to get the base model, with the smallest battery, no upgrades whatso ever. Bottom of the barrel, you might pay $35,000, plus dealer fees, freight, shipping tax etc. You are looking at $45,000.

All you are doing is spewing corporate propaganda that you can get one for $35k. Which is a lie, so you are either willfully ignorant, un experienced in buying a new car from a dealer or just spreading lies.

Tesla does get a tax credit. Link below.
Okay I don’t care if you hate the company Tesla, they are not the point anyways.

The point is that we need to transition to cheap and efficient renewable energies faster than we are now. And Trump is retarding all progress and even taking us backwards.

It’s not a lefty issue, you have to live on this planet just as I do.

Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Okay I don’t care if you hate the company Tesla, they are not the point anyways.

The point is that we need to transition to cheap and efficient renewable energies faster than we are now. And Trump is retarding all progress and even taking us backwards.

It’s not a lefty issue, you have to live on this planet just as I do.

I love being lectured by a college student sipping lattes "environmentalist" while I live in a carbon neutral, American made Solar powered home, driving an American made EV

Thanks Esta!

Last edited by Blindside12 on Jan 25th, 2018 at 05:13 PM

Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

And since their business is 100% electric they survive of that tax credit. As usual, you have to disagree with me on something. Can't ever agree on anything.
The tax credits are to encourage people to abandon harmful gas vehicles and go for cheaper advantageous clean energy vehicles. What is your issue with that?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 05:09 PM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

The tax credits are to encourage people to abandon harmful gas vehicles and go for cheaper advantageous clean energy vehicles. What is your issue with that?

Practice what you preach. That's my issue.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 05:10 PM