KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Doctor Sleep

Doctor Sleep
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules_2
Stephen King hates the film
Then He’s wrong. Kubrick made that film great.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 12:37 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The book to the sequel kinda sucked though lol. Doesn't mean the movie has to, I guess. Though movies based on Kings shit don't have the best track record.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 03:21 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
Then He’s wrong. Kubrick made that film great.

To be fair, Kubrick apparently harassed King while making it so I'm not surprised King hates the film.

I also don't think he has any room to judge after "Maximum Overdrive". That wasn't the usual excuse of "somebody f*cked up adapting Kings work". No, that movie was directed by King.

Last edited by Surtur on Jun 14th, 2018 at 03:27 PM

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 03:22 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Surtur
To be fair, Kubrick apparently harassed King while making it so I'm not surprised King hates the film.

I also don't think he has any room to judge after "Maximum Overdrive". That wasn't the usual excuse of "somebody f*cked up adapting Kings work". No, that movie was directed by King.
Who cares? Shining was great thanks Stanley.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 05:25 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Jack was the only thing that saved the Shining Movie.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 06:40 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Nah, everything about the film was perfect.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 07:32 PM
Flyattractor

Yes. I agree. The Shining is a better movie then Infinity War.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 07:48 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Yes. I agree. The Shining is a better movie then Infinity War.
Not even close to Infinity War the best films of all time but as far as horror films get its great.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 07:50 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

If everything about it was perfect...how is Avengers superior?

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 08:25 PM
quanchi112
Disney

If everything about it was perfect...how is Avengers superior?
Higher levels of perfection. Perfect horror film can’t compete with a perfect MCU film.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 08:33 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Kazenji
Ewan McGregor to play the grown up Danny Torrance

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/ewa..._medium=JoBloFB

Is Tony still his friend and does he still like sandwiches?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 08:39 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Higher levels of perfection. Perfect horror film can’t compete with a perfect MCU film.

Technically a perfect film would have no mistakes.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 08:47 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Technically a perfect film would have no mistakes.
A horror film and an MCU film aren’t the same levels of perfection. Stop with the crybaby nonsense over my preferences. Get a life.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 11:10 PM
Flyattractor

Inf War was fun but had lots of stupid parts. So Shining Wins I guess.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 05:44 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Inf War was fun but had lots of stupid parts. So Shining Wins I guess.
Iyo not mine but you aren’t a diehard marvel guy I am. You lack passion for anything really other than complaining about all these evil corporations trying to keep you down, loserboy.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 02:13 PM
steverules_2

Watched the shining again today, still love it

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 04:38 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

A horror film and an MCU film aren’t the same levels of perfection. Stop with the crybaby nonsense over my preferences. Get a life.

I don't care about your preferences little one. I'm just letting you know you have a strange definition of perfect. I guarantee you there were mistakes made in Infinity Wars.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 05:24 PM
Flyattractor

Iyo not mine but you aren’t a diehard marvel guy I am. You lack passion for anything really other than complaining about all these evil corporations trying to keep you down, loserboy.

Yes. I still have the ability to make honest opinions on the reality of what I see.

You have LOST THAT!...If you ever had it to begin with.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 06:11 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Wait what? I love Kubrick and The Shining and have heard a lot about the behind the scenes drama, but never heard of Kubrick harassing King? Can you expand on that?

King generally doesn't understand what makes a good movie, he seems to resent filmmakers when they cut something out of the film that was in the book. Remember he approved of the pile of shit Shining miniseries because it was 'faithful'. He doesn't seem to understand that some things that work in a book won't work in a movie, Kubrick did understand that hence why he removed a lot of the more over the top stuff like plant monsters and shit.

Also full disclosure I'm not a fan of King as a writer, I don't like his writing style, comes off as a smart aleck during a lot of his narration and can be long winded.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 07:40 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

He stressed Shelley Duvall so much that she had clumps of hair fall out, a clock work orange he knows Malcolm McDowell hates snakes so even though the character didn’t have a snake in the book he added one to the film for that reason

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 09:13 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote