KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The Leftist Fascists WAR on the Family and Children.

The Leftist Fascists WAR on the Family and Children.
Started by: Flyattractor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
I hold a similar position. However, your position is even earlier than mine. Your 6 week number will force many women in a place like the US to seek unsafe treatment. So your policy would cause the death or or harm to many women.

How do you feel about that? Does that change your position? Would you focus on avoiding the point of abortions to begin with?

I question the amount of harm and whether or not that harm is enough to outweigh the deaths of hundreds of thousands of fetuses every year. But, yes I would try to support a family-value centric culture and encourage more sexual restraint.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 04:18 AM
DarthSkywalker0 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by DarthSkywalker0
I question the amount of harm and whether or not that harm is enough to outweigh the deaths of hundreds of thousands of fetuses every year. But, yes I would try to support a family-value centric culture and encourage more sexual restraint.

Again, for me, it's just one death of a mother forced to do an illegal abortion.

Which means no matter my position, there will be a normal, functioning woman that wants an abortion past my arbitrary and personal limit of 3 months and they will kill themselves trying to do it.

That really sucks.

Encourage sexual restraint just is not possible. As I said to DMB, humans are extremely sexual. While you may be fine and can control yourself, almost no other humans can...and they f*ck all the damn time, are trying to f*ck, or do all sorts of sexually deviant things just to get off. That is how humans are.

Telling humans to "restrain yourselves, don't get pregnant until you're in a stable relationship with a functioning adult male that will be a good father, and then have sex as much as you want with the idea that a baby could result" just won't work.

Family values a great. To restore the core family, lower divorce, lower single parent home rates, we have to put women back into a patriarchal society like it was pre-1960s. Do you want that?

Let's talk solutions to the problems.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 04:39 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Just to provide some perspective for anyone that watched the video:

-If the referendum ends with the 8th amendment being repealed in Ireland, it won't suddenly make all abortions legal. The current plan is to make abortions legal but only if the pregnancy hasn't passed the twelve week point.
-Ireland already offers emergency abortions if there's a threat to the life of the mother regardless of pregnancy length (be it illness or suicide). This had been something that a large number of people had been asking for ever since the early 90s during what's now known as the "X" case, but the tipping point was in 2012, when a woman by the name of Savita Halappanavar died in a hospital in Ireland because of complications during a miscarriage. People were PISSED. It was a national scandal, and it was in 2013 that the government finally brought in provisions to protect the life of the mother in such a scenario.

As far as the video goes, I can't speak for whether the pro-marriage people were funded by foreign companies. They very well might have been. What I can say, however, is that in the run-up to the vote, I saw far more media rallying AGAINST gay marriage on television and online. At LEAST half the youtube videos I watched during that period started with ads spouting uninformed rhetoric about how the country would fall apart if gay marriage was allowed.

He doesn't talk about how it's been commonly reported here that foreign companies are sponsoring the side that wants to KEEP the abortion legislation the way it is at the moment, offering far more funding than the alternative are getting that I can see.

He speaks about the signs that the extremists are using at rallies. Tasteless, sure, but no more tasteless than the pro-life extremists that stand in the middle of O'Connell Street (to you Americans, basically our Times Square), shoving pictures of dead foetuses in to the faces of both adults AND children with no regard for the people they're doing it to.

It's going to be a messy next few months, and I'm sure people will report all sorts of things about it.

For me personally? If you're pro life, great. Cool beans. I'm pro choice. I don't want a say in what happens to a baby unless it's a baby I helped make. So I will be voting to repeal the legislation myself. The vote at this point could go either way because socially, Ireland has shifted a LOT in the last thirty years. So it remains to be seen how close things will get.

Oh, and his comments about Brexit make him sound ****ing retarded.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 08:04 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Robtard
Not sure what you mean? PP says it prevents 579k unintended pregnancies per year. Considering unintended pregnancies are the main cause of abortions, as women who are trying to get pregnant don't often decide to terminate unless there's a medical complication, so that means PP potentially stop over half a million abortions from every needing to happen.

Even if we lowball and say only 20% of those unintended pregnancies would end up as abortions, that's over 115,000 abortions not happening due to PP per year. That's a good thing.

I mean. does PP fund more abortions than it prevents? If not, I see no reason why someone who considers abortion immoral and akin to murder would support PP.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 06:21 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
Just to provide some perspective for anyone that watched the video:

-If the referendum ends with the 8th amendment being repealed in Ireland, it won't suddenly make all abortions legal. The current plan is to make abortions legal but only if the pregnancy hasn't passed the twelve week point.
-Ireland already offers emergency abortions if there's a threat to the life of the mother regardless of pregnancy length (be it illness or suicide). This had been something that a large number of people had been asking for ever since the early 90s during what's now known as the "X" case, but the tipping point was in 2012, when a woman by the name of Savita Halappanavar died in a hospital in Ireland because of complications during a miscarriage. People were PISSED. It was a national scandal, and it was in 2013 that the government finally brought in provisions to protect the life of the mother in such a scenario.

As far as the video goes, I can't speak for whether the pro-marriage people were funded by foreign companies. They very well might have been. What I can say, however, is that in the run-up to the vote, I saw far more media rallying AGAINST gay marriage on television and online. At LEAST half the youtube videos I watched during that period started with ads spouting uninformed rhetoric about how the country would fall apart if gay marriage was allowed.

He doesn't talk about how it's been commonly reported here that foreign companies are sponsoring the side that wants to KEEP the abortion legislation the way it is at the moment, offering far more funding than the alternative are getting that I can see.

He speaks about the signs that the extremists are using at rallies. Tasteless, sure, but no more tasteless than the pro-life extremists that stand in the middle of O'Connell Street (to you Americans, basically our Times Square), shoving pictures of dead foetuses in to the faces of both adults AND children with no regard for the people they're doing it to.

It's going to be a messy next few months, and I'm sure people will report all sorts of things about it.

For me personally? If you're pro life, great. Cool beans. I'm pro choice. I don't want a say in what happens to a baby unless it's a baby I helped make. So I will be voting to repeal the legislation myself. The vote at this point could go either way because socially, Ireland has shifted a LOT in the last thirty years. So it remains to be seen how close things will get.

Oh, and his comments about Brexit make him sound ****ing retarded.

Why is the pro-choice side allowing foreign money to dictate the issue abroad?

Surely, the industries in England, the US, and other first world countries can match/exceed the pro life side in capital.

Do they simply not care? A "We have our own problems, let them have this" sentiment?

Would be a surprisingly callous attitude, if so. The common rhetoric is the side supporting pro-life are generally conservative nationalists that wouldn't life a finger to help a foreigner, while the pro-choice side falls in the liberal camp, where they have a more cosmopolitan interest in the welfare of everyone in the world.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 10:14 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by cdtm
Why is the pro-choice side allowing foreign money to dictate the issue abroad?

Surely, the industries in England, the US, and other first world countries can match/exceed the pro life side in capital.

Do they simply not care? A "We have our own problems, let them have this" sentiment?

Would be a surprisingly callous attitude, if so. The common rhetoric is the side supporting pro-life are generally conservative nationalists that wouldn't life a finger to help a foreigner, while the pro-choice side falls in the liberal camp, where they have a more cosmopolitan interest in the welfare of everyone in the world.

You say that like they have a choice. There's nothing they can really do about it bar trying to get funding themselves. I won't be surprised if they do, but I still expect the bulk of advertising on the issue that I see on TV/online to be pro-life based, as opposed to the opposite.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 29th, 2018 03:11 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

You say that like they have a choice. There's nothing they can really do about it bar trying to get funding themselves. I won't be surprised if they do, but I still expect the bulk of advertising on the issue that I see on TV/online to be pro-life based, as opposed to the opposite.

Well They DO have a Choice. They DO NOT Have to take Money from any one that throws it at them.

But then when your BELIEFS are already Built upon the Sand, it don't take much to get them to fall down.

Especially when Greed is involved.

evil face

Old Post Jan 29th, 2018 08:45 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Well They DO have a Choice. They DO NOT Have to take Money from any one that throws it at them.

But then when your BELIEFS are already Built upon the Sand, it don't take much to get them to fall down.

Especially when Greed is involved.

evil face

You mean like the pro-life crowd is taking money from foreign interests, like it's been doing for a good five years now?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 29th, 2018 11:01 PM
Flyattractor

Which Countries?

And one takes money to SAVE LIVES.

Whereas the Other Side Takes it to TAKE LIVES!

I know which side I side with.

You obviously side with MURDER!!!!

You jerk you!

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 11:02 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Which Countries?

And one takes money to SAVE LIVES.

Whereas the Other Side Takes it to TAKE LIVES!

I know which side I side with.

You obviously side with MURDER!!!!

You jerk you!

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 11:09 AM
Flyattractor

yes.

stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 11:11 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

yes.

stick out tongue

Hey, I just find it interesting that methods are justified as long as they serve the "right" side of the argument.

==

As far as the thread goes, it was revealed this week that the pro-life side will be using a boy with downs-syndrome as part of their ad campaign, arguing that with abortion, he would never have been born.

Of course, the fact that you can't detect downs before 12 weeks doesn't seem to matter to them.

If I see anything shady that the other side is doing, I'll post that too.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 11:16 AM
Flyattractor

Hey, I just find it interesting that methods are justified as long as they serve the "right" side of the argument.

==

As far as the thread goes, it was revealed this week that the pro-life side will be using a boy with downs-syndrome as part of their ad campaign, arguing that with abortion, he would never have been born.

Of course, the fact that you can't detect downs before 12 weeks doesn't seem to matter to them.

SO what you are saying is that You think the Policies that groups like he NAZIS employed are a good way to go.

Nice.

YOU MURDERING JERK YOU!!!!!!!

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 11:17 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

==

Want to bet some people would walk away from their little show and think "I'm convinced. That disabled boy could have been MY problem. We NEED abortion!"

A shitty thing to think, but lets not pretend this isn't every prospective parents worst fear.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 12:55 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm saying, where's the offers to fund?

I guess I should have asked where the funding's coming from, but I assumed ultra conservative groups based in the US and England, where a lot of groups with a lot of money funding a lot of causes exist.

So what are the pro-choicers doing there. They have as much money as the cons, get off their asses and offer funding to the opposition..

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 01:01 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

SO what you are saying is that You think the Policies that groups like he NAZIS employed are a good way to go.

Nice.

YOU MURDERING JERK YOU!!!!!!!

So you're equating being pro-choice to being pro-holocaust?

Aren't you American? Where's all that boisterous "freedom!" talk I see so often from you?

Want to bet some people would walk away from their little show and think "I'm convinced. That disabled boy could have been MY problem. We NEED abortion!"

A shitty thing to think, but lets not pretend this isn't every prospective parents worst fear.

They might. And tbh, I'm of the belief that it's not so terrible to abort a baby that you know is going to have downs either. But again, that's me.

I'm saying, where's the offers to fund?

I guess I should have asked where the funding's coming from, but I assumed ultra conservative groups based in the US and England, where a lot of groups with a lot of money funding a lot of causes exist.

So what are the pro-choicers doing there. They have as much money as the cons, get off their asses and offer funding to the opposition..

Last I heard it was some American groups, and yeah, I'm sure that the pro-abortion side will be getting their own funding too.

Thankfully our news here is balanced enough that if either side starts ****ing around, it isn't long before you hear about it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 02:23 PM
Flyattractor

So you're equating being pro-choice to being pro-holocaust?

Aren't you American? Where's all that boisterous "freedom!" talk I see so often from you?

So you support the Notion of FREEDOM TO MURDER!?

Sorry My Little Lefty Looney. That AINT MY America.

smokin'

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 08:37 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

So you support the Notion of FREEDOM TO MURDER!?

Sorry My Little Lefty Looney. That AINT MY America.

smokin'

Who's talking about murder?

lol, you're precious. To the "left" I'm on the right, and vice versa. You people need to be more consistent, especially when I'm neither.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 09:45 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Many mothers want their daughters to marry a rich man just like Donald Trump.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 09:16 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Putinbot1
Many mothers want their daughters to marry a rich man just like Donald Trump.

You mean many daughters want their mothers to marry a rich man just like Donald Trump.

That statement resonates with me. Grabs me quite firmly. I hope you don't even wait.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 09:36 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote