KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Afterthought vs Spider-Man

Afterthought vs Spider-Man
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
8swords

i always thought that the SS is more mystic in a sense,that if AT saw 5 sec in the future and lets say spidermanwould backstab him, so AT will do a backhand in preparation for what he saw in the future, Spiderman would just react to whatever AT does currently, i mean he is agile/fast enough to react/do that. just my two cents here..

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 03:02 PM
8swords is currently offline Click here to Send 8swords a Private Message Find more posts by 8swords Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by 8swords
i always thought that the SS is more mystic in a sense,that if AT saw 5 sec in the future and lets say spidermanwould backstab him, so AT will do a backhand in preparation for what he saw in the future, Spiderman would just react to whatever AT does currently, i mean he is agile/fast enough to react/do that. just my two cents here..

Unless the reactions are all exactly what AT wants him to do...

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 03:09 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8swords

maybe a time frame would be better here, hmm soo in 5 seconds spiderman would jump over AT and backstabbed him.. soo in 4.5secs AT will do a backhand, in spidermans case for me, in the span of .5 secs he would sense something and evade/counter at will in the span of .4 secs.. its a matter of who could outthink faster..

oh and asfor the ray example.. he doesnt have precog.. soo meh..

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 03:24 PM
8swords is currently offline Click here to Send 8swords a Private Message Find more posts by 8swords Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by 8swords
maybe a time frame would be better here, hmm soo in 5 seconds spiderman would jump over AT and backstabbed him.. soo in 4.5secs AT will do a backhand, in spidermans case for me, in the span of .5 secs he would sense something and evade/counter at will in the span of .4 secs.. its a matter of who could outthink faster..

oh and asfor the ray example.. he doesnt have precog.. soo meh..

But AT will know that Spidey will evade/counter his first blow (remember, it doesn't switch on and off).

So when Spidey evades the backhand, he just...leaps straight into the spinning kick that AT launched. Because AT knew that he was going to evade the backhand, and acted accordingly.

But then, neither is Spidey lightspeed, lol.

Try standing at the doorway to a room, by the lightswitch. You're the one in control, so you know EXACTLY when the light will come on.

Are you telling me, just because you know when the light comes on, you'll be able to dodge the light? Jump out of the way of the light rays?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 03:35 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Imo it's not that simple.
This has been posted before I think but it's still relevant.
Madam Web has spider-man's stats and can see the future. In fact her ability is superior to AT's as she's not limited to 5 seconds. And she still can't connect once on Parker. That's without his spider sense.
So AT's power is by no means an auto win. IMO it comes down to their stats. And it's a bit early to tell with AT. I honestly do not believe that he is meant to be a speedster, more like it was just meant to be a cool feat and a display of his time related power. However, if he'll be written as a speedster instead of a guy with enhanced stats I'll give him the win of course. For now he's DC's Mister X I think. They'll probably have him struggle with Dick Grayson in 6 months or so.

(please log in to view the image)

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 10:17 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

DC's Mister X? Mister X got clobbered by Quicksilver. AT is MUCH more formidable. He kicked Lobo's ass. Has Madame Web done something similar to that magnitude? Has Madame Webb outreacted someone FTL?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 10:24 AM
Senor Cage is online now! Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Mister X in a sense that he's the new flavor of the month on KMC. Not power wise.
No, she hasn't. But she does have a similar power. That was the purpose of the scan. Stats is a different story though. And until I see a scan of AT keeping up with Flash in an actual combat that AT's feat to me will remain just that, a cool feat. I am not yet ready to believe that AT is faster than Spider-man because of that scan alone. The same way I don't put Deathstroke's speed above every other meta just because he occasionally tags Flash thanks to strategy/experience/CIS. So no reason to believe that he'll be more successful than Madam Web in tagging Parker. And Spider-man has hurt herald level
characters as well. But like I said, if he's shown to be faster than Spider-man in future appearances I'll change my mind.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Last edited by SamZED on Jan 28th, 2018 at 10:36 AM

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 10:34 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Tbf,didn't Lobo eventually win?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 10:34 AM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by SamZED
Mister X in a sense that he's the new flavor of the month on KMC. Not power wise.
No, she hasn't. But she does have a similar power. That was the purpose of the scan. Stats is a different story though. And until I see a scan of AT keeping up with Flash in an actual combat that AT's feat to me will remain just that, a cool feat. I am not yet ready to believe that AT is faster than Spider-man because of that scan alone. The same way I don't put Deathstroke's speed above every other meta just because he occasionally tags Flash thanks to strategy/experience/CIS. So no reason to believe that he'll be more successful than Madam Web in tagging Parker. And Spider-man has hurt herald level
characters as well. But like I said, if he's shown to be faster than Spider-man in future appearances I'll change my mind.

Well, if we're using AT's battle rig, he can fight forever, and eventually Spidey will be tired.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 10:37 AM
Senor Cage is online now! Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by DarkSaint85

No, I think he was distracted, and KF froze him.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 10:37 AM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Nope. AT just couldn't kill Him due to His' HF.

Lobo has been portrayed very SHITTILY in the JLA book.

But then the whole book is really kind of shitty.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 10:40 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SamZED
Imo it's not that simple.
This has been posted before I think but it's still relevant.
Madam Web has spider-man's stats and can see the future. In fact her ability is superior to AT's as she's not limited to 5 seconds. And she still can't connect once on Parker. That's without his spider sense.
So AT's power is by no means an auto win. IMO it comes down to their stats. And it's a bit early to tell with AT. I honestly do not believe that he is meant to be a speedster, more like it was just meant to be a cool feat and a display of his time related power. However, if he'll be written as a speedster instead of a guy with enhanced stats I'll give him the win of course. For now he's DC's Mister X I think. They'll probably have him struggle with Dick Grayson in 6 months or so.

(please log in to view the image)

Sweet scans.

Afterbirth probably eventually goes down hard to Damian, mark my words.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2018 01:28 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote