KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The Leftist Fascists WAR on the Family and Children.

The Leftist Fascists WAR on the Family and Children.
Started by: Flyattractor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Fair enough on the eShitting, we're debating a topic we disagree on, I expect you to disagree with me.

My view on abortion is independent of my view on religion. I don't cite any higher authority or Biblical text for my stances and honestly don't really think to God or the Bible as the basis to my position. I'm in a couple circles with friends who are atheists that feel exactly the same way, so I don't think I'd suddenly become pro-choice if I lost my faith in God. I don't think it's fair to attribute my stance to religious motivations if that makes sense.

DMB, the best way to lower abortion rates is to lower the amount of unwanted pregnancies. This is a fact. PP does this.

If you disagree with the method above, what do you believe is the best way?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 07:15 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Robtard
DMB, the best way to lower abortion rates is to lower the amount of unwanted pregnancies. This is a fact. PP does this.

One of my suggestions was turning off all reproduction in humans and requiring a license to turn it back on. Similar to some dystopian Sci-Fi concepts.

Obvious, that's partially in jest but that's the only way, that I know of, that would be very close to stopping almost all unnecessary abortions.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 07:19 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by lazybones
Making abortions illegal does not significantly decrease their frequency. They just move from the legal sphere to back alley operations. We know this because Mexico, which bans abortions in most of the country, was found in a study to have an abortion rate 40% higher than the US. Here's an interesting article reporting on some official findings on the subject:

https://www.guttmacher.org/news-rel...t-united-states

The author of the study then goes on to explain that the disparity is to do with the USA's broader access to family planning and contraceptive services, which are some of the most crucial aspects of Planned Parenthood. Fund Planned Parenthood and those services, reduce abortion. Making abortion illegal and defunding the PP just puts lives at risk. Again, we can look at Mexico:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3673241/

I mean comparing Mexico with the US doesn't really work for me because they're a different country and you said it yourself the disparity was owed to differences in services, quality of life, and economic factors, and this is not enough to establish a causal link between abortion legislation and the prevalence of abortion.

Also planned parenthood isn't the only organization through which you can get access to these things, and I'm not saying ban abortion and defund Planned Parenthood.

If abortion was illegal and PP couldn't perform abortions, AND if planned parenthood wasn't donating millions of dollars to democrat political campaigns I wouldn't have that impetus to defund them. I don't think any organization donating millions of dollars to partisan political campaigns should get handouts from the taxpayer. If an organization wants to get handouts from the taxpayer they shouldn't then donate money to political candidates.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 07:19 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naugrim
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
Obvious, that's partially in jest

You had me worried there for a moment my friend.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 07:20 PM
Naugrim is currently offline Click here to Send Naugrim a Private Message Find more posts by Naugrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Naugrim
You had me worried there for a moment my friend.

Thanks for letting me know.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 07:21 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Okay. Then just one is good enough for me. We done? smile

Also, you typed a lot for nothing. You should cut your point down to just one sentence or 3 at the most. You can google everything you want on this. We agree on the premise. Everything else is a waste of time to discuss.

I'm not researching your argument for you.

So, you tell me? How many illegal and unlicensed abortions is at a high enough ratio to legal abortions before you consider, "Well, okay...we need to get abortions made legal and regulated and fund contraceptives and education."?

At the very least to the point where the total number of mothers and unborn children die from back alley abortions is greater than the number of unborn children who currently die from abortion. If it's equal to or less than that number it's not worth the moral compromise of a government being legally permissive of that kind of thing.

Edit: And again, I'm fine with contraceptives and sex ed

Tell me where your douchebaggery ends and your kindness begins. My douchebaggery on this topic ends at the first trimester. After that, no abortions.

Either at conception or gastrulation (2 weeks) I'm a bit conflicted there. And as previously mentioned I have no stance on rape abortion since neither stance satisfies my conscience, and medical danger to the mother's life is a perfectly valid defense for abortion.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 07:25 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naugrim
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanks for letting me know.

You're welcome my friend.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 07:30 PM
Naugrim is currently offline Click here to Send Naugrim a Private Message Find more posts by Naugrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I'm not researching your argument for you.

Yes you will if you really want your argument, that I did not make or agree to engage in, to be addressed.

At the very least to the point where the total number of mothers and unborn children die from back alley abortions is greater than the number of unborn children who currently die from abortion.

Why? Why do I want to make that argument? This is a red herring. I don't want to talk about that nor was that my point. That's your point. If you want that as your point, great, google it and research it and then argue with yourself about it.

But if you want to research my actual point, I can help you and I intend this in the most extreme of condescending ways (I mean it as insultingly as possibly towards you and I have 0 kind intentions in doing this, just to be clear):

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+many+women...legal+abortions

Either at conception or gastrulation (2 weeks) I'm a bit conflicted there. And as previously mentioned I have no stance on rape abortion since neither stance satisfies my conscience, and medical danger to the mother's life is a perfectly valid defense for abortion.

I once held that stance. But it's just not possible to hold women to that standard as most don't even know they are pregnant until well after that point. They will get illegal abortions if it is only at 2 weeks.

And, no, I do not have data on that. But find me a single woman who knows for sure that they are pregnant at even 1 week.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 07:31 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Robtard

Other organizations that don't participate in abortion providing these services, and planned parenthood is not the only organization that provides these services. And condoms for example aren't very expensive.

I'm also completely in support of proper comprehensive sex-ed in schools, I'm not one of those dipshits whose like "teachin people to have safe sex is the path to Satan" or whatever.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 07:32 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Yes you will if you really want your argument, that I did not make or agree to engage in, to be addressed.

Why? Why do I want to make that argument? This is a red herring. I don't want to talk about that nor was that my point. That's your point. If you want that as your point, great, google it and research it and then argue with yourself about it.

But if you want to research my actual point, I can help you and I intend this in the most extreme of condescending ways (I mean it as insultingly as possibly towards you and I have 0 kind intentions in doing this, just to be clear):

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+many+women...legal+abortions

Again though, your argument and premise is completely unconvincing to me without the answer to the question I'm interested. If you're not interested in arguing that point, then your argument isn't shifting my position.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 07:36 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I'm sick AF right now, need a shower, haven't eaten today, have class in two hours, and have been arguing with multiple people in this thread for the past couple hours.

I'm signing off for now.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 07:37 PM
dadudemon

And condoms for example aren't very expensive.

And they suck. Not all use them or will ever use them. No matter how much education you give them.

And they still cost money. When you're poor and horny (humans are very sexual...no matter what, they will still squish their genitals together), you're not too concerned about spending money on contraceptives.

I'm also completely in support of proper comprehensive sex-ed in schools, I'm not one of those dipshits whose like "teachin people to have safe sex is the path to Satan" or whatever.

That's great. It's demonstrably provable to prevent more unwanted pregnancies. I'm all about preventing abortions.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 07:38 PM
dadudemon

Again though, your argument and premise is completely unconvincing to me without the answer to the question I'm interested.

But, I just don't care about your question as I think it is unnecessary from my bottom-line to take my stance. Remember, I put my limit at a single dead woman getting an illegal abortion.

My line is already crossed. So why should I care about your line? It's not mine. It's yours. You agree with my premise, anyway. So what are we even arguing about?

If you're not interested in arguing that point, then your argument isn't shifting my position.

Again, I don't want to. I will not try to convince you of it. I am not interesting in doing so. There's nothing left to my argument. If you're not convinced of it, there's no point to continue especially to try to force me to argue your point: not going to happen. If you're not convinced that a single dead woman, due to an illegal abortion, is bad, then there's no point to continue because that's already my bottom line.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 07:41 PM
dadudemon

I'm sick AF right now, need a shower, haven't eaten today, have class in two hours, and have been arguing with multiple people in this thread for the past couple hours.

I'm signing off for now.

Have fun and get well, soon. Try not to get sicker by pushing yourself too hard.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 07:42 PM
Flyattractor

Oh Feetal's Gizz... Almost 4 pages already? It only had 3 repsones for almost two days and then I wake up to THIS!?

Fuhhh.. Now I gotta Read all this crap. |
|
Well Lefty Fascist Crap to see how much the thread has been derailed anyway...

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 07:43 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by -Pr-
Please leave Ireland out of your weird agenda.

Also, that video is biased as ****.

This actually explains a lot.

Another Irish poster on a wrestling board was on pretty good terms with me, until we got to abortion. Taking the "pro life" stance seemed to put me on his shitlist.

I guess I stumbled into a pretty personal topic, between that and the fact in recent history, some people actually died from being denied an abortion (Which I also didn't know at the time)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 12:43 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm

Another Irish poster on a wrestling board was on pretty good terms with me, until we got to abortion. Taking the "pro life" stance seemed to put me on his shitlist.

I guess I stumbled into a pretty personal topic, between that and the fact in recent history, some people actually died from being denied an abortion (Which I also didn't know at the time)

I don't think people should be forced to go through with a pregnancy if it presents a danger to their health.

Thing is though, getting abortions because there is a physical danger are very very rare. As abortions due to rape. Most of the time it's just due to being irresponsible.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 01:03 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by -Pr-
Please leave Ireland out of your weird agenda.

Also, that video is biased as ****.

The video touch's on who's pushing anti-abortion agendas.l

You said you're in PR, didn't you?

...and just noticed your name is Pr, but I digress... smile

I find myself often wondering how we get to where we are in political discourse. Take gay marriage.. The support wasn't nearly as universal a short time ago. As early as 2001 or so, I was the one defending people's right to marry, on the basis I believed people should have the right to do what makes them happy, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.

Now, it seems everyone supports gay marriage. In many cases, vehemently.

Polls reflect this.. In only a few decades, we went from something like a quarter of people supporting same sex marriage, to a majority.

And yes, some of this will be due to changing demographics, kids coming of age and such, but there's no way a change that big will happen in such a short time unless a lot of people changed their minds, or a lot of people dropped dead.

So, more likely they were swayed. I don't know what convinced them, but it's mind boggling to me that a marketing campaign over a mere two decades can be THAT effective.

But I'm also wondering, what if they decided to market the opposite way, No gay marriage for anyone!

Or, maybe market for killing the gays.

Just how effective is this shit? How impressionable are people? I mean, my base views of abortion were formed back in my early school days, because of a very personal feeling that makes up the core of my ethics, which is based on my personality (In dirty terms, I usually think "If that were me...")

Seems to me, most other people spout off talking points. Points they got from somewhere else, or someone else. And I can't help but wonder if years of psychology and think tanks have created the most sophisticated propaganda machine on this planet, and if almost all of our politics, from the news to Twitter flame wars, are exactly what someone, somewhere, wanted them to be.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 02:02 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I can't speak for anyone else, but I wouldn't give anyone shit purely for being pro-life. My only issue is when anyone who does it uses their opinion to hurt others.

The video touch's on who's pushing anti-abortion agendas.l

You said you're in PR, didn't you?

...and just noticed your name is Pr, but I digress... smile

I find myself often wondering how we get to where we are in political discourse. Take gay marriage.. The support wasn't nearly as universal a short time ago. As early as 2001 or so, I was the one defending people's right to marry, on the basis I believed people should have the right to do what makes them happy, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.

Now, it seems everyone supports gay marriage. In many cases, vehemently.

Polls reflect this.. In only a few decades, we went from something like a quarter of people supporting same sex marriage, to a majority.

And yes, some of this will be due to changing demographics, kids coming of age and such, but there's no way a change that big will happen in such a short time unless a lot of people changed their minds, or a lot of people dropped dead.

So, more likely they were swayed. I don't know what convinced them, but it's mind boggling to me that a marketing campaign over a mere two decades can be THAT effective.

But I'm also wondering, what if they decided to market the opposite way, No gay marriage for anyone!

Or, maybe market for killing the gays.

Just how effective is this shit? How impressionable are people? I mean, my base views of abortion were formed back in my early school days, because of a very personal feeling that makes up the core of my ethics, which is based on my personality (In dirty terms, I usually think "If that were me...")

Seems to me, most other people spout off talking points. Points they got from somewhere else, or someone else. And I can't help but wonder if years of psychology and think tanks have created the most sophisticated propaganda machine on this planet, and if almost all of our politics, from the news to Twitter flame wars, are exactly what someone, somewhere, wanted them to be.

I'm in IT. I wouldn't be able to be in PR, as that's the kind of job that deals with people too much.

It did feel like a very quick shift, aye.

Whatever your opinion, even if it's different from mine, the guy in the video is being woefully biased.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 06:34 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Its always fun to watch Leftists come up with ways to DEVALUE Human life while trying to make it look like they actually value it.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 08:19 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote