KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Doctor Sleep

Doctor Sleep
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The Shining sequel 'Doctor Sleep'

So the novel Doctor Sleep the sequel to The Shining is getting turned into a movie

Mike Flanagan to Direct it

http://collider.com/doctor-sleep-mo...e-stephen-king/

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 12:29 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Hm.. I didn't even know there was a sequel to the novel.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 03:21 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Yup. Kinda.

I hope this movie isn't as crappy as The Shining.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 03:44 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Crappy? I hope you mean the most recent telemovie and not the film.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 04:21 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Pretty he wasn’t on about the telemovie

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 04:44 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

To be honest, I didn't even know there was a sequel novel to the Shining, but I'm officially interested as f*ck!

Stephen King's books are hit & miss for me; some are so white knuckle intense that I can't put the book down while others are so painfully boring that I can't get past the first quarter of the book.

I've read the Shining and loved it. Verrrrrry different from Kubrick's film, which I also adore. I might just have to start Doctor Sleep this weekend to see if I'll love it, too.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 04:52 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Yeah, I didn't like Kubrick's film. Maybe because I went in with too much expectations from all the praise it gets.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 04:57 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
To be honest, I didn't even know there was a sequel novel to the Shining, but I'm officially interested as f*ck!

Stephen King's books are hit & miss for me; some are so white knuckle intense that I can't put the book down while others are so painfully boring that I can't get past the first quarter of the book.

I've read the Shining and loved it. Verrrrrry different from Kubrick's film, which I also adore. I might just have to start Doctor Sleep this weekend to see if I'll love it, too.

Yeah, the book and movie are very different but both very good.

I also agree that Stephen King is very hit or miss.

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Yeah, I didn't like Kubrick's film. Maybe because I went in with too much expectations from all the praise it gets.

It's understated. That's why it's so good.

It's his use of the camera and the performances from the actors. He's brilliant.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 05:37 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Room 237

Fun documentary interpretating "hidden" meanings to The Shining & other Kubrick films.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 11:28 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I've heard Stephen King didn't like the Kubrick Shining movie

and with the miniseries its more of a result of king's bitchy attitude towards the original Stanley Kubrick Masterpiece, I've heard it sticks closer to the novel but it was still bad.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 02:06 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

The movie is great. Your taste is pure shitfire.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 04:12 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Shitfire? Come on.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 04:52 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Shitfire? Come on.
Shit in the form of fire spreading. Not on my watch, hick.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 04:54 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Hopefully it turns out good.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 05:09 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mike Flanagan. That top class director of absolutely ****ing nothing even remotely decent ever.

Yeeaaahhh I'm gonna need you to go ahead and not do that mmmkaaayyy. That'd be grreeatt.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 09:15 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by jaden101
Mike Flanagan. That top class director of absolutely ****ing nothing even remotely decent ever.

Yeeaaahhh I'm gonna need you to go ahead and not do that mmmkaaayyy. That'd be grreeatt.

He's supposedly has only had one good hit so far with Gerald's Game.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2018 05:32 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Ewan McGregor to play the grown up Danny Torrance

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/ewa..._medium=JoBloFB

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 02:44 AM
quanchi112
Disney

You suck as a human. That film is great.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 03:06 AM
steverules_2

Originally posted by quanchi112
You suck as a human. That film is great.

Stephen King hates the film

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 07:09 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by steverules_2
Stephen King hates the film

Then f$ck him. He's way too verbose as a writer.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 10:05 AM