KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Oscars 2018

Oscars 2018
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

2 movies (THE SHAPE OF WATER, 3 BILLBOARDS) i actually like in the OP list.
Thsts pretty good, for me. Oscar movies i usually end up seeming 'meh' to me.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 06:16 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

3 Billboards will win best picture.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 01:39 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack M
**** no. Shape of Water all the way, it wins best Pic and best Director.

Blade Runner 2049 wins best cinematography

Dunkirk wins best film score

These are things I know to be 100% true

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 03:15 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Zack M

I wouldnt mind that, or Shape of Water. Liked them both.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 04:56 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

So this is a thing for some reason: http://ew.com/movies/2018/01/25/gal...r-woman-oscars/

Though everyone kind of agreed that there was better stuff but I guess not.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 09:59 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Saw Shape of Water last night. Liked it a lot.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 10:20 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by BackFire

You like fish sticks in your mouth, don't you?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 10:45 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by BackFire

Nice, I'll watch it, then.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 10:47 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

You should watch it now.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 11:17 PM
tkitna

Darkest Hour was fantastic. Dunkirk and The Shape Of Water are the only other two I've seen out of the rest. I do want to watch Lady Bird and Three Billboards. The rest I have no interest.

I hope Allison Janney gets some type of attention for the work she did in 'I,Tonya'. She was awesome in that movie.

By Stoic

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 11:50 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Firefly218
I’m disappointed Patrick Stewart and Hugh Jackman didn’t get any

The Greatest Showman certainly makes it into my list of Top Fav Movies, and certainly a candidate for an Oscar!

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 04:07 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Saw The Post last night and was supremely unimpressed. Good cast, good story, good director and a movie that made me wonder why the hell I was wasting my time. I saw one critic describe it a "stodgy" and unimaginative" and I couldn't agree more.

Meryl Streep had one good scene so good for her, I guess, but nearly everyone else (including Tom Hanks) could have been replaced and it would have made no difference. Makes sense that it was only nominated in one category and in my opinion Frances McDormand kicked Meryl's butt. Haven't seen TSOW or any of the other movies in that category yet so I can't speak to them.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 04:16 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Just watched 'Lady Bird'. How is this movie being nominated for an Oscar? How many times do we need to watch the same old teen angst BS? Any after school special will give you the same content as Lady Bird.

By Stoic

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 07:09 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Wanting Gary Oldman to win Best Actor, Dunkirk for BP, and Logan to win Adapted Screenplay smile smile smile smile

Didn't see much this year, but wouldn't mind seeing most of the field if I can find the time.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 06:31 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Re: Oscars 2018

Originally posted by Patient_Leech

CALL ME BY YOUR NAME
Peter Spears, Luca Guadagnino, Emilie Georges and Marco Morabito, Producers

DARKEST HOUR
Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner, Lisa Bruce, Anthony McCarten and Douglas Urbanski, Producers

DUNKIRK
Emma Thomas and Christopher Nolan, Producers

GET OUT
Sean McKittrick, Jason Blum, Edward H. Hamm Jr. and Jordan Peele, Producers

LADY BIRD
Scott Rudin, Eli Bush and Evelyn O'Neill, Producers

PHANTOM THREAD
JoAnne Sellar, Paul Tho[/b]mas Anderson, Megan Ellison and Daniel Lupi, Producers

THE POST
Amy Pascal, Steven Spielberg and Kristie Macosko Krieger, Producers

THE SHAPE OF WATER
Guillermo del Toro and J. Miles Dale, Producers

THREE BILLBOARDS OUTSIDE EBBING, MISSOURI
Graham Broadbent, Pete Czernin and Martin McDonagh, Producers

I watched Three Billboards and Darkest Hour this weekend. Enjoyed them both. Three Billboards needed another scene or two at the end. It felt unfinished, but otherwise a great, great film. Darkest Hour was very good, but moreso because of Gary Oldman as Winston Churchill. Awesome performance. I'm hoping he wins for that. It's a very good film, but I don't see it winning Best Picture.

Looking forward to watching Lady Bird and The Shape of Water at some point. Not too interested in Phantom Thread or Call Me By Your Name.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 10:37 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Tried to watch The Post. What a fucking bore. I fell asleep after about 30 min.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 11:06 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by tkitna
Just watched 'Lady Bird'. How is this movie being nominated for an Oscar? How many times do we need to watch the same old teen angst BS? Any after school special will give you the same content as Lady Bird.
it’s not about the subject matter, it’s about the execution of it

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 03:02 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

I'm all for its execution.

By Stoic

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 07:14 PM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Yeah, Lady Bird was very well done. But yeah, the subject matter annoyed me, too.

I thought it was odd that she threw herself out of the car at the beginning like she was suicidal or something. To me that set up the movie for something that it didn't really continue at all.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 10:10 PM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

I think Del Toro's deserves Best Director at the very least for The Shape of Water. Beautifully filmed with a gorgeous color palette and engaging direction that never really distracts. Definitely a fun and moving film.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 02:53 AM