KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The Leftist Fascists WAR on the Family and Children.

The Leftist Fascists WAR on the Family and Children.
Started by: Flyattractor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Its always fun to watch Leftists come up with ways to DEVALUE Human life while trying to make it look like they actually value it.

Who are you actually talking about?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 08:28 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

All of them.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 08:38 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

All of them.

Might want to be careful about hypocrisy, because it's not like the "right" has any huge concern for Human life either.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 08:40 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RHaggis
The Jammy Bastard

All of them.

Bit on an unfair generalisation, no?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 09:20 PM
RHaggis is currently offline Click here to Send RHaggis a Private Message Find more posts by RHaggis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I mean I was pro-life even when I was on the left tbh

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 09:33 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Emperordmb
. If an organization wants to get handouts from the taxpayer they shouldn't then donate money to political candidates. [/B]

Then let's ban lobbyists.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 11:00 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Robtard
PP stops more abortions from every happening in the first place.

That should end this argument, if it's true.

Can you source me?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 11:22 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 11:24 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Yeah, the post you're responding to is a comparison, so you're going to need to respond, with a comparison.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 11:27 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
That should end this argument, if it's true.

Can you source me?

But it won't good sir, it won't. Just look at Surtur and his redic appeal to emotion headline story. ie "LOOK HOW MANY DEAD BABIES THEY MURDERED AND KILLED!"

But here you go, there's lots of info on PP in the story but here's what I think you're looking for:

-Planned Parenthood says it prevents an estimated 579,000 unintended pregnancies per year.

-Contraception accounted for 34% of the services it provided, according to the 2015 GAO report. (abortion is around 3%)

-2 million reversible contraception patients

-91,589 emergency contraception kits

-According to the Guttmacher Institute (PDF), publicly funded family planning in 2014 helped women avoid 2 million unintended pregnancies.

Link

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Jan 26th, 2018 at 11:39 PM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 11:36 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

-According to the Guttmacher Institute (PDF), publicly funded family planning in 2014 helped women avoid 2 million unintended pregnancies.

Link

Which is where my stance comes from on Planned Parenthood. That's a lot of NOT-murdered babies.

That makes my heart happy.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 12:12 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

-Planned Parenthood says it prevents an estimated 579,000 unintended pregnancies per year.

Is that net? Does it take into account the number of funded abortions?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 12:45 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Not sure what you mean? PP says it prevents 579k unintended pregnancies per year. Considering unintended pregnancies are the main cause of abortions, as women who are trying to get pregnant don't often decide to terminate unless there's a medical complication, so that means PP potentially stop over half a million abortions from every needing to happen.

Even if we lowball and say only 20% of those unintended pregnancies would end up as abortions, that's over 115,000 abortions not happening due to PP per year. That's a good thing.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 01:02 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

Well, well, well, I must say I was somewhat surprised at how terribly dickish DDM was to DMB. He brutally attacked his position with no remorse. I think it is worth taking a look at the data on abortion legislation and abortion rates and see if a causative effect can be found and that cross-referencing that information with maternal deaths in illegal abortions. I will also cross-reference the data with the increased contraceptives that planned parenthood provides. Full disclosure, I am pro-life. I was pro-choice for years and years until I finally deduced the point of personage.

I have seen a lot of bad data on this subject some of which has been posted on this thread(no offense Lazybones you are a great debater and a formidable opponent).

Here are the articles I have seen: https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/arti...n-rates-at-all, https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...b09bd304bfd920, http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/12/w...2abortion.html, http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_facto...loped_ones.html

The entire premise of these articles is flawed. The articles use cross-country data to extrapolate no correlation between abortion policy and abortion rates. There are some immediate issues which result from this type of analysis.

1. The culture and access to contraceptives. In general, the more affluent the culture, the fewer abortions. If a mother has more money to sustain her child, she is likely to abort it. Also, many of these low-income countries have fewer contraceptives. Given the fact that neither of these variables is accounted for the data becomes are less convincing.

2. To truly find the effect of abortion laws, one must see the abortion rate before the ban after the ban and use a regression analysis to discount other variables.

With those two issues in mind, let's take a closer look at the data. We need a study which looks at abortion laws before or after their enactment or removal and observes the change with a regression analysis. Luckily, Web(2007) does just that. They found,

quote:
Parental involvement laws reduced the minor abortion rate by an average of 1.67 abortions per 1,000 females between the ages of 13 and 17.
Medicaid funding restrictions reduced the minor abortion rate by an average of 2.34 abortions per 1,000 females between the ages of 13 and 17.
The results of two natural experiments indicate that pro-life legislation, not changing values, is responsible for the declines in abortion.

This legislation transpired mainly at the state level,

quote:
In 1992, only 20 states enforced parental involvement statutes.[8] By 2000, 32 states enforced such laws.[9] Since parental involvement laws require minors to notify or to receive permission from a parent before having an abortion, these laws could have an especially large impact on the childbearing decisions of minors.

Other types of pro-life legislation gained support during the 1990s as well. In 1992, virtually no states had informed consent laws.[10] By 2000, consent laws were in effect in 27 states.[11] Similarly, in 1992, no states had banned or restricted partial-birth abortion. By 2000, 12 states had passed bans or restrictions on partial-birth abortion.[12]

The study also analyzes the majority of the empirical research. There has not been THAT much data on the subject but based on the scope of the research and the methodology as detailed in the report; I contend it is the best study we have at this point. But the study itself looks only at the national abortion rate. If we look individually at states and analyze abortion's effect there, the results become far more marked. To quote Web(2007),

quote:
Virginia Cartoof and Lorraine Klerman found that the number of abortions performed on Massachusetts minors, both in state and out of state, fell by 15 percent after passage of Massachusetts' parental consent statute.[19] Similarly, several studies analyzing Minnesota's parental notification law have found little evidence that minors are leaving the state in significant numbers to obtain abortions in neighboring states.

DDM was extraordinarily unfair in dismissing DMB's allegations. As far as illegal abortion deaths go, I question the amount of carnage. The issue with a lot of this data is that it analyzes developing countries. Even if we take these numbers at face value(which I doubt we should), abortion deaths still trump illegal motherly deaths. If we look at states that have enacted anti-abortion legislation the parental consent statute alone reduced abortions by 15% among minors. One law has that much of a reverberating effect. In 1980, Massachusetts had 375,213 adolescent abortions. A 15% decrease would save 40,774 unborn babies. That is one legislation in one state. If we illegalized abortion entirely in all 50 states, I would imagine that the numbers of killed babies would drop by at least 10%. That number drastically outstrips the number of illegal abortion deaths in developing countries. 68,000 women worldwide die from illegal abortions. In 2014, there were 652,639 abortions a year. 10% of that number is 65,263. So, the cost-benefit analysis quite clearly favors the pro-life position. I am quite disappointed at how flippantly everyone disregarded DMB's excellent argument.

"I killed them, of course. Just as I killed the Guardian. Just as I now kill you."

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 02:04 AM
DarthSkywalker0 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

My main issue with abortion is I've seen dipshits say it's not murder cuz it's not a life. But then say if someone beats down a woman who is 3 months pregnant and she loses the kid it is murder.

Momma don't decide if it's a life or not. Nobody who feels the latter situation is murder but abortion isn't is to be taken seriously.

Some interesting numbers: since Cecile Richards was in charge of PP the number of abortions we've had...if you take the number of non suicide related firearm deaths per year, it would take over 600 years to match the number of babies aborted under her.

Last edited by Surtur on Jan 27th, 2018 at 02:15 AM

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 02:09 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by DarthSkywalker0
DDM was extraordinarily unfair in dismissing DMB's allegations.

HowcanmyopiniononDMBsquestionbefairorunfair? It'smyopinionandIthinkDMBhasaveryshittyperspective
onhumanlife. You'reseriouslyallthewayupyourassandwastedalotofti
me.thumb upYou'vegonedowntoa4:belowaverage.Edit-Youclearlydidn'tread. Iwasveryclear:asinglewoman'slifeisenoughformetoset
myline. DMBishunguponratioswhichIdonotgiveaflyingf*ckabout
...it'sapoorstandard.Also,Iwasn'tjustbeingdickish:IAMadick.Andahuge*ssholeaboutspecifictopics. Beabitmorebraveanddon'tbeataroundthebushwithuseles
sfluff.

smile

Last edited by dadudemon on Jan 27th, 2018 at 03:33 AM

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 03:30 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

TBH, I truly doubt we would have many illegal abortion deaths. I think most mothers who truly needed it would find a black market doctor or go overseas. We would just have a serious decline in abortions.

"I killed them, of course. Just as I killed the Guardian. Just as I now kill you."

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 03:39 AM
DarthSkywalker0 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

TBH, I truly doubt we would have many illegal abortion deaths. I think most mothers who truly needed it would find a black market doctor or go overseas. We would just have a serious decline in abortions.

I appreciate the level headed reply to my underlying point. thumb up

To address your point, no, that's incorrect. I do not think you understand how the poor and less privileged have to function, day-to-day. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The rich and middle class may be able to afford going out of the country for an abortion. But the lower-middle and lower classes just cannot afford the cost and time to leave the country for abortions. When you are paid hourly and live paycheck to paycheck, affording time off of work, for even sickness, is just not acceptable.

I agree that some "black market" doctors will perform it which would increase the safety (legit doctors performing it for whatever their reasons: organized crime, money, humanitarian efforts because they disagree with government policy, etc.). But that's not how all elements of black markets work. According to the numbers, quite a few women die from illegal abortions every year. These are the facts we have to deal with.

Instead of 1 dead person, we now have several negative scenarios:

1. 2 dead people (which this is across my bottom line).
2. Permanently damaged woman who can no longer have children.
3. A damaged reproductive system that may deform or cause other problems trying to have babies in the future.
4. The loss of multiple human lives because the mother can no longer have any future babies.

If we look at a developing human life as a potential life, I also consider potential future babies as potential life. Destroying the ability for a mother to have any future babies due to an illegal abortion is a similar loss of potential life for that mother.

What is your position? Make all abortion illegal? Make abortions legal up to 3 years old? Something in between?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 04:04 AM
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

Back to your old levelheadedness. My issue with those numbers is that they mainly based on developing countries where 97% of these unsafe abortions occur. There are social, religious, and political obstacles which exist in those countries. The point of personage, for me, is six weeks as that is when the brain waves begin. I would support legislation which illegalizes abortion beyond that point.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 04:10 AM
dadudemon

The point of personage, for me, is six weeks as that is when the brain waves begin. I would support legislation which illegalizes abortion beyond that point.

I hold a similar position. However, your position is even earlier than mine. Your 6 week number will force many women in a place like the US to seek unsafe treatment. So your policy would cause the death or or harm to many women.

How do you feel about that? Does that change your position? Would you focus on avoiding the point of abortions to begin with?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 04:16 AM