KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Doctor Sleep

Doctor Sleep
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
Wait what? I love Kubrick and The Shining and have heard a lot about the behind the scenes drama, but never heard of Kubrick harassing King? Can you expand on that?

King generally doesn't understand what makes a good movie, he seems to resent filmmakers when they cut something out of the film that was in the book. Remember he approved of the pile of shit Shining miniseries because it was 'faithful'. He doesn't seem to understand that some things that work in a book won't work in a movie, Kubrick did understand that hence why he removed a lot of the more over the top stuff like plant monsters and shit.

Also full disclosure I'm not a fan of King as a writer, I don't like his writing style, comes off as a smart aleck during a lot of his narration and can be long winded.

Apparently he would call King up at like 2 am and shit. And berated him when they disagreed on something.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 09:25 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Oh, haha. Yeah, sounds like Kubrick being Kubrick.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 09:58 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Surtur
I don't care about your preferences little one. I'm just letting you know you have a strange definition of perfect. I guarantee you there were mistakes made in Infinity Wars.
Not to me, loser. You’re such an idiot. Quit crying.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2018 02:38 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Surprised King hasn't harassed Andrés Muschietti since he left out the sewer sex scene for the recent IT adaption.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2018 02:43 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by BackFire
Also full disclosure I'm not a fan of King as a writer, I don't like his writing style, comes off as a smart aleck during a lot of his narration and can be long winded.

Same here. The Shining was one of the few novels I could stomach by him.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2018 10:20 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

It's too bad because he can come up with very cool and interesting ideas, but the way he presents them just isn't really for me.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2018 08:16 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

i read doctor sleep and it was definitely not a good story, imo. and The Shining is awesome! One of my fav films tbh lol

Old Post Jun 17th, 2018 07:05 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Jun 14th, 2019 10:04 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I love Ewan McGregor, really watch the shining again now

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jun 14th, 2019 10:27 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Attempting to make this adaptation fit in with the Kubrick film i see from the teaser, I thought King hated the movie.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2019 11:53 AM
steverules_2

He did

Can't say I'm surprised they're making it fit in with Kubrick film though

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jun 14th, 2019 12:28 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Kazenji

looks pretty good

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 14th, 2019 06:18 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Well if Sleepwalkers can get made into a movie...and this will be one of Stephen's High On Crack Books...soo

Old Post Jun 14th, 2019 07:11 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Well if Sleepwalkers can get made into a movie...and this will be one of Stephen's High On Crack Books...soo

and your point is?

more nonsense from Fly.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2019 03:18 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Looks very intriguing.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2019 01:56 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Oliver Brown
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think the movie is going to impress everybody because the movie "The Shining" was gained so much popularity very quickly, that's why they are making the sequel of it.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2019 01:08 PM
Oliver Brown is currently offline Click here to Send Oliver Brown a Private Message Find more posts by Oliver Brown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Sep 9th, 2019 11:39 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Kazenji

Gonna watch this trailer when I get a chance. Thanks for posting.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2019 12:29 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Apparently Jack Torrance shows up in the book as a ghost, Wonder if that'll make it to the film adaptation.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2019 02:33 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

The Shining was pretentious garbage so not really interested in watching this one.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Sep 10th, 2019 02:42 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote